Thoughts on the Mrs.Yutani Scene In AVP:R?

Started by AlexVelez, Dec 26, 2011, 09:44:38 PM

Author
Thoughts on the Mrs.Yutani Scene In AVP:R? (Read 23,734 times)

Don PapI

I think AVP-R is that kind of movie u leave playing while u do somethign else, so u only watch alien scenes, i made that a week ago ...

predxeno

Quote from: AlexVelez on Dec 26, 2011, 09:44:38 PM
So yeah, I give the writers & the Brothers Strause some props for that scene. Don't shoot me. :-\ lol

That last scene was the only good thing that the critics of the film praised.

AliceApocalypse

It was a nice lead into the Weyland Yutani enterprise, which starts popping up in the franchise chronilogically afterwards.

SM

We already had a Weyland intro in the first film.

Which was rather forced to begin with.

AliceApocalypse

So, why not use the sequel to bring the "Yutani" into the Weyland Yutani scene?

SM

An even more forced and tacked on epilogue is hardly bringing Yutani into anything.

AliceApocalypse

Disagreeed.  The Weyland & Yutani reference has been bounced around the franchise for years, having little pieces behind the logo revealed in the films added some intrigue about the company.  The logo, the weapons, the company itself building better worlds, we are given a little taste to savor the mystery behind it all.   For some us at least. 

Bat Chain Puller

The addition of Yutani to the end of the film neither helps or hinders the film or subsequent films in it's timeline. I mean after sitting through that film ... who cares. I'm with Alice. Why not mention it? It sort of comes with the territory these days. And can be a fun little nugget for those who don't invest as much credence into the other films as we do.

First Blood

Pointless to be honest. How are we to believe she helps form Weyland-Yutani if you know...Weyland's dead. Had Weyland lived and they met face to face it would have been more effective.

maledoro

It looks like it was tacked on as an afterthought.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: maledoro on Jan 11, 2012, 11:58:37 PM
It looks like it was tacked on as an afterthought.

... One last after thought in a film of afterthoughts doesn't hurt.

It's like getting run over by a bus, set on fire, shot, stabbed, dipped in acid, eaten and shat out by wolves, reconstituted and whacked in the balls with a windmill blade. Getting shot with a rubber band after all that aint' nothin' but a thing.

echobbase79

That scene was supposed to be an epilogue ending after the credits were over. So that's probably why it feels tacked on. The original ending was supposed to show a group of predators on an alien homeworld (not the official homeworld of the Aliens) that had been over run by the creatures. They called it a King Alien that the predators were trying to take down or something like. Greg talked about it during press for Skyline.

But the Yutani scene was always supposed to be a fan thing. Nothing more. I know when I saw it with a crowd no one knew what the hell it meant. lol.

maledoro

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 12, 2012, 12:31:20 AMThat scene was supposed to be an epilogue ending after the credits were over. So that's probably why it feels tacked on.
No, it felt tacked on because it was unnecessary. It seemed forced, too. It lacked subtlety. I almost expected them to turn to the camera and nod and wink.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 12, 2012, 12:31:20 AMBut the Yutani scene was always supposed to be a fan thing. Nothing more. I know when I saw it with a crowd no one knew what the hell it meant. lol.
I've been a fan of the Alien series since 1978, and I was let down by that scene.

predxeno

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 12, 2012, 12:31:20 AM
That scene was supposed to be an epilogue ending after the credits were over. So that's probably why it feels tacked on.

I think I would have liked that better.

SM

Mal nailed it.  It was like Rick Moranis in Spaceballs breaking the fourth wall and saying "Everybody got that??"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed