Prometheus Update Round-Up

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2012, 04:32:13 PM

Author
Prometheus Update Round-Up (Read 14,454 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 13, 2012, 09:00:12 PM
Fact: David Lynch doesn't like Alien because he felt the chest-burster design ripped off his Eraserhead baby.

Fact: David Cronenberg doesn't like Alien because he felt the parasite in your body, moving under your skin ripped off his film Shiver. 
FACT   
Yeah, Giger said that's why Lynch rejected all his DUNE concept art and refused to let him work on the project once Lynch took control. Which is pretty stupid, because the Eraserhead baby and the chestburster look next to nothing alike. I love Lynch, but he was a real prima donna in that instance.

As for Cronenberg: puh-leez. One of the most overrated filmmakers working today--he'd be lucky to even approach a film as great as ALIEN.

ikarop

ikarop

Just saw this and it made me laugh:
QuoteJust saw Ridley Scott walking out of MPC in Soho. I desperately wanted to ask what Prometheus was about!!
https://twitter.com/#!/azhursaleem/status/169182847989592066

Anyway that CGI must be marvellous.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 13, 2012, 09:07:32 PM
Fact: David Lynch doesn't like Alien because he felt the chest-burster design ripped off his Eraserhead baby.

Fact: David Cronenberg doesn't like Alien because he felt the parasite in your body, moving under your skin ripped off his film Shiver. 
FACT   
Yeah, Giger said that's why Lynch rejected all his DUNE concept art and refused to let him work on the project once Lynch took control. Which is pretty stupid, because the Eraserhead baby and the chestburster look next to nothing alike. I love Lynch, but he was a real prima donna in that instance.

As for Cronenberg: puh-leez. One of the most overrated filmmakers working today--he'd be lucky to even approach a film as great as ALIEN.

Cronenberg is amazing man.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Glaive on Feb 13, 2012, 05:02:19 PM
Quote from: Infected on Feb 13, 2012, 11:41:51 AM
What if in the last 8 minutes we can see a digital created Ripley like Gollem but when she was young like in Alien.
and she will be woken from cryo before the rest of the crew from the Nostromo and the giant comes in and explains her of whats going to happen and he replaces her with an android Ripley and the android plays the part in the rest of the alien movies and the real Ripley is taken to a better place with the jockeys.
And there she will face new adventures in the alien franchise world on another planet,
and even there can be a spin off were she observes the things that happen on the Predators planet and she will then save Adrian brody and the girl from the planet so there is enough material for a sequel.

'Alien' as directed by David Lynch?
Sorry, got a serious 'Twin Peaks'-vibe from that...

...wait...'Alien' directed by David Lynch...
I'd be SO over THAT!

FACT   
Its ok they had there best time.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

I don't know about the Linch example, but this one is kinda weird... A lot of actual parasites actually do that and saying it is a movie rip-off...

T Dog

T Dog

Yeah I felt it was a bit of a stretch when I read about it. Seemed like some sour grapes, although he did say that Ronald Shusett had seen Shivers, loved it and was definitely inspired by it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed