Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A

Started by shamash, Apr 10, 2012, 10:37:23 AM

Author
Prometheus Footage Screening and Q&A (Read 69,506 times)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: shamash on Apr 10, 2012, 01:24:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOROvO2fxTc#
OMG  :laugh:

That belongs in a Monty Python film...

Considering my massive expectations on behalf of how David will pan out, I really digged this snippet from the TotalFilm report:

Quote...before a hologram of Peter Weyland introduces the lead scientists and congratulates them on the mission ahead. As suggested by his TED talk, it's to be one of discovery. He also makes reference to David the android, describing him as "a son" before referring to his absence of a soul. David looks a bit hurt.
I just can't wait anymore for this film... I can't anymore... I need help, guys...

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Eva on Apr 10, 2012, 01:51:50 PM

Considering my massive expectations on behalf of how David will pan out, I really digged this snippet from the TotalFilm report:

Quote...before a hologram of Peter Weyland introduces the lead scientists and congratulates them on the mission ahead. As suggested by his TED talk, it's to be one of discovery. He also makes reference to David the android, describing him as "a son" before referring to his absence of a soul. David looks a bit hurt.
I just can't wait anymore for this film... I can't anymore... I need help, guys...

Calm yourself Eva. It's nearly here. You can wait. It's just like waiting for christmas as a kid. The more you complain the longer it seems its gonna arrive.

Arcyarc

We're briefly introduced to various crew members (including Idris Elba's scene-stealing badass, the pilot, Janek)

Excellent!

I voted for Janek in the "Which Character are you looking forward to the most?" poll a few days ago. Great to hear he is actually as badass as I suspected he was going to be from the little snippets we see of him in the trailers so far.

Idris Elba is a seriously underrated actor - his performances in Luther and The Wire are outstanding...

Kol

Kol

idris elba - underrated?

anybody on this site who doesn't like him?  :D

Samus007

Quote from: Arcyarc on Apr 10, 2012, 02:13:11 PM
We're briefly introduced to various crew members (including Idris Elba's scene-stealing badass, the pilot, Janek)

Idris Elba is a seriously underrated actor - his performances in Luther and The Wire are outstanding...

Agreed

Vickers

Quote from: Eva on Apr 10, 2012, 01:09:15 PM
@Vickers - nice looking avatar/sig you've designed there - Shamash too  8)

Why, thank you! :)

Quote from: shamash on Apr 10, 2012, 01:42:58 PM
From vodi at pf

i lol'd

:D Lol!

Anyway, the majority of the film might not take place on LV-426 but anything is fair game in those last 8 minutes. ;) I'm guessing the derelict crash happens somewhere in the last 8 minutes but I hope I'm wrong and I think I remember reading something about no footage from the final act of the film being shown yet, so who knows.

ThisBethesdaSea

sighs....AGAIN....Lindelof himself said that Prometheus WILL NOT end with the derelict crashing on LV426.

Blacklabel

Quote from: Eva on Apr 10, 2012, 01:51:50 PM

Well, Zardoz does begin with a character announcing that the film will be "most satirical". So no it's not meant to be taken very seriously... that bit allways seems to go above people's heads once they see Sean Connery in this :laugh:

Vickers

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 10, 2012, 03:33:00 PM
sighs....AGAIN....Lindelof himself said that Prometheus WILL NOT end with the derelict crashing on LV426.

Well excuse me for making a mistake and missing one piece of information.

Glaive

Quote from: Vickers on Apr 10, 2012, 03:21:17 PM

From vodi at pf

i lol'd

Anyway, the majority of the film might not take place on LV-426 but anything is fair game in those last 8 minutes. ;) I'm guessing the derelict crash happens somewhere in the last 8 minutes but I hope I'm wrong and I think I remember reading something about no footage from the final act of the film being shown yet, so who knows.

I'm betting the 'crash' happens between the half-way and two-thirds mark.

ThisBethesdaSea

I would bet that if there are indeed TWO derelict ships, one perhaps escapes (and that's the one LV426 bound?)

Cory

Cory

Is footage gonna be uploaded to youtube anytime soon?

ryanjayhawk

Would love a look at the extended cave painting and the creature...

escroto

Quote from: Glaive on Apr 10, 2012, 03:49:25 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Apr 10, 2012, 03:21:17 PM

From vodi at pf

yeah, I think they sent the Derelict (where?) not many hours before the Prometheus arrive.

i lol'd

I'm betting the 'crash' happens between the half-way and two-thirds mark.

fiveways

No final act footage, and more interestingly the final act I have read was closed set and few have any idea what happens in it.  I wonder if they even kept the final act from the actors not involved in it.  This could all be bullshit, but with the level of security surrounding this movie I tend to believe it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed