Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more)

Started by ikarop, Apr 04, 2012, 08:56:36 AM

Author
Press Event Previews (New screenshots, videos and more) (Read 69,538 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Monolith severely screwed up the Runners in AVP2. More so than the Warriors (who'd thought that was possible? lol). It drove me crazy.

Still, at least the Warriors were a major step up from Rebellion's original AVP PC game. lol

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 08, 2012, 07:32:08 PM...could do everything you want even if it is Godzilla running into Hadley's hope kicking ass.  ;D
f**k yeah. I'd kill to see that. 8)

ゴジラ!!!!!

alanwu1233

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Apr 08, 2012, 08:36:40 PM
Monolith severely screwed up the Runners in AVP2. More so than the Warriors (who'd thought that was possible? lol). It drove me crazy.

Still, at least the Warriors were a major step up from Rebellion's original AVP PC game. lol

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 08, 2012, 07:32:08 PM...could do everything you want even if it is Godzilla running into Hadley's hope kicking ass.  ;D
f**k yeah. I'd kill to see that. 8)

ゴジラ!!!!!

If Godzilla was there, they better brought us Ghidorah .

King Rathalos

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 08, 2012, 07:32:08 PM
If A:CM gets a SDK, modable community will have unlimited power over the game and could do everything you want even if it is Godzilla running into Hadley's hope kicking ass.  ;D

Man, don't tempt me...I would buy the PC version just to do that. If it gets an SDK. ;D

newbeing

Saw this today. http://www.1up.com/previews/authenticity-aliens-colonial-marines-blockbuster
Brings up some good points about Authenticity and play-ability among younger generations that have never seen the Alien films before.

Predaker

Has anyone used the flamethrower, yet? I hope it is powerful.

Thanks for answering questions newbeing and husky!

SM

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 10, 2012, 01:46:24 AM
Saw this today. http://www.1up.com/previews/authenticity-aliens-colonial-marines-blockbuster
Brings up some good points about Authenticity and play-ability among younger generations that have never seen the Alien films before.

It sure does look authentically like Hadley.

Before it was vapourised...

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 10, 2012, 01:52:55 AM
Has anyone used the flamethrower, yet? I hope it is powerful.

Thanks for answering questions newbeing and husky!
If it's powerful against Aliens, it's not authentic. :laugh:

Quote from: SM on Apr 10, 2012, 01:53:42 AM

It sure does look authentically like Hadley.

Before it was vapourised...
lol

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Well it is true, that explosion was massive and easily took out the AP and colony complex, the only thing that would perhaps be believable would be the derelict as that was quite a distance but even then the shock wave would have perhaps knocked it back or worse.

The game would be better if it only had the sulaco and derelict being investigated as while aliens over-running the sulaco is odd, it lends proof that the alien queen either laid eggs in the drop ship or a few facehuggers hitched a ride on her back and make smore sense than something that was blown up reappearing with just some slight damage. I consider all games to be non-canon because its EU but i would have perhaps viewed A:CM as canon if it was done properly and as realistic as possible because at the end of the day Aliens is sci/fi which means it needs some scientific plausibility and massive nuclear explosions not only destroys things but irradiates them.

My own personal criticism of the game so far is the design of the aliens and their stance. The alien heads are much better that avp 2010's warriors but they still have dog-alien legs and walk on all fours, i understand the need to crawl when in vents on on walls but as human-spawned aliens they should be bipedal. If one were to view pictures of the original alien warrior and drone from the first film you will see it had humanoid legs, only alien 3 and the other films started using those legs which was justified in alien 3 because it was a dog-alien (runner) but the other films were crap which messed things up.

here is the pics again. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLYEqg0YPgj7pxwXcdeG-y_EgBEpanXbSFseFTQDdiyrUv48pk and http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYWlQAWLWUwrtgI3J-sjfz1uvmduPOeaPOvFKM3rEWmFs32-hsVQ and http://www.toyark.com/news/revoltech-toy-news-14/new-photos-alien-warrior-revoltech-3239/ and http://www.monstergalaxy.com/lifesize_alien_figure.php

Notice the human-like legs? these are what human-spawned aliens are supposed to look like.

For a game that is "supposedly" trying to be faithful to aliens and the original, they are doing a poor job so far, whether the gameplay and plot are decent remains to be seen but i ain't holding my breath.

Some of you probably know this by now but in multiplayer, aliens will apparently be played in the third person sadly. while i have no problem with third-person views,  A:CM is a FPS and so changing gameplay POV could be disorienting for some players. here is the video that mentions it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG4opj3dMxc#ws

PVTDukeMorrison

I really want to know how they're going to handle quick time events like the scene in the broken umbilical during co-op.

Nightlord

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Apr 10, 2012, 11:39:47 AM
I really want to know how they're going to handle quick time events like the scene in the broken umbilical during co-op.
Ha I can see it already four marines just hopping all over the place and getting in each others way.

My guess is that only the main player will do it and then the other players will just reappear once it's over.

RagingDragon

This was a great little article, and I hope GBX understands this.  I'm confident they do, with the effort going into the multiplayer.

And seeing the glorious history of the AvP mod community, it would be a damn shame if there was no SDK released.

newbeing

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 10, 2012, 03:15:39 PM
This was a great little article, and I hope GBX understands this.  I'm confident they do, with the effort going into the multiplayer.

And seeing the glorious history of the AvP mod community, it would be a damn shame if there was no SDK released.

Yeah the article points out something that does make me nervous when thinking about how well this game will sell, especially if placed next to games such as CoD, Resident Evil and Halo. It surprises me to see just how many young adults 16-21 have never seen any of these films, but love CoD and many of the action and horror games that take material from this franchise.

RagingDragon

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 10, 2012, 03:53:48 PM
Yeah the article points out something that does make me nervous when thinking about how well this game will sell, especially if placed next to games such as CoD, Resident Evil and Halo. It surprises me to see just how many young adults 16-21 have never seen any of these films, but love CoD and many of the action and horror games that take material from this franchise.
You're niggling at a larger problem plaguing general culture today: people have forgotten the fundamentals of seemingly everything.  I think that's why so many reboots are happening, is that they try and get the magic back from the first one but it just isn't there no matter how awesome(crappy) the CGI ends up being or how fancy the trailer looks. :laugh:

They have all the parts, just no soul to really get the thing going.  Reminds me of learning about our favorite xenomorph through AvP, just a really different experience than the old films. 

Predaker

Quote from: RagingDragon on Apr 10, 2012, 06:18:16 PM
Yeah the article points out something that does make me nervous when thinking about how well this game will sell, especially if placed next to games such as CoD, Resident Evil and Halo. It surprises me to see just how many young adults 16-21 have never seen any of these films, b ;Dut love CoD and many of the action and horror games that take material from this franchise.
You're niggling at a larger problem plaguing general culture today: people have forgotten the fundamentals of seemingly everything.  I think that's why so many reboots are happening, is that they try and get the magic back from the first one but it just isn't there no matter how awesome(crappy) the CGI ends up being or how fancy the trailer looks. :laugh:

They have all the parts, just no soul to really get the thing going.  Reminds me of learning about our favorite xenomorph through AvP, just a really different experience than the old films.
LOL

Luckily, my first experience with ALIEN was long before AvP existed.

The press event has got me excited again. A:CM has much potential.

Xeno Killer 2179

Same here. I was lucky enough to be born into a family that likes it's horror films. I practically grew up watching the original alien films on VHS, and I'm still a teenager.

I hope Gearbox and Sega get the message that this game needs an SDK and custom player matches if they really want to see longevity. It's a piss poor business model to force people to buy content half as good as what the community could make. We saw how well avp did with it's dlc. I bought them both, being a hardcore fan, but 9 out of 10 people never did. Imagine how many more sales of the game itself could have occurred with free, unlimited maps? Win win. I don't understand why Sega sabotaged themselves like that---unless they were financially in trouble and needed to make a quick buck. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a quick fix isn't a fix at all.

/end rant

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed