Prometheus: The Art of the Film...

Started by Glaive, Feb 01, 2012, 04:24:25 PM

Author
Prometheus: The Art of the Film... (Read 22,273 times)

Glaive

Glaive

Prometheus: The Art of the Film now for pre-order
Comic store Forbidden Planet is now taking pre-orders on a Prometheus related book.
The hardback book, titled 'Prometheus: Art of the Film', will be released on June 10th 2012 and features production design art and behind the scenes photos from the film.

The pre-order price at Forbidden Planet is currently £19.99 ($31), with an RRP £24.99 ($40).

Amazon hasn't listed it on their site yet, but an Excel sheet showing their book releases for 2012 reveals their release date as June 5th 2012, and will come in hardback ($34.95) and limited edition ($75) flavours.

The description of the limited edition book says: "Hardback in slipcase", while the regular hardback will be "Hardback with Dustjacket".

The book's synopsis states:

"The most eagerly awaited film of 2012 - Ridley Scott returns to sci-fi for the first time since Blade Runner!

Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott (Alien, Blade Runner) returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. Produced with the full co-operation of the filmmakers, this lavish book, showcasing stunning production design art and behind the scenes photos, will be the only tie-in publishing to this eagerly awaited film."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-72Y9cl1eiek/TylJwU54hYI/AAAAAAAAAZk/_bHA15cZgZU/s1600/prometheus_the_art_of_the_film.jpg

Interestingly the list of books from Amazon also details a re-release of the popular Heavy Metal comic 'Alien - The Illustrated Story'. The release date for this is not coincidentally May 29th 2012, and will also be released in a limited edition version.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-buWLq3t545c/TylPGx-pYkI/AAAAAAAAAZs/ny-HVcIHk7c/s1600/alien_illustrated_story.jpg

(Source: Forbidden Planet, Amazon, thanks to ZsoltiDarkoo for the tip)

ThisBethesdaSea

Absolutely bad acid!

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

This is great news.  Thanks for the information, Glaive.  It'll be wonderful to watch the film at the cinema and then read the book, whilst waiting for the blu-ray release. :)

ikarop

ikarop

You can find the cover (it says the art is not final) in HQ below.

LarsVader

This being the only tie-in would mean no novelisation, no comic books?

MrSpaceJockey

Good thing that cover isn't final.  I want something different.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Dear god, $75 for a measly extra slipcover? Am I really crazy enough to buy that?

Probably.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I wish there was a novelisation, and well a Giger's Prometheus book although it seems that there might not be as much actual Giger in the movie as we might hope for

Shasvre

Nice, this is a must get. :)

LarsVader

Maybe Giger will go and release some portfolio or such thing on his own, like in the past?

And I too wonder if a slipcover justifies a $40 price difference, or is there more to it?
Cause if there is no difference in content there is no way I'll pay 40 more for just a cardboardbox.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Feb 01, 2012, 09:15:03 PM
I wish there was a novelisation, and well a Giger's Prometheus book although it seems that there might not be as much actual Giger in the movie as we might hope for

I don't recall anyone saying that WON'T happen...Maybe we'll get a comic book 'Metal Hurlante-style', a 'Giger's: Prometheus', 'The Prometheus Photonovel', and 'Blood and Acid: The Making of Ridley Scott's Prometheus'...

...one can but hope!

LarsVader

..and don't forget the green gooey ampule-bubble-bath!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: LarsVader on Feb 01, 2012, 11:30:24 PM
..and don't forget the green gooey ampule-bubble-bath!
This might tide you over in the meantime  :P

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Glaive on Feb 01, 2012, 11:09:30 PM
I don't recall anyone saying that WON'T happen...
From your own post,

Quotethis lavish book, showcasing stunning production design art and behind the scenes photos, will be the only tie-in publishing to this eagerly awaited film."

Mr. Clemens

Exciting to get this book, but I was also really hoping we'd see Alan Dean Foster come back for a novelization. I guess in the era of the home theatre, novelizations are a thing of the past. :(

Still, I'll be buying this!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed