Viral Promotion for Prometheus?

Started by ikarop, Jan 26, 2012, 11:37:46 PM

Author
Viral Promotion for Prometheus? (Read 7,281 times)

ikarop

ikarop

One artist is claiming on twitter that one of her tracks will feature in an upcoming viral promotion for Prometheus.

Stoked that a track from The Entire City is going to be used in a short promo film made for Ridley Scott's new epic, Prometheus

https://twitter.com/#!/gazelletwin/status/162224895529459712

QuoteActually, it's for a short film made for viral promo, not the film itself. Maybe one day...

https://twitter.com/#!/gazelletwin/status/162240674874396672

You can listen to the album where this alleged track is included here: www.gazelletwin.com

Glaive

Glaive

...is it just ME thats getting SICK of viral marketting? ???

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Glaive on Jan 26, 2012, 11:42:53 PM
...is it just ME thats getting SICK of viral marketting? ???

If it helps the movie in some way then no.

Glaive

Glaive

Sorry...that was a joke. ;D

ChrisPachi

I Am Shell, I Am Bone. Pretty moody stuff, liking it.

-Chris

RICH-ENGLAND

i quite like some of this music but in my opinion it doesn't seem to fit with prometheus even for viral marketing !.

would be more fitting to something like tron or blade runner

thanks

rich

The Golden Fox

Isn't it impossible to make viral marketing for a story that's not set in a contemporary setting?

Although I guess they could throw in a couple of hints about the Jockeys, or reveal the location of the planet from the movie through viral marketing.

Pn2501

Pn2501

it almost feels a little late for viral marketing, shouldnt have this stuff been released a while back? nice track regardless.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Wow. That opening track is a straight-up ripoff of Bjork's work from "Drawing Restraint 9" and her Volta album.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 27, 2012, 01:49:30 AM
Wow. That opening track is a straight-up ripoff of Bjork's work from "Drawing Restraint 9" and her Volta album.

aaah, that's where it is from, thanks. i was thinking.

btw, the drawing restraint 9 score is interesting in itself.

Michael Harper

I was hoping that if we got a Viral Marketing it would give us an insight into the development of the Prometheus itself. The only time we've got to really see the ship in development in a Science-Fiction film before the actual release was that excellent (but very short) teaser trailer for Star Trek were the Enterprise is under construction. I'd love to see how Ridley Scott would film a similar sequence, of the construction of Prometheus. But, I doubt that's going to happen.

ikarop

ikarop

The artist recently gave an interview, and re-confirmed the news about the viral promo:

QuoteI recently learned that a short track excerpt from The Entire City is going to be used in a short promotional film made for Prometheus, the new Ridley Scott sci-fi epic. It's huge news for me, not only as a life-long Alien fan, but as my first ever sync as 'composer' and 'performer', it just couldn't be better.

http://www.metamatic.com/marchdocs03/00000009.shtml

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

Elizabeth Walling is a woman.

HybridNewborn

We have any info on this besides which track is going to be featured in it?

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

To me, it sounds like music that will be used in some sort of in-universe company advertisement for the Weyland Corporation, possibly about the discovery of the space jockey starcharts and mankind's new journey etc.

See Elysium's Armadyne video for instance:
youtube.com/watch?v=6czFCbHcNXI

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed