I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 39,058 times)

Gosutoraida

It was different but should we even care? The scene where they burst out is only less than 10 seconds.

SM

SM

Bad movie making is bad movie making - even if it's for 10 seconds.

demonbane

I think it is more to do with fanservice with more Predator action. I am on that boat.
I believe it is kinda guilty pleasure. You know all the flaws in the stuff, but you kinda enjoy it.

r888

stupid film , stupid plot, stupid everything eles in the film

OpenMaw

Even the clock was stupid.

And I know clocks.

BadBloodYautja

I like AVPR and watch it whenever its on.  I'll even get out of my recliner and put it in the Blu-Ray player when its not on from time to time :o

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

^ ::) Of course you enjoyed the film. You're a predator fan. You people literally care nothing about quality filmaking as long as that film being made features a "badass" Predator. Lol It's kind of childish.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 11:33:27 AM
^ ::) Of course you enjoyed the film. You're a predator fan. You people literally care nothing about a quality filmaking as long as that film features a "badass" Predator. Lol It's kind of childish.

Or he just simply enjoyed the movie...

Its not right to say that Predator fans don't care about quality, especially when quality is a matter of opinion. its not "childish", he just enjoyed something that the majority of us didn't. I see no problem there. I like a lot of movies that are generally disliked as well.

CarnalCalligraphy

Lol It's not right?

I think that film quality is a rather objective thing. I'd even go so far as to say that AVP:R is an objectively bad movie. Movies are held to certain standards, Nightmare. That's why Citizen Kane is at the top of AFI's list of 100 greatest films and AVP:Poo was a Rasberry nominee for "the worst excuse for a horror movie."

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 04:35:16 PM
Lol It's not right?

I think that film quality is a rather objective thing. I'd even go so far as to say that AVP:R is an objectively bad movie. Movies are held to certain standards, Nightmare. That's why Citizen Kane is at the top of AFI's list of 100 greatest films and AVP:Poo was a Rasberry nominee for "the worst excuse for a horror movie."

I get that, Its just that different people have different standards. It doesn't make one person's opinion above the other's, it just makes them different. While I don't agree with BadBloodYautja's opinion on the movie (I personally did not like AVPR, and do not plan on watching it again), I won't hold anything against him for it. Some people enjoy it despite its flaws, and I say good for them. I'm kind of the same with Alien Resurrection; I get that it is not as good as it should have been, but there are concepts and ideas in it that I like, and I find myself able to watch it from time to time, despite noot being close to as good as the first three.

CarnalCalligraphy

Some people's opinions are actually held in higher regard. For instance, if someone were of the opinion that Michael Vick were the most deserving of an humanitarian award, that person would be immediately marginalized and rightly subject to criticism.

Avp:R was not just a bad movie; It was a slap in the face of true Alien and Predator fans. It was a middle finger to those of us who actually care about this franchise, and I reserve my right to criticise anyone who undermines the scrutiny this film is under. It's more than just a bad movie. It truly is. So, I don't recognize anyone's right to enjoy or celebrate this shamelessly mediocre film.

Vulhala

That's your prerogative. But you're expected to be respectful and courteous to other members while you're here.

CarnalCalligraphy

Well, of course it's my prerogative.

Also, to expect me to be respectful of the other forum members is to expect me to express esteem for their worth and opinions and is, therefore, to expect me and everyone else on this forum to lie. Frankly, I'd rather not even be associated with a forum that explicitly asks me to lie to another human being. Rules of that sort seem to be indicative of cluelessness in maintaining civility in a civilized way.

Also, I don't think I was being disrespectful. I didn't call anyone's worth into question.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 07:10:12 PM
Also, I don't think I was being disrespectful. I didn't call anyone's worth into question.

Right here, you pretty much did that to Predator fans:

Quote from: CarnalCalligraphy on Jun 02, 2012, 11:33:27 AM
^ ::) Of course you enjoyed the film. You're a predator fan. You people literally care nothing about quality filmaking as long as that film being made features a "badass" Predator. Lol It's kind of childish.

Also, being respectful isn't lying. I find that I'm being respectful to you, while being completely honest and saying that I do not agree with your thoughts. Its OK for people to think differently, and a little bit of debating often leads in to greater discussion. But when you start calling someone "childish" because of their opinions, well, then the conversation begins to become childish.

CarnalCalligraphy

CarnalCalligraphy

Well, then you don't understand the definition of the word.

Respect - To feel or show deferential regard for someone.

Deferential means submissive. Yielding to another's opinion. Is this what I'm being asked to do? If so, then that's an unprecedented violation of my freedom of speech - at least the idea - and you'd think that an internet forum would be at least as considerate of that freedom as more regulated forums.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed