Shooting Locations of Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 21, 2012, 09:03:56 PM

Author
Shooting Locations of Prometheus (Read 11,559 times)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Highland on Feb 22, 2012, 07:11:03 AMSo the use of Petra I can only assume it's either for the stunning canyons as a visual or its to represent some sort of city in the past.

It seems odd to seek out a place like Petra only to ignore the giant carved-rock palace and shoot canyons though? You can probably answer that having been there. It may be that they are using it as a real location, somewhere that Shaw and/or the other archaeologists are working before getting 'the call'.

I would suggest that it is where they find the 'clue' that sets off the mission, but Petra is not really that old so I am not sure how that fits with the other clues concerning 'the origins of mankind' and the like.

-Chris

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

There is a connection here;

The three main cultures that deal with Giants - Biblical, Celtic and Norse. Prometheus exterior locations that are pretty much the same as they would be thousands of years ago - Jordan, the Scottish Highlands and Iceland. I'm beginning to wonder whether our giants of old were not the likes of big blue guy? Perhaps they were prisoners of war exiled (without weapons and technology) on Earth by their enemies (the saucer guys)? Or maybe their saucer crashed under the sea and they were unable to get to it to repair it? Discovering an interstellar craft, with navigational records, could explain how we are able to travel across the stars.

Perhaps we are going to see this backstory in Prometheus, a war-like race of giants dumped off on a backward planet with just puny humans to play with?

Highland

Highland

You couldn't use Petra for anything other than a representation here on Earth. The buildings are not Alien enough. There's nothing Alien about Petra.

I mean it's a stunning place, but clearly man made. There's nothing left to discover there either, so all of a sudden finding a hidden source - ala - Transformers revenge of the Fallen - just seems a bit odd and out of place (and done....)

I mean there are some temples that are just hole's in the walls but nothing that you would look at and say - We need to fly to Petra for this sample. Not that I can remember.

Dirty Harry

I think that people who still hope this movie will be very much like A L I E N will be very disappointed.

bioweapon

bioweapon

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 22, 2012, 04:05:23 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2012, 09:03:56 PM
The business section also mentions the usage of animals and horses. Might not be anything but it is curious.

That's just like Ridley.  First he has to one-up Cameron and do Prometheus in 3D so it's better than Avatar and now he has to use horses instead of oxen to be better than Fincher in Alien3.

I wonder what he's going to do to one up Jeunet in Alien: Resurrection.  Oh wait, I know, we are going to find out that the human race itself is already a "miniature" clone of the space jockey race!

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: Dirty Harry on Feb 22, 2012, 06:36:03 PM
I think that people who still hope this movie will be very much like A L I E N will be very disappointed.

and isnt it great........:)
seriously the more i learn how this movie is distancing itself from alien the more excited im getting , i think that prometheus will place the alien series as the ''spin off'' :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed