New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website

Started by Blacklabel, Mar 17, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

Author
New Trailer and http://www.projectprometheus.com/ website (Read 94,561 times)

@Deuterium

I assumed you meant the bit in the 2:31 full trailler where Noomi is kneeling in prayer?

@1:55 the voice (Janek?) shouts
"Cut it off him...cut it off"

Apologies if you are referring to a different section.

Deuterium

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 18, 2012, 11:45:34 PM
@Deuterium

I assumed you meant the bit in the 2:31 full trailler where Noomi is kneeling in prayer?

@1:55 the voice (Janek?) shouts
"Cut it off him...cut it off"

Apologies if you are referring to a different section.

No prob...yes, we are talking about different sections/different trailer.

Which bit were you talking about then?

Deuterium

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 18, 2012, 11:48:59 PM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42492.msg1306781#msg1306781

Prometheus International Trailer -- UK:  at time stamp beginning 2:03

echobbase79

Has anybody thought that Shaw's boyfriend or husband could be the space jockey after getting infected? Isn't he the one that's looking at his eye in the mirror as some sort of change is occurring?

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 18, 2012, 11:53:13 PM
Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 18, 2012, 11:48:59 PM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42492.msg1306781#msg1306781

Prometheus International Trailer -- UK:  at time stamp beginning 2:03

You complete star! I didnt realise you were referring to a totally new trailer - cheers for the link!
;D

OpenMaw

What is this obsession with the Jockey being some kind of an infection thing?

I'd bet good money the tall man IS The Jockey. He goes into the suit and pilots the ship. He, or one of his kind, is seen at the dawn of time.

My bet is the Jockey unleashes the creatures on the crew when he's disturbed, the crew awaken them when tampering with the suit/corpses, or trigger an automated system when entering the ampule room.

I don't think there's any major twist in terms of the Jockey. I know a lot of folks want to believe we're going to see some Lovecraftian Cthulu Old one thing that comes out of the dark, but I honestly believe the large humanoid who is seen  raising the control console, and on board Prometheus in the trailers is The Jockey/Engineer.

As far as Weyland goes, I could see David maybe having such a fascination with what they encounter on behalf of Weyland, and perhaps be compelled to expose some of the crew to it on purpose also by Weyland's command. (Very fitting with what took place with Ash).

I guess my point is don't push so hard for what you expect or want to see. Let the unexpected and the different be okay. A lot of people seem to have already set themselves up to be disappointed, not because what Prometheus is going to do is necessarily bad, but because it's different from what people expected.

ThisBethesdaSea

What's all of this 'I'm betting blue guy isn't the jockey?' business? He starts the ship up and it looks like that's him being armored up while in the chair. NOTHING proves that he isn't the jockey. I would bet good money that he IS the Jockey. End of story. Why so much dialogue otherwise? Where is the evidence pointing to it being something else? ;) :) :) hehe

Lonely Universe

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 19, 2012, 12:23:11 AM
What's all of this 'I'm betting blue guy isn't the jockey?' business? He starts the ship up and it looks like that's him being armored up while in the chair. NOTHING proves that he isn't the jockey. I would bet good money that he IS the Jockey. End of story. Why so much dialogue otherwise? Where is the evidence pointing to it being something else? ;) :) :) hehe
Because of the mythological elements in the story. I'm pretty confident that the blue guy plays the part of 'Prometheus', having stolen fire (their tech) from Zeus (The SJ's) who then send an eagle (the slithering creature) to peck out his (the human's who brought him there) liver.

OpenMaw

Quote from: EarthAngel on Mar 19, 2012, 12:26:14 AM
Because of the mythological elements in the story. I'm pretty confident that the blue guy plays the part of 'Prometheus', having stolen fire (their tech) from Zeus (The SJ's) who then send an eagle (the slithering creature) to peck out his (the human's who brought him there) liver.

...Wait. So you think that the humans have the tall blue bald guy with them from the word go?

...No. That's definiately not what's implied. Especially now that we see Shaw looking at the face in AWE, and that face is most definately related to the tall guy.

ChrisPachi

Because it is dumb. Really dumb. Scott isn't dumb, and he respects his own source material. Evidence? Full sized chair, half sized 'Jockey'. As I said, dumb. ;)

Cvalda

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 12:30:36 AM
Because it is dumb. Really dumb. Scott isn't dumb, and he respects his own source material. Evidence? Full sized chair, half sized 'Jockey'. As I said, dumb. ;)
He respects his own source material so much he changed the Derelict walls to make them look like mass-produced plastic mechanical parts instead of biomechanical flesh-y material? ;) The Jockey is most likely the blue guy. The suits are obviously made for people of his size, and he's there at the "beginning of time" sequence in the trailer.

AnthonyWC70788

And I for one actually think the blue guy that we see will end up actually being Guy Pearce. I am almost 1000% sure he goes on this mission with him. Because even Scott has said so, though it is kind of cryptic, in him and Damon's Q and A. He said he is in the movie and that this movie takes place in the late 2080's to 90's and that he is definitely an older man. I think he is searching for an answer to reverse his aging or something. In turn his carefully placed Synth, David, who the crew doesnt know is a Synth, will help him in fulfilling this task. In the process they have to experiment on something and that in turn is this crew you have that came along.

I for one do not think we will see an "original" Jockey for instance, but that we might be looking at how the jockey race continues on with their own evolutions. Maybe that is exactly how for hundreds of thousands of years they have kept going, by just taking over another species with some of their own DNA.

Just a thought but I think I am right about Pearce. And even though Pearce said he is only in the movie a minute, I think he might have been referring to the fact you only see him in the movie for a minute like we see him in any movie and that is without makeup and the such, we already know that the tall blue guy/ jockey is being played by the tall stunt guy, probably has little if any dialogue so Pearce essentially wont be in the movie at that point and only as the crew knowing he has become something.... Anthony

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 12:34:05 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 12:30:36 AM
He respects his own source material so much he changed the Derelict walls to make them look like mass-produced plastic mechanical parts instead of biomechanical flesh-y material? ;) The Jockey is most likely the blue guy. The suits are obviously made for people of his size, and he's there at the "beginning of time" sequence in the trailer.

Not comparable IMO. The new look of the Derelict and the human tech is a design choice, the new 'Jockey' is a contradiction of what the original implied - to me that being a giant alien, suit or no.

echobbase79

I'm just thinking of other possible ideas. We don't know anything until the movie comes out. Yeah, I'm sure the big tall guy is the Jockey, but hell why not let our imaginations have some fun.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed