Prometheus comics?

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 27, 2012, 09:58:52 PM

Author
Prometheus comics? (Read 36,657 times)

BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Maybe they just mean tighter continuity between the comics and themselves, and the comics and the films?

Now just throw in some tighter continuity with the comics, films, AND any new novels, and we're all set to go.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 28, 2013, 05:01:31 AM
Quote from: vikingspawn on Jun 28, 2013, 02:08:15 AM
There's a new rumor about a new line of Prometheus/Aliens from Dark Horse:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/27/what-we-might-expect-announced-at-san-diego-comic-con/

Dark Horse Comics looks like they'll be launching a brand new line of Aliens titles.. But intriguingly they will be adding the characters from Ridley Scott's Prometheus into the fold. The aim is to do for their Aliens comics what they just did for Star Wars.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 weeks till San Diego Comicon to find out if this is true.

:o
What did they just do for Star Wars?

They've had some success recently with the new StarWars ongoing series this year that focuses on the original trilogy characters (Han, Luke, Leia) and Alex Ross doing painted covers on the issues.  They might be trying do same treatment (bigger name creators) with the Aliens line. 

They seem to have the Terminator comics license too with this new trade collection coming out this year:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/24-424/The-Terminator-The-Burning-Earth-TPB

This collection also features Alex Ross' first comic work.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Oh shit, they're reprinting the old NOW Comics "Terminator" stuff? The Burning Earth is fantastic, one of my favorite Terminator series.

TorsoInvader

predxeno

predxeno

It would be FAR more impressive if they added Prometheus characters to AVP comics.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

I'd like to see a full line of of books as in 4 titles per month like the Star Wars books have.

Instead of a mini series at a time or a bi-monthly run like the 2009 launch that the short Aliens/AVP/Predator lines had.

predxeno

predxeno

Well, I am glad that the Aliens series at least is coming back to life; the A/P/AVP Dark Horse series has been dead for too long.

SM

SM

Didn't they recently release that Sam Keith dreck?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Inhuman Condition, and it's semi-recent. It was first released in Dark Horse Presents like last year, but the collected graphic novel edition came out last month or something.

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah in its Hey Day, there was like at least 1 Alien or Predator novelization coming out every 3-4 months

SM

SM

That's churching it up a bit.  The shortest time between novels coming out was Nightmare Asylum (Apr 93) and Female War (Jul 93).  It was generally a lot longer between books.  The comics were much more regular (or at least regularly late...)

predxeno

predxeno

My memory is very concise back then, it's been waaayyy too long. :'(  Anyhow, I was actually referring to the more recent DH Press novelizations this millennia.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

With their Star Wars comics going away at the end of this year (I think), I wouldn't be surprised if they ramped up with Alien/Predator/AvP stuff to be one of their more "regular" titles.

SM

SM

Quote from: predxeno on Jul 05, 2013, 03:42:26 AM
My memory is very concise back then, it's been waaayyy too long. :'(  Anyhow, I was actually referring to the more recent DH Press novelizations this millennia.

The 'hey day' of books and comics was back when you were in diapers, kiddo.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed