*FAKE* Rejected Prometheus movie score

Started by beej199, Mar 03, 2012, 01:30:41 PM

Author
*FAKE* Rejected Prometheus movie score (Read 8,384 times)

fiveways

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 03, 2012, 03:03:17 PM
Ikarop and I have been doing some searching and we canne find the composer online anywhere. Our thoughts are a pitch from an unknown composer or a fake. I've brought a copy, just to have a listen but it's all pretty unsure at the moment.

I was about to post this.  I would have to hear it obviously but even the audio quality and the arrangements generally will give away if it is fake or not.

But a big budget film like Prometheus is not a place to start off your scoring career.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Where is the description of 20th soundtrack?  ;)

EDIT: Oh! It repeats the 3rd theme...
PS. I don't know, it looks like fake with all those references to Alien Harvest screenplay.

beej199

Ok, so here are 30 second clips of Tracks 1 and 4. If someone can identify these as fake that would help.

Personally I would hold of ordering this CD if you had any plans!

There is obviously a possibility that this is a fake CD cashing in on the Prometheus marketing!  :-\

Looked up Nikola Kostelac and it turns out he is a Croatian animation director who died in 1999! So - I might rename this thread!!!

ikarop

ikarop

beej199

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 03, 2012, 03:17:35 PM
It's fake (fan-made). I just tracked it down to this Youtube user: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nikolalana

Christ!, well done on finding that!  I shall be sending a note to elite soundtracks.

RICH-ENGLAND

hmm, ive never heard of a rejected soundtrack and composer before, is this something that happens often?. i just thought a director would choose a composer and he would score the movie and the director would ask him to rewrite anything that wasn't liked along the way, not let him write a full score then suddenly turn round and say no were getting someone else as not only would it be expensive but it would be very time consuming.

last but not least, surely any composer would have to sign an nda and wouldn't be allowed to release anything before a movie comes out if at all, even if it was rejected.

thanks

rich

beej199

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Mar 03, 2012, 03:21:21 PM
hmm, ive never heard of a rejected soundtrack and composer before, is this something that happens often?. i just thought a director would choose a composer and he would score the movie and the director would ask him to rewrite anything that wasn't liked along the way, not let him write a full score then suddenly turn round and say no were getting someone else as not only would it be expensive but it would be very time consuming.

last but not least, surely any composer would have to sign an nda and wouldn't be allowed to release anything before a movie comes out if at all, even if it was rejected.

thanks

rich

There have been rejected scores for films before and on Ridley Scotts films....Legend is a good example - Jerry Goldsmith and Tangerine Dream....

http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/legend.html

And NDA's and internet leaks go hand in hand these days ;-)

Shodan09

Not a fan of people using the interests of others to peddle their shoddy merchandise. Here's hoping the op can get his money back!

fiveways

Quote from: beej199 on Mar 03, 2012, 03:19:10 PM
It's fake (fan-made). I just tracked it down to this Youtube user: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nikolalana

Christ!, well done on finding that!  I shall be sending a note to elite soundtracks.

I don't think they will care.  They seem kinda sketchy and fly by nightish.  Even the website has that "cheap fakes and bootlegs" look to it.

beej199

Thanks all for spotting the fake so quickly, Ive dropped Elite Soundtracks a note and we shall see what happens.

Buyer beware and all that.....hopefully now nobody else will make the same error ::)

Bad Replicant

Alien Ants?

Hey, at least it'll make a nice coaster.

beej199

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 03, 2012, 03:33:04 PM
Quote from: beej199 on Mar 03, 2012, 03:19:10 PM

I don't think they will care.  They seem kinda sketchy and fly by nightish.  Even the website has that "cheap fakes and bootlegs" look to it.

Ive bought from them before and they do stock legitimate stuff e.g. LaLaLand, Intrada releases, but I guess thats mixed in with a few "bootleg" (and fake!) CD's. I suspect they got caught out on this one too.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: beej199 on Mar 03, 2012, 03:33:53 PM
Thanks all for spotting the fake so quickly, Ive dropped Elite Soundtracks a note and we shall see what happens.

Buyer beware and all that.....hopefully now nobody else will make the same error ::)

I sent them e-mail too. Just got my refund.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Well, I think that's the oddest Prometheus fake plot rumours presentation I've seen

echobbase79

Even though its fake, on its own its not that bad a score from the tracks show on here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed