I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 38,792 times)

mastermoon

Another movie thats just as bad as AVPR would be Son of the Mask.

Oh god that was horrible.

Snowdog

a lot of people won't agree with me (still having a hard time understanding that in this franchise situation) but i find terminator salvation just as bad.

Novak 1334

Rise of the Machines is worse

Snowdog

rise of the machines had actual terminators instead of throwminators. guess thats all i have to say bout it.

Novak 1334

Quote from: Snowdog on Feb 28, 2012, 07:30:07 PM
rise of the machines had actual terminators instead of throwminators. guess thats all i have to say bout it.

'throwminators'  :laugh:

both were poor

SM

SM

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 05:05:55 PM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Feb 28, 2012, 05:02:51 PM
At least those involved with Revenge admitted they didn't do so well.
The Strause Brothers have done no such thing.

At least the Strause Brothers didn't destroy the theme of the franchise. :-\

It had a theme?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The highly dramatic struggle of a pizza delivery boy between two of the most famous movie monsters everrrrrrr! That's a theme! It only lacked 5D.

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Feb 28, 2012, 08:43:59 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 05:05:55 PM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Feb 28, 2012, 05:02:51 PM
At least those involved with Revenge admitted they didn't do so well.
The Strause Brothers have done no such thing.

At least the Strause Brothers didn't destroy the theme of the franchise. :-\

It had a theme?

Aliens hunting humans in the dark fighting Predators, which is more in tune than what Jaws The Revenge had in regard to its predecessors.

RagingDragon

The Bros are probably busy trying to forget and avoid the issue.  I would be, if I hadn't offed myself already for nailing the lid on the coffin of my favorite potential sci-fi creature crossover.

echobbase79

The Bros have commented on how they dislike the movie many times during the press for Skyline. Look for interviews during that film's press run. The bottom line is that they hate/dislike the movie as much as we do but can't be so blunt about it like we can because it looks bad on them and people wouldn't want to do business with them.

RagingDragon

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 28, 2012, 09:28:42 PM
The Bros have commented on how they dislike the movie many times during the press for Skyline. Look for interviews during that film's press run. The bottom line is that they hate/dislike the movie as much as we do but can't be so blunt about it like we can because it looks bad on them and people wouldn't want to do business with them.
Ah, interesting.

To totally out myself, I liked Skyline, and think they do well in the FX department.  And if I had to realistically shift the hate from the Bros. to a more reasonable ... uh... reason, it would probably land on hiring them to direct in the first place.  I may have tolerated the goofy SFX in AvP:R if there had been better everything else.

mn2movies

mn2movies

Quote from: mastermoon on Feb 28, 2012, 03:27:56 PM
AVPR had a much lower budget then AVP. The first AVP had a $60 million budget.
redemption was made for less than 10,000 us dollars if i remember, fan film, and it blows doors on avpr and possibly even first avp, ill go get the link for you guys

http://youtu.be/J0nLUYFc0H4

part 2,     http://youtu.be/hPuinM90FAI

part 3,    http://youtu.be/CuAmewvf3wY      enjoy

im nobody special, just a fan, but in my opinion this is excellen, esspecially for a fan film

TheMonolith

If they are being honest about this, good for them. It is very adult to admit when one makes a mistake regarding their art, and the best filmmakers always own up when they mess up.
However, given the behavior I have heard from them, it seems possible they are saying this just so people who could potentially give them a job don't think AvP R is the kind of film they want to make.
For example, Jane Fonda's apology to Vietnam vets was suspected of having such motivations behind it.

echobbase79

Quote from: TheMonolith on Feb 29, 2012, 01:06:06 AM
If they are being honest about this, good for them. It is very adult to admit when one makes a mistake regarding their art, and the best filmmakers always own up when they mess up.
However, given the behavior I have heard from them, it seems possible they are saying this just so people who could potentially give them a job don't think AvP R is the kind of film they want to make.
For example, Jane Fonda's apology to Vietnam vets was suspected of having such motivations behind it.

True, but I've heard it right from the horses mouth from Crom (he works with them and has account here on the site) and they think its the Friday the 13th part 8 of the Alien/Predator movies. Why they pick that particular Friday the 13th I don't know.

TheMonolith

Because even Friday the 13th fans hate that one.
I know because I used to be hardcore.  :D
But that is a discussion for another time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed