Assassin's Creed III

Started by Gosutoraida, Feb 16, 2012, 02:40:55 PM

Author
Assassin's Creed III (Read 42,995 times)

Keg

Keg

Are Brotherhood and Revelations basically just extensions to Assassin's Creed II?

Im ploughing through the first game quickly enough and im still climbing every view point and doing all the investigations. There's some nice little nuggets of info to be found from doing them. You could fly through this game actually if you only did the minimum requirement of investigations and didnt bother with rescuing civilians but for the sake of unlocking as many memories as I can (bar the flags and templars) I dont mind doing them.

Remonster

Remonster

They are, but they add a lot to it. Especially Brotherhood. I was surprised with how much Brotherhood added to the franchise. And it has some very good story elements that cannot be missed. Revelations adds even more, but its running on such old framework that you can tell its time they changed things up. It has some pretty frustrating missions, but at I think the story so far more than makes up for it.

I guess it really comes down to how much you like the character of Ezio. He's one of my favorite characters of this generation,  so I felt compelled to stick by him and see his story end.

Keg

Keg

Well hopefully Ezio is a better character than Altair. He's just not developed enough at all to even care about him. Its the story with its unravelling conspiracies, the history and the setting thats appealing in the first game, not the characters.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Trust me, Ezio is quite a bit more interesting than Altair.

I'm currently in the progress of playing Revelations but I skipped Brotherhood altogether.  :-X

Remonster

Remonster

Ezio is by far one of the best characters of this generation. At least to me. I think the second game will do a much better job of investing you in the characters. And Brotherhood introduces some nice characters too.

One thing Revelations has going for it is a hilarious mission involving Ezio and a lute. classic.

Keg

Keg

Just killed William. Really enjoyed this one because it went off without a hitch. Climbed the outer walls of the castle, took out the archers around the perimeter silently, snuck into the small courtyard where he is berating his men and waited for everyone to leave and then dropped down from the roof and wham.

Kinda annoying how throwing knives dont work on assassinations. They work on regular enemies but they cause the alarm to be raised and the target to either run or attack you. Found that out with the big fat man at the party. Climbed up to a roof and had a vantage point behind him, tried to use my throwing knives and the bastard ran away screaming so I had to chase the fat f**k down.

Remonster

Remonster

Im starting to think I should play through AC1 again.. Its been so long. I remember that mission perfectly though.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I gotta love Sibrand.  Crazy horned bastard wouldn't stop yelling at his own soldiers.

QUAGMIRE83

QUAGMIRE83

the AC franchise just keeps getting better with each game my current favourite is revelations but i know that ac3 will beat it. revelations has a really nice and touching ending

Gate

Gate

Still, Embers was so depressing.

QUAGMIRE83

QUAGMIRE83

Quote from: Gate on Apr 13, 2012, 08:04:00 PM
Still, Embers was so depressing.
agreed

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

I honestly prefered Brotherhood over Revelations, it just had something. Something I can't put my finger on, maybe it was the setting of Rome or the graphics.

QUAGMIRE83

QUAGMIRE83

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Apr 13, 2012, 11:00:43 PM
I honestly prefered Brotherhood over Revelations, it just had something. Something I can't put my finger on, maybe it was the setting of Rome or the graphics.
or maybe that you could use a horse within the city. I wonder why they took that ability out of revelations?

m41guy

m41guy

Quote from: Keg on Apr 13, 2012, 02:36:38 PM
Im not fussed about achievements / trophies. It's just when I looked at all the memories it looks theres a memory after the final one and I was wondering if that was an extra memory unlocked if you find everything in the game. If there's nothing like, i'll just stick to the main game.

I'm not sure, but I think that memory comes from the interacting with what's her name outside the animus AND talking to the contracts during each "death" cutscene.  You're supposed to hit a button each time the screen has static on it and if you hit enough of them (85% of the ones in the game), it unlocks a memory.  An achievement for sure but I think a bit of memory as well.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Quote from: QUAGMIRE83 on Apr 14, 2012, 01:14:36 AM
Quote from: JokerJohn35 link=topispoiler][/spoiler]c=42174.msg1332833#msg1332833 date=1334358043]
or maybe that you could use a horse within the city. I wonder why they took that ability out of revelations?
They did?

I never noticed that, besides...

Spoiler
...more fun without the horse
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed