Hot Toys 1:6 Scale Classic Predator from Predators

Started by shadowedge, Dec 23, 2011, 10:20:20 PM

Author
Hot Toys 1:6 Scale Classic Predator from Predators (Read 24,840 times)

shadowedge

Is anyone else really excited about this? I preordered mine and it should arrive within a week.

The official specs are:

Authentic and detailed likeness of Classic Predator from the movie Predators
    Realistic and accurate 1/6th scale (approximately 14 inches tall)
    Over 22 points of articulation
    Newly developed head sculpt and upper body
    Net on body and left hand
    One (1) interchangeable expanded mouth
    Six (6) interchangeable palms including:
    One (1) pair of fists
    One (1) pair of open palms
    One (1) left relaxed palm
    One (1) right palm with pointing forefinger
    Articulated shoulder cannon
    Leather-like skirt with waist band
    One (1) pair of forearm armor with expandable metal blade on right side, and LED light on left side
    One (1) left chest armor and back armor
    One (1) right shoulder armor with straps
    One (1) pair of thigh armor
    One (1) pair of leg armor
    Detachable battle damaged face mask with LED light-up function
    Classic face mask
    Display stand features forest scene with bone trophies and tree trunk

As a bonus the Sideshow Exclusive version also comes with a Predator Skull

The Price is $190-$220.

Here are some awesome pictures of it, from a user who got it early. They were taken by a user named OMG, who posted them on the Sideshow Collectors forum. LOTS of more photos at: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103770

Once again all credit for these great photos goes to OMG, not me.

Basically if you like the the look of Jungle Hunter then this is the ultimate Predator to get. It looks even better then the other Hot Toys Predators, even the 2 year old Original Predator due to having a new one piece sculpted chest, instead of the old two part one. It has the same style of chest as the Shadow Predator did.

Also the head and especially the mask are significantly smaller than the old original Predator from Hot Toys, so it is more in scale and doesn't look as much like a bobble head.

Also the wrist blades are real metal so it looks better than plastic.

This will be my first Hot Toys Predator and I can't wait. Anyone else getting this?

Stalker

I pre ordered this as soon as it was announced, I just got my notification from Sideshow that it will be arriving very soon.

The P1 goes for upwards of $400 on Ebay. Considering this new figure is superior in almost every way there was no reason not to buy it.

xeno killer

Yep i'm getting mine from Sideshow in January!! I cannot wait!

shadowedge

Quote from: Stalker on Dec 24, 2011, 08:00:50 AM
I pre ordered this as soon as it was announced, I just got my notification from Sideshow that it will be arriving very soon.

The P1 goes for upwards of $400 on Ebay. Considering this new figure is superior in almost every way there was no reason not to buy it.
$400?!? Wasn't that Predator just $150 or so when it was new? That is quite a profit then. Forget about investing in gold, just get some Hot Toys and wait a few years. You'll double or triple the profit.  ;)

Stalker

Quote from: shadowedge on Dec 24, 2011, 10:28:33 PM
$400?!? Wasn't that Predator just $150 or so when it was new? That is quite a profit then. Forget about investing in gold, just get some Hot Toys and wait a few years. You'll double or triple the profit.  ;)

That's nothing, the P2 Elder & the AvP Ancients go for over $1000. I've always wanted to get the P2 but now that one's hard to find under $700-$800.

The new Hot Toys figures are the best ones anyway.

shadowedge

Quote from: Stalker on Dec 24, 2011, 11:12:17 PM
That's nothing, the P2 Elder & the AvP Ancients go for over $1000. I've always wanted to get the P2 but now that one's hard to find under $700-$800.

$1000!! Holy crap! Are the Hot Toys figures made in tiny quantities or something? Do they make more than one run? That is insane.

Shadow

Quote from: shadowedge on Dec 25, 2011, 04:42:32 AM
Quote from: Stalker on Dec 24, 2011, 11:12:17 PM

$1000!! Holy crap! Are the Hot Toys figures made in tiny quantities or something? Do they make more than one run? That is insane.

i think so. rgey are already overpriced as is, and exclusives are even more so. i think the hot toys figs in general are pretty limited. it's sad tho, they are cool figs.

Snowdog

Does anyone know if this figure will fit into this display case ?

Requiem28

Sweetness!  I wish I can get all these.  I just recently got Neca's 1/4 scale Unmasked Classic for Christmas, and it's beautiful!. Thanks sis!

shadowedge

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 25, 2011, 05:49:02 PM

http://www.galaxyshop.eu/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/x/a/xacu-001_a.jpg
Yes but just barely.

The Hot Toys 1:6 scale Predators are 14 inches tall and most 1:6 figures are just 12 inches tall. This is due to the Predators being 7 foot tall, scaled down to 1:6 is 14 inches.

That display box has a height of 365mm and that is 14.37inches tall. So it will fit, but just barely. You probably can't have on the mask if you display the Predator.

Snowdog

Quote from: shadowedge on Dec 26, 2011, 09:37:31 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 25, 2011, 05:49:02 PM

http://www.galaxyshop.eu/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/x/a/xacu-001_a.jpg
Yes but just barely.

The Hot Toys 1:6 scale Predators are 14 inches tall and most 1:6 figures are just 12 inches tall. This is due to the Predators being 7 foot tall, scaled down to 1:6 is 14 inches.

That display box has a height of 365mm and that is 14.37inches tall. So it will fit, but just barely. You probably can't have on the mask if you display the Predator.

Thanks for your reply ;D Guess i won't buy the display case then and just display classic without a case.

shadowedge

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 26, 2011, 10:04:48 PM
Thanks for your reply ;D Guess i won't buy the display case then and just display classic without a case.

You may want to buy a case for it anyway. If you just display it without a case it WILL get dusty, and you can't just wipe off dust on an action figure with a rag since it can get embedded into the various nooks and crannies of the figure. It will look kind of bad and be hard to clean up without the protection of a case. Especially a $200 figure. You want to protect something like that.

Snowdog

I use this to get the dust from my figures and statues ::) Vacuumcleaner behind it and its gone :laugh:

shadowedge

My Hot Toy Classic Predator just came and it looks really good. It was bigger than what I was expecting too.

One thing though. I went to move his left arm and the wrist gauntlet broke off right underneath the peg! :( Right at the top of the light up gauntlet. It still works, but it looks like I will need to glue it. :(

For those who get this, be extra careful when bending the joints. They are extremely stiff and the left gauntlet may break off.

xeno killer

Sorry to hear about the breakage!! :( Thanks for the heads up! :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed