I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 39,177 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 03, 2012, 02:58:55 PM
I like AVP-R.  Introduces alot of new material into the franchise/ franchises.
Like unanimously terrible reviews?  :P

Requiem28

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 03, 2012, 03:00:22 PM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 03, 2012, 02:58:55 PM
I like AVP-R.  Introduces alot of new material into the franchise/ franchises.
Like unanimously terrible reviews?  :P

Good one.  ;)

I meant new creatures (Chet) Pred weapons, Pred world, etc...

Valaquen

I don't think any of them were new. They were all in the games/comics/toys. I think the only real new addition was Wolf's whip. I've only seen this film twice, I can't recall.

Requiem28

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 03, 2012, 03:05:50 PM
I don't think any of them were new. They were all in the games/comics/toys. I think the only real new addition was Wolf's whip. I've only seen this film twice, I can't recall.

Heheh, I knew you were gonna say that.  I meant to say to the movie franchise.

Valaquen

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 03, 2012, 03:21:12 PM

Oh, of course  ;) Whether or not those additions are a good thing for the movies is another debate  :P

Requiem28

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 03, 2012, 03:23:18 PM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 03, 2012, 03:21:12 PM

Oh, of course  ;) Whether or not those additions are a good thing for the movies is another debate  :P

Probably won't find me there.  8)

Topazora

Topazora

I would've liked AvP:R had it not:
*have exploding pregnant women
*shown a kid getting killed the worst way possible by the xenos
*turning aliens and predators into a teen slasher
*teen drama (or college age, all the same to me)
*weak ass xenos
*Chet with her(he?) egg-barfing
*Wolf wasting his time skinning the police officer in the beginning of the film
*gore for the sake of gore

The movie overall pissed me off.  I'll take a human/predator team up any day over that shitlist up there.  I also really like Wolf, and as a predator character, he has mounds of potential.  IMHO, Wolf is the best thing about the movie.  Other than that, the movie is an abomination and doesn't deserve to be cannonized.

•ONEYE•

Quote from: hunterelf on Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM... am i the only one that likes AVPR ?

Yes.

Lie

It was the Strause Brothers, most of Avp:r was an alright idea but they f**ked it up with their hate for pregnant women, how little money went towards lighting and lack of knowledge in the movie making biz.

I liked Chet, I don't care what people say about it. I was just happy with the fact that at the beginning it was like an Alien movie with the Predators facing something they had little knowledge of instead of us. It played it's part has a beast designed to kill them very well.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: SizzyBubbles on Jan 03, 2012, 04:02:22 AM
Pretty sure i just love all things A/P/AVP because i enjoy the franchise and the beasts. Even id its a comic, game, or film what was "bad" i still enjoyed it.
The people to me where just victims for a couple of my favorite alien killers.

I liked it as well. I pretty much agree with what ^^^ said. I mean, it did have Aliens and Predators killing things.

Quote from: Lie on Jan 04, 2012, 03:59:27 AM
It was the Strause Brothers, most of Avp:r was an alright idea but they f**ked it up with their hate for pregnant women,.

Gosh, that was the worst thing in the movie I.M.O. I mean, seriously, what the f**k SB?

RidgeTop

Personally I think the Strause Brothers saved the film from Shane Salerno, the original script was total garbage. In the end though, I really liked AVPR, for a popcorn action/horror flick, it was pretty good. Everyone hated the setting, but I found it quite interesting. It reminded me of the old, cheesy "Aliens invade small town USA" movies like "The Blob."

Course I'd still like to see a proper AVP that takes place in the future with colonial marines, I think that's what everyone here wants at this point, or at least those who haven't lost complete faith in AVP as a film franchise. 

Edvin

i liked AVP:R i mean, it was a sucky and horrible movie, but i liked it :)
Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 04, 2012, 06:54:28 AM
Personally I think the Strause Brothers saved the film from Shane Salerno, the original script was total garbage.
what was it about? do you have acopy of it?

QuoteCourse I'd still like to see a proper AVP that takes place in the future with colonial marines, I think that's what everyone here wants at this point, or at least those who haven't lost complete faith in AVP as a film franchise.
this :)

SizzyBubbles

I love Chet.

there i said it

whiterabbit

Ah f**k it, I'm a total fanboy of aliens. To me avp-r is kind of like bad pizza, even if it sucked it's still kind of good. Now we need a full on assault of the predator home world by colonial marines which unfortunately turns into a rescue mission upon arrival  after the xeno's take over the predators world. After that we have good wookie err predator-human relations and they can start being the good guys like that wharf guy from TNG. Every ship has a predator instead of some kookie android... err lifeless Vulcan.

;D

psychonaut25

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 10, 2012, 04:58:10 AM
Ah f**k it, I'm a total fanboy of aliens. To me avp-r is kind of like bad pizza, even if it sucked it's still kind of good. Now we need a full on assault of the predator home world by colonial marines which unfortunately turns into a rescue mission upon arrival  after the xeno's take over the predators world. After that we have good wookie err predator-human relations and they can start being the good guys like that wharf guy from TNG. Every ship has a predator instead of some kookie android... err lifeless Vulcan.

;D

Avp:r is really bad pizza....something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IWwM26OxiM#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed