New EMPIRE Cover

Started by Darkoo, Mar 19, 2012, 05:23:08 PM

Author
New EMPIRE Cover (Read 24,812 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 28, 2012, 02:32:14 PM
Ridley says in the interview that the next piece of marketing will be like the TED Conference, but will be about David - and he will be talking, and at the end he puts his finger on the screen and there is the W for Weyland in his finger print!

Ooh, excellent piece of information! Any idea of when we can expect it?

ikarop

ikarop

Please check your PMs, Michael.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 28, 2012, 03:39:10 PM
Please check your PMs, Michael.

Sending you them in an Email now (they're big files, so hopefully they'll send in one email).

Vickers

Vickers

Damnit, so frustrating!  I hate the pitter patter around the PG-13 vs R.  If it's going to be PG-13, he should just say it outright and not sugarcoat things.  Sorry, vent over.

I'm a little bummed out.  I knew that it was very likely it would end up being PG-13 but I was holding out for an R rating.  The original Alien was R.  He shouldn't be having to tone anything down. :-\

*sigh*

On a lighter note, really looking forward to seeing the new images.

AndroidDavid

AndroidDavid

:O

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I don't think there's anything definitive in terms of the rating Yet.

ikarop

ikarop

Prometheusnews.net is missing quite a few pages. Wait for Michael's HQ ones. Very cool stuff.

I think I spot a Michael Fassbender double in one of the pictures? Aka multiple Davids?

First Blood

First Blood

Sweet. Can't wait. ;D

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

There's a shot of Vickers sitting in what looks like a waiting room or an office that reminds me of Rachel in the Tyrell corporation. It's got this futuristic yet 1920s aesthetic to it.

I'm patiently waiting for AvPs scans...but I'm running out of patience! Hurry! ;) lol

ikarop

ikarop

Just waiting for the last 2 pages.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 28, 2012, 02:07:16 PM
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33510

Quote"[I've wanted to revisit it for] years! Years, years, years," he stresses, of Alien's space traveller subplot. "I always wondered when they did [Aliens] 2,3 and 4 why they hadn't touched upon that, instead of evolving into some other fantastic story. They missed the biggest question of them all: who's the big guy? And where were they going? And with what? Why that cargo? There's all kinds of questions."

Another question for Scott is the film's rating. He hints that the violence may have been toned-down enough to facilitate a PG-13 rating, but intriguingly suggests that the impact will match the R-grade shocks of Alien and Aliens. "The question is, do you go for the PG-13, [which] financially makes quite a difference, or do you go for what it should be, which is R? Essentially, it's kinda R."
Ridley, I love ya, bro, but sometimes you should just cut the shit. ಠ_ಠ

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 28, 2012, 06:35:21 PM
Ridley, I love ya, bro, but sometimes you should just cut the shit. ಠ_ಠ

In one of the other snippets it sounds like they did go for an R rating "the little bastards are going to get in anyway" I think he said. That sounds fairly hopeful.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The ambiguity of the rating is also a part of the marketing at this point. No one knows what it will be, and we'll keep guessing up until the last minute. At this rate, if they go PG-13...they'll risk definite outrage. They're in a tight spot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed