Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 247,073 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Kol on Mar 23, 2012, 01:40:25 AM
one question:

why is shaw's hair black on this pic instead of red?  ???

It's an unexpected benefits of the genetic crossover.  ;D

zvezdan

Hi folks :)

To me this seems as a very strong argument against Prometheus SJ ship being different from Alien SJ ship:

vs

The pilot chair is almost the same. Yet the room is quite different.
So they would make the pilot chair painstakingly the same, while completely ignoring the room!?! Hardly. More logical conclusion: these are different ships.

Cvalda

Just to let everyone know, IMDb has an authentic 720 version of the IMAX trailer up.
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi497590297/

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 23, 2012, 09:55:32 AM
Just to let everyone know, IMDb has an authentic 720 version of the IMAX trailer up.
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi497590297/
It claims so,
but when I take that page apart I can only find a 270p (labeled as 480p) and a 480p (labeled as 720p HD) version, and my eyes seem to confirm that quality wise.  :(

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 22, 2012, 10:47:40 PM
Quote from: LV-723 on Mar 22, 2012, 09:03:37 PM
The derelict from Alien is not the same as the ship from Prometheus. Proof:

Alien

Note that both arms are still intact:

Additionally, the ship appears to have settled to the ground in its current position like it landed there:

Prometheus

Spoiler
Look at this impact point from the trailer. Prometheus crashes into the ship in the main section:

The main section can be seen damaged and burning from the impact, but that does not explain why the right arm suddenly explodes. This damage from these events is not present on the derelict from Alien:

Additionally, this sequence causes major damage to the ship as it rolls onto its side, quite the opposite of a smooth landing:

[close]

They cannot be the same.
And yet, when we see the Derelict crashed on the surface, it is not damaged at all from the impact, and is not on fire anymore. Hardly "proof".

I would say this is when the croisant takes off, not when crashes. There is no debris around...even its extrange that the floor door has closed again...

Cvalda

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 23, 2012, 10:11:57 AM
It claims so,
but when I take that page apart I can only find a 270p (labeled as 480p) and a 480p (labeled as 720p HD) version, and my eyes seem to confirm that quality wise.  :(
It is. It's heavily compressed, but it definitely is higher than 480. I've just taken screenshots from it.

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 23, 2012, 10:19:52 AM
Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 23, 2012, 10:11:57 AM
It claims so,
It is. It's heavily compressed, but it definitely is higher than 480. I've just taken screenshots from it.
The embedded flashplayer resizes the image, when I click fullscreen it gives me an image even bigger than 720p.
And I downloaded the two embedded .mp4's and the larger one is just 480p.
I could be worng here but I found no indication of further files in the scripts.

Cvalda

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 23, 2012, 10:30:31 AM
The embedded flashplayer resizes the image, when I click fullscreen it gives me an image even bigger than 720p.
I could be worng here but I found no indication of further files in the scripts.
Worked for me. I ripped the mp4 file and it's 1280x720.

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 23, 2012, 10:35:19 AM
Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 23, 2012, 10:30:31 AM
Worked for me. I ripped the mp4 file and it's 1280x720.
Wow. Care to share?

Cvalda

Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 23, 2012, 10:57:31 AM
Thanks a lot!
Isn't this frontpage worthy?
Maybe when we get a 1080 version. The compression on this 720 is pretty severe in places. It's a step up from the mobile vid that got leaked, but still not that great.

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 23, 2012, 11:02:06 AM
Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 23, 2012, 10:57:31 AM
Thanks a lot!
Isn't this frontpage worthy?
Maybe when we get a 1080 version. The compression on this 720 is pretty severe in places. It's a step up from the mobile vid that got leaked, but still not that great.
Right.

josh_axey

Holy shit.

Observations:

Several of the dome complexes in one of the shots.

The statue head has it's eyes closed.

Looked like Guy Pierce in the hazmat suit looking at Noomi.

Definately Holloway with the black vein thing wincing in pain (in his suit).

Weird hands up person looks kinda aged or burned? Can't tell who it is.

Hologram thing looks to be a Space Jockey?

Shot of person on flames throwing someone = person. Me think previous footage doctored to be ambiguous?

Guy Pierce is pointing at someone in the hangar mercenary scene.

Hm hm hm hmmmmm.

LarsVader

Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 23, 2012, 11:14:42 AM
Several of the dome complexes in one of the shots.
This ups the scale of the movie a teeny tiny bit.  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed