Old farts vs the Young Crowd: Age Gaps

Started by A.Nightmare, Aug 18, 2007, 04:46:20 PM

Author
Old farts vs the Young Crowd: Age Gaps (Read 9,651 times)

Six-String-Samurai

i saw aliens when i was 5
and 6 when i saw predator and predator 2
and i am almost 15
so what category do i belong to  :)

SM

SM

*Lokks at sig picture*

I wonder...

SiL

SiL

Saw all the Alien movies when I was 9. Where do I belong? :P

Gazz

I saw Aliens when I was 6 (6 years after release) and loved it to bits. My parents have never been strict about the films I watched as a child.  Rather than waiting on the next Disney/ Family Film I was waiting for The Thing, Terminator or Zombie Flesh Eaters to come around on Television. For my seventh birthday I got the first two Alien films on Video (the Predator Box set some years after) I even bought the Alien Legacy Video/ DVD box set upon its very first year of release (Before it was re-released with Alien Resurrection). Recently I finally got to see all four films back to back on the big screen thanks to a special all nighter screening at London IMAX in their original print.

Now being only 20 i guess that would make me part of the "young crowd". But I don't care much for being thrown into groups regarding certain fan favorite films and what not. Regardless of whether it's an immature love for the likes of AvP or a long love from viewing Alien upon its initial release, most people here are united with a love of all things Alien/Predator. And we can debate till our faces are blue about whether what films work and what don't but I don't think age takes a major role in creating that opinion.

Meathead320

Hmm.... ???

I'm 26, I have seen A3 (my parents let me see it, I was in 6th grade at the time  ;D) and AR in the theatre as well.

Seems like it was yesterday back in 1997.

I could not see AVP 2004 in the theatre, because I was in Iraq at the time.

Ohh well, hopefully I will be here when AvP2 comes out.

War Wager

Saw all the movies when I was 14.  :D

Dachande

Saw first 2 alien films when i was 3, saw alien 3 when it was shown on tele so, when i was like 4-5, AR was when i was 8-9. AvP at 14, on pirate DVD, glad i did, otherwise i would of wasted more money on the piece of crap,so i threw away the dvd and the leaflet bit, znd now have a spare cd/dvd case ^__^

gameoverman

I saw Aliens and Predator on TV and that made me a fan.  But now I like Alien, Alien 3 and Predator the best.  But I still admire each film in it's own right, even AVP.  Really, it depends what mood I'm in at the time as to which movie of the saga I like more.

Meathead320

Quote from: SiL on Aug 18, 2007, 09:43:46 PM

Still young.

if you saw AR in theatres you would be about 19 or so now.

MAN!!! I am OLD.

maledoro

Quote from: Ash on Aug 18, 2007, 04:46:20 PM
With the age groups, there is new ideas and then there are those who are traditional and dont want to f**k up a good thing. Which one are you?
I'm 42 and I don't want to f**k up a good thing. No:

-mixing the aliens with creatures from another franchise.
-exposing every little mystery that makes these films cool.
-bringing in other intelligent species and making this as blah as Battlestar Babylon Trek Wars.
-no menagerie of alien/animal hybrids running (or flying) around. The alien in the third movie was fine, but let's not get out of hand.
-no new mutations of aliens (e.g. the Newborn).
-focusing the series on anything other than suspense and horror.

Master Chief

I was there when Predator was shown in the theaters.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Aug 18, 2007, 04:59:57 PM
I consider the young crowd to be people who became "fans" post AvP.

I'm in the middle. Wasn't around when the originals came out but it doesn't mean I don't value them.

I'm 15, but saw all the old films when I was 4. WAY before AvP.

Master Chief

^ so when you were 4, what were your thoughts of the films? Did you like how the stories were told?  8)

WisePredator

I can't remember how old I was when I saw Predator(My first sci-fi film I watched, then it was Predator 2), but I can tell you that I was under 14(My current age) and I did say in another topic that those were the first films I watched before AVP.

Bishop2

Quote from: Meathead320 on Aug 19, 2007, 07:53:27 PM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 18, 2007, 09:43:46 PM

Still young.

if you saw AR in theatres you would be about 19 or so now.

MAN!!! I am OLD.

I'm about to be 28.

I got into the films around '92-93, although I had stumbled across Aliens circa '90 on tv and was amazed by it (although I didn't know what it was)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed