Another New Picture

Started by Shasvre, Jan 14, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

Author
Another New Picture (Read 58,944 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

QuoteWhen the enigmatic television series "Lost" came to a close two years ago, show co-creator Damon Lindelof thought he was done working on scripts with shadowy plot lines. Then he got an offer to write "Prometheus," a Ridley Scott-directed science-fiction film whose story has been kept tightly under wraps since its inception.

"Coming out of 'Lost,' I was like, 'What a relief it'll be to leave mystery and secretiveness behind,'" recalled the 38-year-old, who also was one of the writers who penned last year's "Cowboys & Aliens." "Then I found myself in the same situation, and I thought, 'Here we go again.'"

Months before the film's June release, little is still known in Hollywood about the 3-D "Prometheus," whose ensemble cast includes Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron and Idris Elba. The movie was initially billed as a prequel to Scott's 1979 hit "Alien," but the filmmaker and the studio behind the picture, 20th Century Fox, have since tried to distance it from that label.

"Alien," which starred Sigourney Weaver, centered on scientists who encounter extraterrestrials while exploring an alien planet. "Prometheus," meanwhile, has explorers seeking the origins of human civilization to save future generations of mankind.

What the two do have in common, Lindelof said, is that the universe in which each takes place shares a similar aesthetic. When the writer signed on to the film, Scott was already deep into discussions with production designer Arthur Max, whose résumé includes work on "Se7en" and "Gladiator." Scott took Lindelof to what he described as a "thick, dramatic vault door" where five twentysomethings who "looked like they were playing video games" were rendering images of planets, creatures and space suits.

"The movie is definitely epic in its scope. One of the filmmakers that we ended up talking about to a fair degree of redundancy was David Lean, who directed 'Lawrence of Arabia,'" he said. "We wanted to make the movie feel big by having the characters be small in big spaces. That connected to the larger themes we were talking about — that we're all just these little gnats crawling around on our little planet.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/01/14/prometheus-damon-lindelof-ridley-scott-photos-alien-prequel/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=57774

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Look at those guys...  :o

AnthonyWC70788

AnthonyWC70788

OMG, is this real? If so that just proved a point I was making. That they were statues and it looked kind of like an Ancient Rome type deal with just alot of statues and all. And that would prove alot since they said they had an Italian sculptor come in and do some work. Just saying.... Anthony

I need confirmation that this is in fact real people. This looks a little to good to be true and she almost looks like she doesnt belong in that picture. and the wall behind the statues looks weird for some odd reason you know... Anthony

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Look at the backs of the Space Jockey suits too, they appear quite large and as if they fit into something - the chair maybe?

AncientPred

AncientPred

i've seen the pic on another site being reported as legit, but i can see why you would say it looks fake.

Infected

Infected

Just astronaut suits thats what they are but for bigger humanoids.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

vaginas all over the walls....and those statues...Giger is ALL over this shit!

csm1013

csm1013

Think it looks funny because its a staged production photo rather than a shot from the film itself.

Two things of interest besides the statues.

1. Looks like a shoulder cam on her left side.

2. Check out the insignia on her left arm, reads 'Weyland Me(?)'

Cvalda

Cvalda

My kneejerk reaction to Space Jockeys with boots is, well, less than positive. But I do think they look like they were possibly inspired by Giger's "Swiss Made" alien spacesuit. Wonder what they look like in action.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

"Weyland Messiah", you even see an angel on it  :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

Great picture. Things are shaping up nicely.  :)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: csm1013 on Jan 14, 2012, 10:07:39 PM

Probably Weyland Inc. or Weyland Int. or something. It's kinda fuzzy.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Is anyone else having a problem saving this image on your computer? I've tried it a few times now, with both Chrome and Firefox, from three different links and even restarted the damn computer, but it just saves as a tiny black box. What the hell? ???

Other pics work just fine.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: csm1013 on Jan 14, 2012, 10:07:39 PM
It's "WEYLAND MEGACORP"--you can see the full insignia in some other stills, I believe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed