SPOILER-THEORY: The Wrong Space Trousers

Started by 180924609, Mar 21, 2012, 05:48:03 PM

Author
SPOILER-THEORY: The Wrong Space Trousers (Read 5,851 times)

harlock

The head of that xeno-looking thing does look like an ampule!  :o

I agree there are two different forms of potential alien here - the classic Jockey and this humanoid 'Engineer'. As stated above they could also belong to the same creature, either as a shapeshifter, or the 'suit' and 'actual skin' of the creature...

NGR01

NGR01

The ENGINEER is suit we are refering to is the dead one:

Here are the ENGINEER suits wich are as big as the SPACE JOCKEY (just look at the size of the tunnels in other pictures you'll realize that those suit are f**king huge).

This guy

Is this guy in the second pic (if you take the time to check the console on the first one you should be able to make the scale) 

You just have to look and compare scales, the proofs are there...
Check the console size when DAVID is there and when it's the human sized ENGINEER.
Oh and of course look at the size of the sarcophagus, their content doesnt seem tiny to me...
THE ENGINEERS are as big as the SPACE JOCKEY.

harlock

So we agree we got a suit and an Engineer.

Also it looks like from the trailer that the Giger mural shifts into appearing from the ceiling of the ampule room and it is noticable the head of the humanoid looks like an ampule there...

Face Jockey

Perhaps is the clue for the title of the second film:

Prometheus 2: The Search for the Trousers of the Gods

zuzuki

Quote from: harlock on Mar 22, 2012, 12:02:47 AM
So we agree we got a suit and an Engineer.

Also it looks like from the trailer that the Giger mural shifts into appearing from the ceiling of the ampule room and it is noticable the head of the humanoid looks like an ampule there...

I don't think so. They edited the trailer to seem that way but i think the xeno mural is in another place. The shifting walls are in one of the rooms between the ceiling and the rib type walls. I think it's actually in the giant head room. As for the resemblence with the ampule, i don't think that they intended to do that

Different rib design, different head/helmet design,different handsdesign, different chair design, different walls and platform design. For me it's obvious this another ship.
Now they probably thought , if the ship in ALIEN was there for who knows how many thousands or millions of years than the tehnology in that ship is ancient. If they are playing the SPACE JOCKEY IS A SUIT card, then this ship is of a newer design, the suits are more advanced, new designs, the same with the chair and the way it is being controlled( butons instead of that big joystick).
But still, the size of the damn jockey shouldn't change unless it evolved over time into something smaller. But i don't understand why would they go to all this trouble. They could of just sent someone to Giger, copy the jockey design to the milimeter and then rebuild it. The chair wouldn't be that hard to replicate, and the creature itself, well there's cgi now

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 21, 2012, 09:55:16 PM
Except the Engineer-in-the-suit is far too small to be the Space Jockey from ALIEN.

That comparison of the scale involved makes the jockey in the second pic look a little midgetty. lol
Clearly its a human or human sized entity at least.

Also, who ever established these are in fact suits and not statues instead?

Here is a screen grab of the jockey skull from the imax trailer:

And for the hell of it, let's add an image of the thing that comes out of shaw, showing its tentacle-like appendages:

NGR01

Quote from: Ballzanya on Mar 22, 2012, 06:36:38 AM
Also, who ever established these are in fact suits and not statues instead?

That tunnel is leading to pilot/Orerry room where the ENGINEERS' sleep sarcophagus are.
Also there is 4 suits. Opposite to the one we see there are 2 other suits (you need to brighten up the dark area).
4 suits, 4 sarcophagus.

tonyt2000

QuotePeople need to let this go. A. It's not the same creature. B. Not all creatures from a given species are the same size. C. There are many factors to what's going onto that scene. (We see bits of it moving) so for all we know it gets bigger as the integration finalizes. (He could be "Slouched" into the console).  :)

I agree.  It's not the same SJ, and not the same film.  They weren't necessarily bound by the need to have a live Engineer in "Alien", and could make the SJ any size they wanted.  I'm fine with Scott altering whatever he needed to of the Engineer to be able to fit within the world of "Prometheus", and I'm REALLY digging the way the ship/Engineer/suit/chair looks so far.  :)

Quote from: tonyt2000 on Mar 22, 2012, 04:39:31 PM

QuotePeople need to let this go. A. It's not the same creature. B. Not all creatures from a given species are the same size. C. There are many factors to what's going onto that scene. (We see bits of it moving) so for all we know it gets bigger as the integration finalizes. (He could be "Slouched" into the console).  :)

I agree.  It's not the same SJ, and not the same film.  They weren't necessarily bound by the need to have a live Engineer in "Alien", and could make the SJ any size they wanted.  I'm fine with Scott altering whatever he needed to of the Engineer to be able to fit within the world of "Prometheus", and I'm REALLY digging the way the ship/Engineer/suit/chair looks so far.  :)

Correct! Its not the same big fella from ALIEN!

Thank you for agreeing with my pants theory.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed