Started by vikingspawn, Mar 27, 2012, 09:58:52 PM

Author
Prometheus comics? (Read 36,496 times)

SM

SM

We'll find out.

predxeno

predxeno

I take it there's no solid release date?

Rambo

Rambo

No, I don't think a date has been set for the artists, let alone announced for the final release.

predxeno

predxeno

I hope there are more Alien references to this story than there was in the movie; that's why the hardcore AVP fans came to see it.

Hudson

Hudson

The picture of what I'm guessing is an Engineer city is really really predictable looking. The thing about the original ship is that it's so strange and almost disturbing. Could've been a little creative with these spires or whatever's going on.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Sigh. Comics continue to embarrass themselves by going out of their way to remain "comic books." This one will suck hard just like all the rest, until we get some creators who actually have an idea of how to tell a story, or 'artists' that pour their souls into a visual production instead of simply penciling another boring, predictable comic book full of conventions and cliches because they've become 'industry standards' in an industry that's been on life support for over a decade and now exists to simply crank out the next book as fast as possible for as cheap as possible. Yeah, lots of passion there.

Comics make me angry, because they're a cheap version of something that could be incredible and very effective for telling real stories. They're just laughed at, and have become almost a self-mockery as they continue to pander to those who quite appropriately laugh at their juvenile crap. The lost potential is absolutely mind-blowing.

/rant.

Hudson

Hudson

To be fair, there are a lot of bad Alien/Predator comics, but there are a lot of really freaking good ones also through the 90s. I guess I'm just calling the glass half full.

To be fair again, though, none of the newer ones really had my interest.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Will this be a sequel comic like the Predators sequel comic from a few years back?

ikarop

ikarop

The ship has two domes now? It looks really weird on that test artwork.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 25, 2013, 04:30:28 PM
Sigh. Comics continue to embarrass themselves by going out of their way to remain "comic books." This one will suck hard just like all the rest, until we get some creators who actually have an idea of how to tell a story, or 'artists' that pour their souls into a visual production instead of simply penciling another boring, predictable comic book full of conventions and cliches because they've become 'industry standards' in an industry that's been on life support for over a decade and now exists to simply crank out the next book as fast as possible for as cheap as possible. Yeah, lots of passion there.

Comics make me angry, because they're a cheap version of something that could be incredible and very effective for telling real stories. They're just laughed at, and have become almost a self-mockery as they continue to pander to those who quite appropriately laugh at their juvenile crap. The lost potential is absolutely mind-blowing.

/rant.
I can't tell if you're specifically talking about Aliens comics (in which case you're pretty wrong about them being universally terrible or something) or comic books in general (in which case you're REALLY wrong).

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 25, 2013, 04:30:28 PM

/rant.
Look on the bright side: shitty Prometheus comics are better than more shitty Prometheus sequels ;D

Vickers

Vickers

mastermoon knows all.

Quote from: mastermoon on Apr 03, 2012, 03:52:09 PM
It's possible for Dark Horse to make comics based on Prometheus.

That could happen someday.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Check out this interview with Dark Horse Editor in chief about Prometheus comics at the 4:20 min mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdX_R8q0yoI#ws

Origin

Origin

I hope this means we'll see all-new running Aliens/Predator/Prometheus books coming from Dark Horse. The 4-6 issue single-series runs they did a few years ago back were mostly great (Prey to the Heavens was the weakest IMHO), but amounted to basically table scraps trying to feed my immense hunger for more books after YEARS of waiting. Would love to see them go back to the 90's heydays with new issues out every month.

So tired of Buffy & BPRD rehashes...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I just don't have the same vibe from Prometheus as I do the original Alien movies.

I will venture to say though that they will probably go more horror route with their runs than Scott since he seems to want to go all gods and engineers on us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed