Another New Picture

Started by Shasvre, Jan 14, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

Author
Another New Picture (Read 58,413 times)

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 21, 2012, 08:34:02 AM
The big secret with space jockey's is that we haven't seen their horses yet. They probably ride huge white serpents through out the ship.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: LarsVader on Jan 21, 2012, 11:13:00 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 21, 2012, 08:34:02 AM
The big secret with space jockey's is that we haven't seen their horses yet. They probably ride huge white serpents through out the ship.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QfayPsxbCj8/Sb8OfC4EmkI/AAAAAAAAAIY/0MdHMnRW81o/s400/zoidberg_sperm.jpg
Oh good god where did you find that...  :D

Still though there is a possibility that the space jockey could only be 15 inches high. I mean we've only seen the suits so far. The face hugger could be the pilot of the jockey suit too.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

The facehugger could be the pilot of the jockey? ;) lol :) :) good one. hehehe

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Oooooo i really wanna see a futurama/prometheus trailer now lol.

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Anyone else notice that Noomi's escape pod suit doesn't have the orange trims on it that the previously released pic had?  Might just be a lighting effect.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jan 22, 2012, 12:44:57 AM
Anyone else notice that Noomi's escape pod suit doesn't have the orange trims on it that the previously released pic had?  Might just be a lighting effect.

and here's the pic in larger resolution:

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2011/06/Noomi-Rapace-in-Prometheus-2012-Movie-Image.jpg

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 14, 2012, 10:50:13 PM
Pity about the compression on this - it's really hard to make out details. I do notice that the 'suits' have strange right arms - look at the wrist on the left arm of each, and then see how straight the right arms are - no wrist at all. Almost as though the right arms have some kind of attachment. It also looks as though there are more suits behind Shaw but it's impossible to be sure. This would lend itself to the statue idea, having statuesque 'sentinels' at the entryway to the pilots room.

-Chris

First post, hi guys, been a lurker round here for a while. Just something I can't see has been pointed out before: the point above about the right arm being straight, as if it has an attachment, and the left being more naturally hand-like, with a wrist. You can see the exact same thing on the mysterious blue man in the brief shot of the space jockey chamber, particularly clear in the shots that people have lightened up.

Now there are several possibilities from this, but at the least I think we can assume that the "blue man" is wearing the body part of the suits in the newly-released still, just not the helmet. As the helmets are space-jockey-like (with the trunks), this may or may not add credence to the idea that he is indeed a space jockey.

Personally I still don't think so though because of the size problem (he just won't fit into that chair IMO) - but I know there's debate about that. But why is he wearing a suit (without helmet) for which the helmet has a space-jockey like appearance?!

Apologies if this has been brought up before. If not I'd love to hear people's thoughts...

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: red_otter on Jan 23, 2012, 04:58:59 PMPersonally I still don't think so though because of the size problem (he just won't fit into that chair IMO) - but I know there's debate about that. But why is he wearing a suit (without helmet) for which the helmet has a space-jockey like appearance?!

I think that there's a pretty good chance that he will be the one donning the smaller SJ-like suit, but I completely agree that he is too small for the chair. My take is that he is named the Engineer because that is quite literally what he is, the ship's maintenance man, created by the SJs as a sort of slave to look after operations. The SJ suit is his spacesuit.

-Chris

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 24, 2012, 09:21:27 PM
Quote from: red_otter on Jan 23, 2012, 04:58:59 PMPersonally I still don't think so though because of the size problem (he just won't fit into that chair IMO) - but I know there's debate about that. But why is he wearing a suit (without helmet) for which the helmet has a space-jockey like appearance?!

I think that there's a pretty good chance that he will be the one donning the smaller SJ-like suit, but I completely agree that he is too small for the chair. My take is that he is named the Engineer because that is quite literally what he is, the ship's maintenance man, created by the SJs as a sort of slave to look after operations. The SJ suit is his spacesuit.

-Chris

That all makes sense, and I would be VEry surprised if this figure climbs into the seat and ends up being an SJ like the one in Alien (still less THE one from Alien). Frankly, it would be idiotic given the proportions we can see from this (albeit brief) clip - but that is of course just my opinion.

Where I'm not so sure about your analysis is that the clip, even though it took many people a while to spot the "blue man", nevertheless, in the context of the final film, suggests he is an imposing and powerful figure. I can't honestly see that shot, in a storytelling sense, making much sense without implying that, at the least, that character is quite an important figure at this point in the story (unless they're making a really weird trailer where they're deliberately wrong-footing us about even the emotional impact of a shot, which of course isn't impossible given the level of secrecy and hype that surrounds this film).

Actually I guess that doesn't necessarily preclude your points being wrong either. But if he is a low down workman character then I think, at the least, in this point of the film he's rising above his station.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: red_otter on Jan 24, 2012, 10:21:34 PMBut if he is a low down workman character then I think, at the least, in this point of the film he's rising above his station.

He may be a low-down workman, but he is a giant alien low-down workman, so he is far from being unimportant from an audience perspective. But you could also be right that he has risen above his station, being the rebel figure of the Prometheus myth.

-Chris

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 24, 2012, 10:48:18 PM
Quote from: red_otter on Jan 24, 2012, 10:21:34 PMBut if he is a low down workman character then I think, at the least, in this point of the film he's rising above his station.

He may be a low-down workman, but he is a giant alien low-down workman, so he is far from being unimportant from an audience perspective. But you could also be right that he has risen above his station, being the rebel figure of the Prometheus myth.

-Chris

Lol i actually think there is a chance he was just photoshopped in to get us thinking and talking about the movie untill its release, the trailer is a sequence of bulletpoints that appear to tell a certain story lol
Notice 01: the trailer starts with the shot of a spaceship
02: it ends with the deralict crashing

03: inbetween those 2 shots are a sequence of events that mimick alien

Pretty much has us all thinking it all happens in that order lol ;)

04: 80% of aliens trailer is footage not even in the movie........

Just some thoughts.......:)

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

As much as I'm loving these shots, I really hope the filmamkers are just teasing the hell out of us.  The Ampule Room head is being mega pimped.  As cool as it is, if its the only big set piece style set in the movie (a supposedly EPIC movie), I'll be pretty underwhelmed.

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jan 25, 2012, 11:32:13 PM
As much as I'm loving these shots, I really hope the filmamkers are just teasing the hell out of us.  The Ampule Room head is being mega pimped.  As cool as it is, if its the only big set piece style set in the movie (a supposedly EPIC movie), I'll be pretty underwhelmed.

I don't know about set piece style "set", but I reckon plenty of the shots in the trailer have demonstrated both big set pieces and awesome epic shots - Prometheus itself, the wide shot of the ship arriving through the clouds, the vehicles driving down the road, the modernised version of the Space Jockey seat, not to mention the clearly amazing set piece of the "derelict" ship blowing up in the air then rolling across the surface.

Given they're probably holding back plenty of awesome moments from the teaser I think that's a pretty good haul  :)

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Its been said by scott himself
" im keeping all the best stuff locked up"
Love how we all assume in our way that we have seen everything and know the ins n outs of the story and subplots lmao
......AND ALL FROM A MIN OF f**kING FOOTAGE  :).....
Im sure we havnt even got a clue about any of the epic stuff yet

Just some thoughts.....

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Amen PrometheusFire!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed