NEW TRAILER!!! (link inside)

Started by Prime113, Jan 27, 2012, 05:02:55 PM

Author
NEW TRAILER!!! (link inside) (Read 35,475 times)

Prime113

Prime113

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/01/27/aliens-colonial-marines-contact-teaser

Staff edit - ikarop: We can reveal that the trailer was crafted by Axis Animation in a team effort with Gearbox and Sega. You may remember them from this highly acclaimed cinematic trailer for Dead Island. The studio has exclusively commented on this first part of the trailer for us. Read it all below:

"We were incredibly excited when approached by advertising agency Uber and their client Sega about Aliens: Colonial Marines. There is hardly a person in Axis who isn't an Alien fan, from the finance department to the animation team everyone loves the franchise.

The idea for the trailer is challenging creatively and from a technical point of view but this is something that director Stu Aitken is well known being able to make happen. Finding the right balance between tension and action is the key to this piece and so far Stu has struck it just right.

The Axis team have been given a lot of guidance by both Gearbox and Sega to ensure everything is spot on for the Alien franchise, attention to every detail is very important in every project we do but especially here.

We really can't wait to push forward with the continued work we are doing on the project, we look forward to more great reactions to what is coming next!"

ikarop

ikarop

Looks awesome!

Edit: HD Download (231 MB): Link.

Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qntKBxAv8qg#ws

HD Screencaps:

Spoiler

[close]

Prime113

Prime113

I thought it looked pretty damn good too....which actually kinda sucks because now I'm excited for it again, but won't be able to play it until October.  :-\

RabidNinja

RabidNinja

you sir, are a legend :)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Too short. No gameplay so nothing new really. Yeh its nice trailer but its nothing more really.

Master

Master

This.... was cut scene. No gameplay, nothing absolutely nothing new! Disappoint.

newbeing

newbeing

Wow using the soundtrack to Moon was an interesting choice. Like it a lot.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Master on Jan 27, 2012, 05:10:03 PM
This.... was cut scene. No gameplay, nothing absolutely nothing new! Disappoint.

Probably cus the game isn't ready yet....Remember the 5 month delay yesterday?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

You beat Ikarop with the hot fingers?  Holy cow, you must've been dropping bombs on that refresh button, friend!

Nice find, thanks.

A nice video, but the combat looked absolutely retarded with marines blasting away at moron xenos two feet in front of their face.  I know it's only a CG vid, but I can't help but notice.  Hope it's not indicative of actual gameplay.

Is this supposed to tide us over until fall?  *Slaps self*

Prime113

Prime113

I was excited for it!  :laugh:

Yeah, you're right there. But, maybe, that group of Marines gets wasted just after that cutscene ended if you know what I mean.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 27, 2012, 05:15:16 PM
I was excited for it!  :laugh:

Yeah, you're right there. But, maybe, that group of Marines gets wasted just after that cutscene ended if you know what I mean.
Yeah it really is ridiculous to draw conclusions about the game from that little movie.  My nerd-analyzer was all set to see some new footage, so now all it has to over-analyze into the ground is this. :laugh:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I loved this trailer. Not much else to tell. :')

This better be the last delay though. 6 FOOKIN YEARS!

WinterActual

WinterActual

Can someone find a version which can be downloaded? Because I cant download this for some reason :/

ikarop

ikarop

Got the video in glorious HD. Uploading it now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed