LV-426?

Started by arachnophilia, Mar 20, 2012, 12:07:03 AM

Author
LV-426? (Read 34,677 times)

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

i've seen a lot of talk here and elsewhere that seemingly assumes the planet the prometheus goes to is LV-426, which based on the descriptions in the first alien movie, is a moon of an unnamed gas giant orbiting zeta 2 reticuli.

maybe i'm out of the loop, but why do we think it's LV-426? it doesn't look like the moon in alien at all in terms geology or atmospheric conditions. the only commonality i can see is that a u-shaped alien spaceship crashes on both. has ridley scott said it's LV-426 or something?

the star map given in the trailer certainly doesn't look like the neighborhood of zeta reticuli. eta, a little bit, but it doesn't match up.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Is there already a topic for this ?

NGR01

NGR01

It's ok EEV-2501 just smile ^^!
:) :) :) :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: arachnophilia on Mar 20, 2012, 12:07:03 AM
i've seen a lot of talk here and elsewhere that seemingly assumes the planet the prometheus goes to is LV-426, which based on the descriptions in the first alien movie, is a moon of an unnamed gas giant orbiting zeta 2 reticuli.

maybe i'm out of the loop, but why do we think it's LV-426? it doesn't look like the moon in alien at all in terms geology or atmospheric conditions. the only commonality i can see is that a u-shaped alien spaceship crashes on both. has ridley scott said it's LV-426 or something?

the star map given in the trailer certainly doesn't look like the neighborhood of zeta reticuli. eta, a little bit, but it doesn't match up.

It's up in the air, but I still side on the believe that it is NOT going to be LV-426, but a neighboring planet or planetoid.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

I don't know how many times this could have been discussed but where do you think the movie takes place it must be lv-426 right spbecause why would space jockeys crash two ships any one heavy any other theories

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Zeta 2 Reticuli has at least 3 moons around its gas giant, Prometheus could have gone to any of those, not just LV-426.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

It has to be lv- 426 space jockeys would not crash 2 ships

SM

SM

Why not?

Looks like it wasn't their fault this time.

NGR01

NGR01

Why not.
We do.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2012, 12:17:50 AM

Why not?

Because... Uh... Of the interstellar you-cant-crash-two-ships-in-the-same-system charter of 12185.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 20, 2012, 12:07:53 AMIs there really need of a Topic for this ?

yes, i have no idea where people are getting this idea, and i see a lot of people that seem to think it is the same place. i'd like to know why people think that.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 20, 2012, 12:13:04 AMIt's up in the air, but I still side on the believe that it is NOT going to be LV-426, but a neighboring planet or planetoid.

i popped up a constellation map of reticulum to see if zeta happened to fit into the arrangement of stars in the artifacts. it doesn't, but i really thought for a minute that eta might. it doesn't either, but it's a lot closer.

i'm sort of wondering if anyone with some astronomical knowledge recognizes the configuration, or knows of a good way we could look for it. it's possible they just made it up, but considering that LV-426 orbits a known star, i kind of doubt it.

Quote from: Queen7 on Mar 20, 2012, 12:16:49 AM

the one LV-426 crashed because the pilot died, giving birth to a xenomorph. the one in the trailer crashes because the prometheus runs into it.

Quote from: RoaryUK on Mar 20, 2012, 12:15:41 AM
Zeta 2 Reticuli has at least 3 moons around its gas giant, Prometheus could have gone to any of those, not just LV-426.

there's also zeta 1. but the constellation doesn't match up.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Really space jockeys are extremely intelligent they crash because of us but I don't think they would crash another ship when there race is almost all gone its definitely lv-426

SM

SM

QuoteReally space jockeys are extremely intelligent they crash because of us but I don't think they would crash another ship when there race is almost all gone its definitely lv-426

Awful lot of assumptions there...

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 20, 2012, 12:19:04 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2012, 12:17:50 AM

Why not?

Because... Uh... Of the interstellar you-cant-crash-two-ships-in-the-same-system charter of 12185.

Oh THAT!

Righto then.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: Queen7 on Mar 20, 2012, 12:21:14 AMReally space jockeys are extremely intelligent they crash because of us but I don't think they would crash another ship when there race is almost all gone its definitely lv-426

both cases appear to have different causes (neither of which is pilot error). and we don't actually know that their race is almost gone.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Quote from: arachnophilia on Mar 20, 2012, 12:19:48 AM
Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 20, 2012, 12:07:53 AMIs there really need of a Topic for this ?

yes, i have no idea where people are getting this idea, and i see a lot of people that seem to think it is the same place. i'd like to know why people think that.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 20, 2012, 12:13:04 AMIt's up in the air, but I still side on the believe that it is NOT going to be LV-426, but a neighboring planet or planetoid.

i popped up a constellation map of reticulum to see if zeta happened to fit into the arrangement of stars in the

artifacts. it doesn't, but i really thought for a minute that eta might. it doesn't either, but it's a lot closer.

i'm sort of wondering if anyone with some astronomical knowledge recognizes the configuration, or knows of a good way we could look for it. it's possible they just made it up, but considering that LV-426 orbits a known star, i kind of doubt it.

Quote from: Queen7 on Mar 20, 2012, 12:16:49 AM

the one LV-426 crashed because the pilot died, giving birth to a xenomorph. the one in the trailer crashes because the prometheus runs into it.

Quote from: RoaryUK on Mar 20, 2012, 12:15:41 AM

there's also zeta 1. but the constellation doesn't match up.

There's no proof that the ship on lv-426 crashed due to a chest rustler maybe after Prometheus crashed into the ship the captain was knocked out and a facebugger got to him

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed