Resident Evil 6

Started by Xenodog, Jan 19, 2012, 10:38:12 PM

Author
Resident Evil 6 (Read 67,955 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 20, 2012, 05:45:58 PM
People bitch about Resident Evil 5 not being scary when Resident Evil 4 was not that scary neither IMO.

Scarier than anything in RE5.

Plus, RE5 was brighter, taking place more in the day, so naturally the atmosphere is going to be different, which it was. Thankfully, 6 looks to be returning to the darkness.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Rothschild on Jan 20, 2012, 12:44:38 PM
I might be a minority here, but I loved RE5. I played the shit out of that Co-Op with my mates. I've been a fan since the original (I even bought the director's cut and contemplated buying the dual shock version). The series has evolved into something completely different, but as long as I still find them enjoyable, I don't care too much. RE4 felt as far removed from the series as RE5 did from 4. This looks to take the best parts of 4 and 5 and throw in some elements from the old series for good measure. I can't wait for this!

Same here, Enjoyed the hell out of Resident Evil 5 and even though it was incredibly different – from the first game's inception and took on a more action/adventure feel it was just a blast to play. And Wesker was incredibly hammy but it worked for me.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I honestly never played 5, but 4 had plenty of scary moments.  The regenerator was a great one, as well as the creepy Ganados, the lake monster, the house standoff scenes, and the first time I heard the leatherface a-hole rev up that chainsaw and run down the lane to chop my head off.  That was truly awesome.

The cave-troll bosses were weak, I thought, and some other parts, but by and large the game played through great and nailed the Resident Evil theme quite well.

The castle/creepy monk sections with the huge blind dudes with claws were also great fun.  They reminded me of something out of Hellraiser.

I do agree with the concerns about it being too 'action-movie,' but as long as they up the horror and atmosphere to match the action, should be fuun.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Oh God yes no forced co-op.
Hell yes.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 20, 2012, 06:01:57 PM
People bitch about Resident Evil 5 not being scary when Resident Evil 4 was not that scary neither IMO.

http://images.wikia.com/residentevil/images/2/23/Regenerator.jpeg

Plus, RE5 was brighter, taking place more in the day, so naturally the atmosphere is going to be different, which it was. Thankfully, 6 looks to be returning to the darkness.

Dude, don't remind me. That f**king thing made me shit bricks. I can still hear it...

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 20, 2012, 06:32:21 PM

Dude, don't remind me. That f**king thing made me shit bricks. I can still hear it...

Hahaha I remember the noises they made,they were also tough.

Kol

Kol

yeah, you're right. it's like watching a horrormovie with lights on.

do you think the decision to set the game in the dark is the only step for capcom's claim to go back to the roots?
coz honestly, i can't understand anymore people who are complaining about the RE-movies goin' in particular action genre, when the video games, since RE 4, turned in that direction, too.

i loved 4, which was really scary and i enjoyed 5 very much, but goin back to the roots... that video what we were seeing, don't looked like logical consequence.  :-\

RE-4 was an improvement and a step forward, like aliens was to alien, but 5...?  ???
i think it took the ride to be co-op game, like lost planet 2.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I will quote myself from another forum

QuoteIts meh for me. I am replaying REmake these days and I can say this is one masterpiece of the game art. Theres no other word that can describe this game more than that. I like RE4 a lot and RE5 was great fun in co-op but they went from the great survival gameplay with nice puzzles into "kill-em-all" gameplay sacrificing the feeling and the horror factor. No doubt I will beat RE6 but nothing more. Racoon City will be joke so RE6 will be great game compared to it lol
Thats what I think about RE6.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

http://images.wikia.com/residentevil/images/2/23/Regenerator.jpeg

f**king hated those things. God forbid if you only got 10 feet away from them cause then they would just grab you and reel you back in. And the Iron Maidens are even worse. :laugh:

WinterActual

WinterActual

I hate those as well. The first time I encountered this thing I freaked out so bad that I jumped off of the ground (yeah, back then I still played on my PS2 sitting on the ground like the good ol times) and turned the console off from the plug rofl.. I was so scared  :-\ I went back to deal with those things after 1 month or so. This whole month I spent on plans how to kill them, and what to do if they got me, how to run away, how I am gonna die if theres no where to run anymore, I was afraid that if I die in the game I will feel great pain irl too :D Yes, I was THAT scared of this things oO

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

What's most pathetic is that they turned modest, humble and believable "everymen" like Leon Kennedy into some sort of "badasses", and gave Chris a steroid treament. Part of Resident Evil 2's charm was that dichotomy--Leon was a honest, a bit naive rookie cop and Claire was a no-nonsense woman who could handle herself. Now something like that is nowhere to be found, and Resident Evil 2 was also a B-movie (yet had all this character development, motivations, subtleties--not just simple notions of Wesker being badass because someone has to be!) but done in A-grade way (Resident Evil 1 was just a B-movie all around, but overall I find it better, esp. when talking about REmake)...and this, what class is this??? (Barry's voice: what is this?) HEAR ME OUT!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jan 20, 2012, 09:31:24 PM
What's most pathetic is that they turned modest, humble and believable "everymen" like Leon Kennedy into some sort of "badasses", and gave Chris a steroid treament. Part of Resident Evil 2's charm was that dichotomy--Leon was a honest, a bit naive rookie cop and Claire was a no-nonsense woman who could handle herself. Now something like that is nowhere to be found, and Resident Evil 2 was also a B-movie (yet had all this character development, motivations, subtleties--not just simple notions of Wesker being badass because someone has to be!) but done in A-grade way (Resident Evil 1 was just a B-movie all around, but overall I find it better, esp. when talking about REmake)...and this, what class is this??? (Barry's voice: what is this?) HEAR ME OUT!
^ Amen. I was so angry when I played RE5. They really played it 'B', which is something RE shed after the first game (which was really mostly B due to the English voice actors). RE2 and 3 were bona-fide, gritty survival horror games. As was the fantastic REmake.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Unfortunately the movies have had an influence on the series.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jan 20, 2012, 10:15:28 PM
Unfortunately the movies have had an influence on the series.
True, I believe Capcom even said themselves that they wanted to model things on the films because they think they're popular  :-\ >:( (they are popular, but they also suck!)  :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

At least the games haven't sucked like the movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed