Interesting speculation about Xenomorph origins, based on Prometheus

Started by Ballzanya, Mar 24, 2012, 11:12:42 PM

Author
Interesting speculation about Xenomorph origins, based on Prometheus (Read 4,329 times)

Ballzanya

Random speculation but a couple things stood out for me about the other creatures which are yet to be seen or fully examined yet in any detail whether it be there physiology or their behavior.

1.) That one the creatures seems to gestate rapidly which is also a trait of the Xenomorph embryo. Whatever happens to Shaw, the pregnancy doesn't last for 9 months, that's for damn sure, and more than likely follows a similar gestation time to that of the aliens we all know and love.

2.) Some kind of acid or caustic, acid-like substance burns one of the crews helmet based on what we see in an earlier trailer. Now the connection to that is that we know the aliens have acid for blood of course.

3.) That "squid" thing appears to have tentacles, and I take it, it has to do something with those damn things. So even if it doesn't lay an embryo in someone, perhaps it still latches onto a hosts/prey's face with them.

So what I'm getting at/wondering if that it seems to me that the aliens have a mix of traits from some of these creatures in prometheus. Now unless it turns out that each of these things seperately, all have acid for blood and some variant of the face hugger corresponding to their own species, it would seem that the aliens have an origin related to the union of the dna of these creatures whether on purpose or by accident.

This once again, is wild speculation, but perhaps the human hosts acting as point of intersection between the various creatures and their reproductive cycles, then mixed with a jockey, or even an android, is what ends up producing the aliens.  I mean, it would work this way. The first creature infects the host, getting under the skin etc. and somehow infecting the reproductive cells of the host, replacing the host's cells with those of its own(much like hiv) then from there the infected host mates with another one of its own species naturally and the next stage begins.  Now a unique creature born of the mix of the first parasite's dna and the hosts emerges, capable of implanting its own embryo in any host with dna compatible enough to that of its host. (in this case, human.)
   Lastly, this creature, would ultimately put its embryo into the space jockey. (its dna being compatible enough to humans, based on how that blue-ish guy looks, which is very, very humanoid) The idea of a 7 or 8 ft. alien creature, would be a bi-product of this last mixing. As the engineer/jockey looks to be around that height.  So in this process some features of the first worm-like, possibly acid spitting creature, some of the squid-like creature(eyelessness, having tentacles which correspond to the "fingers" of a facehugger), and the rest being a mix of human and jockey race traits, and bingo, the xenomorph is born.
I think it's interesting but of course, if the planet that this film takes place on, is not LV-426 and I don't think it is mind you, you'd have to believe this accumulation of various creatures traits had to happen elsewhere before. So maybe it is after all, simply that one of the ampules contains the xenomorph dna, just as it holds that of other species. Oh well, it was worth noting and speculating on nonetheless. Hopefully, your time has not been wasted.  :D :D :D

Jango1201

Its a very good possibility that the Jockey's figured out that pulling traits from these different creatures and putting them into one will make something humans will have a harder time killing.

OpenMaw

*cough cough*

This blows a hole in the idea of the alien in anyway being "created" in Prometheus. It already exists in some form.  :)

Don PapI

I have soem doubts, i dont kno what to think, because at some point they say xenos will apear but in a deferent form, some times they say they wont in other that they will only be alien DNA....

whiterabbit

I think it would be neat if each creature was specifically designed to kill off certain species. Face-hugger for air breathers, squid-boy for aquatic beings and earthworm jim for soil based critters.

OpenMaw

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 25, 2012, 07:58:47 AM
I think it would be neat if each creature was specifically designed to kill off certain species. Face-hugger for air breathers, squid-boy for aquatic beings and earthworm jim for soil based critters.

Interesting idea. Plays into the concept of them being "weapons" designed for specific tasks.

Quote from: Don PapI on Mar 25, 2012, 06:14:09 AM
I have soem doubts, i dont kno what to think, because at some point they say xenos will apear but in a deferent form, some times they say they wont in other that they will only be alien DNA....

Don't take the "Alien DNA" thing too literally.

Ulfer

QuoteThis blows a hole in the idea of the alien in anyway being "created" in Prometheus. It already exists in some form. 

The opposite would have ruined the movie for me.
Anyway, I've still not come upon a good explanation of why this idea would be "good" from any point of view (mythology of the films, scenaristically, etc.).

QuoteDon't take the "Alien DNA" thing too literally.

This makes me laugh each time. Scott spoke of Alien (the movie) DNA. Had he known that would launch such speculations, he would have used another expression ;).

Eldritch

Quote from: Ulfer on Mar 25, 2012, 01:19:53 PM
QuoteThis blows a hole in the idea of the alien in anyway being "created" in Prometheus. It already exists in some form. 

Anyway, I've still not come upon a good explanation of why this idea would be "good" from any point of view (mythology of the films, scenaristically, etc.).

This makes me laugh each time. Scott spoke of Alien (the movie) DNA. Had he known that would launch such speculations, he would have used another expression ;).

I've said this for a long time. The "DNA" he is speaking of has nothing to do with actual DNA, it has to do with the way the movie "Alien" was constructed, designs, concepts, acts etc.

HenryEllis

HenryEllis

Quote from: Eldritch on Mar 25, 2012, 07:47:22 PM

I've said this for a long time. The "DNA" he is speaking of has nothing to do with actual DNA, it has to do with the way the movie "Alien" was constructed, designs, concepts, acts etc.

More likely than not, it was a double entendre implying both are true- the literal DNA is in the movie as well as the figurative.  This whole movie, while maybe not leading directly into the first Alien movie (chronologically) is obviously an Alien prequel due to the painstaking measures that have been taken to convince people that it is not in order to sepearate the promotion from the stigma that has been attached to the prequel concept a la George Lucas (they wouldn't be worried about it being perceived as a Lucas style prequel if it wasn't in actuality a prequel). This means that in one way shape or form the genesis of the Alien as we know it is going to be explored in Prometheus.

fiveways

See, I always thought he choose that term very carefully to mean either answer.  And he has repeated that, as did the writer on the Q&A before the second trailer was released.  I think he is doing it to confuse us.

And it is working.  I have no idea what to expect from this movie.  Not a bit.

Zeta Reticuli

i just had an odd thought.

what if the only connection between Prometheus and ALIEN will be a "hint" at the xenomorphs?

now, the following is just my mind going crazy and trying to put together something halfway decent from the rare information we were able to gather:
this temple (and ampule room) would be the Space-Jockey's "lab" for the creation of the Xeno's, and the Prometheus crew starts messing around with the "ingredients" for that creation. the ampules would contain material form different dangerous lifeforms from across the universe, and the "goo" that seems to be living is actually some sort of "support" lifeform that can be programmed, kind of like a virus, to transport genetic information from one lifeform to another, and after infecting its host, starts to mutate, in a programmed way. that would be an effective and perverse way to "fuse" different lifeforms together and figure out what creations are possible.
so this leaves open a lot of possibilities for abominations and people mutating in lots of different ways, since they are just playing around with unfinished and imperfect material.
of course, here and there, if you have seen ALIEN, there will be some stuff that will seem familiar  ;)

and now comes the best part:
we never get to see an actual Xenomorph running around. MAYBE some kind of proto-xeno or some creature that seems loosely related to the creature that we saw in ALIEN. but probably not.
HOWEVER
at some point the Prometheus guys realise what the Jockeys were doing there, that they wanted to develop some kind of lifeform, and that this lifeform maybe even led to the end of the Jockeys.
and in one short scene, some random guys look at this

"hey guys, i wonder WTF this is? maybe this strange creature is what they wanted to create in here? maybe it led to the extinction of this alien race? ah whatever, let's move on"

(if you didn't notice it, the connection between the two movies, regarding the creatures that are involved, would be almost identical. both movies just "hint" at each other, without showing the actual unknown creature in action. wouldn't that be a great way to connect ALIEN and Prometheus?)

Ballzanya

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 25, 2012, 04:33:49 AM
*cough cough*

This blows a hole in the idea of the alien in anyway being "created" in Prometheus. It already exists in some form.  :)

We don't actually know that that's an actual allien. It could simply be part of a giger-esque architechture, a design of the temple.

Cvalda

Quote from: Ballzanya on Mar 25, 2012, 10:42:41 PM
We don't actually know that that's an actual allien. It could simply be part of a giger-esque architechture, a design of the temple.
No matter--it still depicts an actual Alien.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 25, 2012, 10:45:31 PM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Mar 25, 2012, 10:42:41 PM
No matter--it still depicts an actual Alien.

Or some kind of proto-alien. I'm sure it would be a stylized rendering of even that as well, from the vantage point of the jockey race.

bunnyavpg

The only connection that I can see is the quick growing aspect, probably something to do with the jockeys being terraformers and using 'quick start' ingredients (like the squidtopus in Shaw).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed