NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 388,213 times)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

You'd think that it'd be easier to get likenesses for some of the smaller characters who aren't recognized as much where as the bigger named ones (like Hicks) would be tougher since they carry more weight in popularity and would probably ask for more money or be too restrictive.

I really do hope they can get their hands on the likeness rights to do as many of the Marines as possible!

Hudson

Hudson

The fact that NECA has released an entire line of characters who make a 30 second appearance in their film (the Predator 2 figures) would lead me to believe they'd go to similar lengths to release actual characters from Aliens and not some "generic" figure, which I'm surprised that everyone seems so eager to get. You all have that much faith in your abilities to customize things, or you really just want an anonymous Colonial Marine that badly?  ???

I mean...to each his own, but that baffles me.

If it's not Apone, then it would either be Frost, Dietrich, or Wierzbowski...or even Drake. Vazquez never uses a flamethrower...or am I having a brain fart?

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: Hudson on May 19, 2013, 06:58:06 AM
The fact that NECA has released an entire line of characters who make a 30 second appearance in their film (the Predator 2 figures) would lead me to believe they'd go to similar lengths to release actual characters from Aliens and not some "generic" figure, which I'm surprised that everyone seems so eager to get. You all have that much faith in your abilities to customize things, or you really just want an anonymous Colonial Marine that badly?  ???

I mean...to each his own, but that baffles me.

If it's not Apone, then it would either be Frost, Dietrich, or Wierzbowski...or even Drake. Vazquez never uses a flamethrower...or am I having a brain fart?

Personally, I'd much rather get the actual characters than some generic marines.  Sure, I'd buy generic marines if they were made, but I'd much rather get the actual characters first.

Vasquez, to my knowledge never had a flamethrower, just her smart gun, Pulse rifle and S&W sidearm.

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

Well if the unannounced figure has a flamethrower and it's not Apone then it's got to come down to either Frost or Drake because I'm inclined to think they're more likely to release a popular character and see how well they sell before they make someone more obscure like Dietrich or Wierzbowski.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: ChanceVance on May 19, 2013, 11:41:40 AM
Well if the unannounced figure has a flamethrower and it's not Apone then it's got to come down to either Frost or Drake because I'm inclined to think they're more likely to release a popular character and see how well they sell before they make someone more obscure like Dietrich or Wierzbowski.

I'd rather have Drake rather than Apone, Frost or Dietrich. With Drake there's always a chance to get a smart gun

Hudson

Hudson

I'd hope that if Drake was released it would take more than a chance for him to have a smartgun.  :o

crazypredator2

crazypredator2

I hope it's drake.

ScarPredator14

ScarPredator14

Quote from: ChanceVance on May 19, 2013, 11:41:40 AM

Series 1 will def be well sold. ;)

Hudson

Hudson

Honestly, if it was Wierzbowski I'd be way more inclined to shell out money. I've met Ross, I've met Rolston, I've met Scott. If it isn't going to be Matthews, which is frankly plain stupid, then I'll spend my money on Steedman.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

This was posted on NECA's facebook
I don't know how they work with giving clues, but I'm betting its Apone

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 21, 2013, 11:01:21 PM
This was posted on NECA's facebook
I don't know how they work with giving clues, but I'm betting its Apone

it's not him, you can read more about it here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42121.msg1690522#msg1690522

8)

ScarPredator14

ScarPredator14

Isnt that him on the computer screen??  ???

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: ScarPredator14 on May 22, 2013, 12:46:50 AM
Isnt that him on the computer screen??  ???

Yep.

Neca was trying make a Apone figure, but they dont have the rights for his specific likeness, so i think they will change the face and release a generic marine instead.

They said this a month ago:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42121.msg1671405#msg1671405

8)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

A lot can change in a month, and as far as the tweet goes it could be purposeful false information. They could be keeping it a "Secret" until SDCC or something else.
I'm probably wrong though, but I'm still saying its Apone given the image, the regular armor on the prototype and the flame thrower. If it turns out to be a generic black marine I'll take that as a win and a close second to an actual Apone, especially if said head sculpt has a cigar in his mouth like the old garage kit 1:6 Apone.

Tribal

Tribal

From twitter:

Q: in '06, Al Matthews said about HT's Apone: "I am happy about having an action figure, if it looks like me, and I get paid!"

A: there lies the problem. Not a big enough name or character to pay for on top of license fees. Doesn't work

Q: How much would it cost for Al's likeness? Could us fans do a kickstarter campaign like for BDE's doc or the V. Mars movie?

A: no idea and not something we would endorse doing

I really dont care for his face, i just want more marines than hicks and hudson  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed