Acid

Started by Huol, Aug 22, 2007, 01:11:20 AM

Author
Acid (Read 2,763 times)

Huol

Huol

Just thought of something...
How does scar keep an alien finger to mark Lex with?
In Aliens it was established that the acid stops "burning" after the alien dies...

At least Bishop says so.
"The molecular acid in he creatures blood oxidises after it's death, completely nuetralising."

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Well, originaly there were supposed to be alien body parts scattered all over after the explosion. That would have made the time after death only a few seconds, making it believable that the acid would still be potent.

I guess there's one more mistake to add to PA's list.  *grabs up the 50 page document counting the mistakes, and adds this one.*

Huol

Huol

While your at it, add the fact that scars spear doesn't dissolve while inside an alien.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Yeah, that's dumb,l i really hated that some of the pred's accessories and weapons were acid proof and others weren't.

Caledonia

Caledonia

Well remembered  :D

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Huol on Aug 22, 2007, 01:11:20 AM
Just thought of something...
How does scar keep an alien finger to mark Lex with?
In Aliens it was established that the acid stops "burning" after the alien dies...

At least Bishop says so.
"The molecular acid in he creatures blood oxidises after it's death, completely nuetralising."

I thought of this too at first.

But ... we have no way of knowing how long after its death this takes to happen.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 22, 2007, 01:54:53 AM
Yeah, that's dumb,l i really hated that some of the pred's accessories and weapons were acid proof and others weren't.

We theorized this was done intentionally by elder preds to make sure the younger preds kept on their toes.

Dusk

Dusk

Well, it was stupid that the Wristblades, the last means of defense, weren't acid proof.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Perhaps the elder preds were suggesting that you shouldn't ever have to use the wristblades as a last means of defense.

Dusk

Dusk

What kind of logic is that? I think it would be more challenging to take an Alien on with a Wristblade rather than a Spear, keeping it on distance or a Shuriken.

Yet all the weapons that would allow you easy and save kills are acid proof.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Think about it.  We know the Preds use wristblades as an iconic weapon.  Wouldn't it make sense to change the one thing EVERY predator uses to up the ante some? 

Young pred: Never fear, I just abandoned my spear, don't have my plasma caster, but I still have my trusty wristbades.

Young pred slashes alien

Young pred: Oh snap.  Guess I should've been smarter and kept all my weapons together.

Dusk

Dusk

Nah, not buying it. Preds hunt for the sport and the challenge. A close-up melee fight would be more challenging than throwing a shuriken from far away. If at all those Shurikens should've been a one deal only thing. Throw all of them carelessly around and you've no other choice but to go close-up.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I merely suggesting the elders were suggesting not to rely on expectation, there was definately an, "ohshit!" moment from Celtic when he realized he couldn't continue to use his wb.  Aside from that, every one of them had a melee weapon as a backup, they just never got to use them.

Celtic had his throwing spear and the alien knife, Gill had his forearm blades, and Scar had his throwng spear and his throwing stars which he DOES use as a melee weapon.

vegadivine

vegadivine

I have a question or two about the pred weapons.

Why is it that the wrist blades melt when they cut through an alien's tail, but the shuriken don't when they cut through an alien's head, and a face hugger?

Also, why don't the preds have acid-proof armor and only a few acid-proof weapons? That seems pretty... odd... to me.

ShadowXeno

ShadowXeno

Because Paul(In his commentary) said he wanted the fights to be in favor of both for short pperiods of time(This isn't word-for-word). So he has to defy reality to work it out instead of putting sense into it. Every possible thing that could harm an Alien in a fight favored with Alien melts while in fights favored for Preds, they don't melt. I'm just wondering. If they know about an Alien's acidic blood, why bring such armor? You would think Preds would have common sense and would make acid-proof armor. With all these meltable stuff, trying to 'become men' would be an extremely hard thing. Hell. All these Preds had trouble until they used Plasmacasters(Which would only make things too easy. A person can't be a man if he needs guns/gun-like weapons to kill someone who fights hardcore-like with his barehands. Guns don't make men. Which is one of the many reasons why some people at school who get bullied too much, would bring guns and grenades to kill ther bully).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed