NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 388,893 times)

SiL

SiL

Scott talked the studio into getting Giger on board. They weren't keen on the idea originally.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

True, but unlike today, a lot of directors faught studios back in that day and won their creative vision.
It was a different time . I remember when Dino De Laurentiis absolutely insisted director John Milius use contemporary music in "Conan the Barbarian"! 😁

SiL

SiL

You're still assuming every director would even want to use Giger.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Dec 07, 2018, 03:18:32 AM
You're still assuming every director would even want to use Giger.
And your assuming another wouldn't. Giger wasn't Ridley's idea remember.

We can go round and round. But unless we can visit another timeline, neither of us will ever know for certain.  ;)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 07, 2018, 03:24:39 AM
And your assuming another wouldn't.
We know some other directors they considered for the role weren't interested in using his work :-\

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 04, 2018, 11:08:03 PM
Predalien before Drake.

Predalien . . . before . . . Drake.

Y'all are getting a Predalien before any Marines. Just read that on Twitter.

I'm not crying. Just an eyelash got stuck.
I'm okay with this. I'm more interested in a properly articulated, poseable Predalien than Drake.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Dec 07, 2018, 04:30:44 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 07, 2018, 03:24:39 AM
And your assuming another wouldn't.
We know some other directors they considered for the role weren't interested in using his work :-\

Which would have been such a shame, but fascinating to imagine what someone else might have come up with.  Or maybe the Giger designs stay and eventually Walter Hill directs it, or it never gets to Brandywine and is made at Roger Corman's production house. Or maybe Dan O'Bannon gets his way and directs it. It's a fun what-if scenario.

But regardless, I am so happy it ended up the way it did, a magnificent Ridley Scott directed film!

Vermillion

Vermillion

Neca Sir Ridley in Nostromo Uniform.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Y'know, I'm not the biggest fan of A:R, but I'm seeing a lot of goofy photo-comics in that swimming Alien figure.

All I need is a fish tank and doll-size scuba gear I can stuff Hudson into. If that's a good idea.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Nov 12, 2018, 01:51:55 PM
Found this on another forum this weekend. Absolutely insane and I'm incredibly jealous, if NECA were to release something like this I'm not gonna lie I'd probably buy it if it was under $300

https://i.imgur.com/jG8KN7g.jpg

There's no way in hell it would be that cheap. $800-1000 probably.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Yep, and that's why we'll never see a Neca APC...  :'(

Vermillion

Vermillion

But still freaking awesome

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Dec 28, 2018, 08:15:01 PM
Yep, and that's why we'll never see a Neca APC...  :'(

I've been asking the guy who made it if he would be willing to make one under contract.

dHunter333

dHunter333

If he is, tell us the price, I'd maybe be interested as well...
Curious for sure.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Ever since I got the Extreme Sets Dioramas, I've been wondering how much would it cost to make a good looking APC from cardboard, at least the outside armor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed