Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis

Started by Darkness, Dec 23, 2011, 06:01:26 PM

Author
Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis (Read 57,705 times)

EEV-2501

^Where ?

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Master on Dec 23, 2011, 11:32:01 PM

I`ve just noticed piramid in the bacground. Hmmm...

Where?

Master

Master

Top left hand corner.

ryanjayhawk

I assumed that was the other horseshoe portion of the derelict style ship?

Space_Dementia

I personally believe this could be the same Space Jokey we see in Alien and the same planet...keep in mind Alien could be based hundreds of years after this movie what whatever might occur in this movie might explain the state of the planet in Alien.... I could be wrong, its just my prediction.

I think alot of us who have predicted where this movie might be going will end up being surprised when we all see it.

psychonaut25

It's only teaser what we have seen yet...Teaser, not trailer. Best things are not shown to us, believe me.

Unadan

Unadan

I hope the Prometheus only gets damaged not destroyed.  Also it is very possible the landing gear seen on the ground in flames came from the MAGELLAN and not the PROMETHEUS and that the MAGELLAN was the ship that intentionally crashed into the alien attack vessel.

I also think the seen where the Captain of the Prometheus is gaping and there is orange in his eyes is occurring at the exact moment when the Magellan and alien craft collide.  Make sense?

Quote from: Miker25 on Dec 23, 2011, 09:48:10 PM
That scene with red laser lights in the cave, I think that's some kind of tool the Prometheus crew are using to survey the inside of cave/tunnel

I totally agree because the crew members studying materials on the ground don't even look up when the red lights are scanning all over the inside of the cave.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Dec 23, 2011, 11:50:12 PM

Assumed so too, it's moving.

subaru2004

subaru2004

been following the development of the film for a while and decided to sign up at last! One thing i'm wondering about is the guy in the wheelchair in the scene with david kneeling down and what we are all assuming is rappace covered in blood

There is something odd about him, he seems to me to have something around the back of his head and a line going up the side of his face, and across his scalp? i've photoshoped the image and burned the colour a bit to make it more obvious but you can see it if you zoom in on the stills from the trailer

edit to add, i'm probably seeing things, but could this bald guy be patrick wilson i'e the cacooned man?

pic of wilson http://www.imdb.com/media/rm385389568/nm0933940

Vulhala

Vulhala

I'm looking at it differently now. Good review boss. I've been too excited to actually think about what I'm seeing.

The downside is I actually have many more questions now  :laugh:

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 23, 2011, 11:29:52 PM
I think all the fire is from the Prometheus. The derelict hardly gets damaged by the explosion.

if you look closly you will see a large amount of fire is coming from the derelict

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Dec 23, 2011, 11:50:12 PM

took me bloody ages to work out what part of the derelict was crashing into the ground. Its the front end. duh

Jockey

Jockey

Alright, this will be an arduously long post where I first try to clear some of the confusion regarding certain plot elements and then I will continue to post my take on what's the movie is about. As for my research, if you can call it that, I've viewed all the footage of the trailer, comic-con footage which people seem to have forgotten about, sets pictures, articles and sky.com leaks/news.

'The movie will not involve any xenos or things resembling them.' - Wrong
Answer and source: "Despite that press release that seemed to indicate there were no aliens in the movie, the familiar HR Giger-style aliens do appear. Big ones apparently."
"An exclusive source has told us that not only are HR Giger's classic aliens in it, but that they're integral to the plot." - source to sky.com 04022011
'Then you mature and ask what are the tasks at hand, and he said: 'You've got a tall order here because you have to do something that's better than Giger' Now you're scaring me, because I just don't know if that can be done.' - Neville Page, Creature designer on Prometheus.

'The movie will be at LV-426'
Answer and source: Unclear at this point. No definite answer. But considering the look of that planet to the planet we see in the trailer, the answer is probably not. Also, Lindelof said in an interview that the ending will NOT be the derelict ship at LV-426.

'The ship in the trailer, is that the derelict ship or not? How is it piloted controlled and by whom?'
Answer and source: Lindelof denying that the end will be the derelict ship at LV-426. So the answer is that it is not the derelict ship.
'people are going to be in for a shock when they sit down to watch Prometheus and there's an enormous semi-human head piloting a spaceship.' - source to sky.com. - The big head seen in footage then, geez..

'Is the space jockey the man in the corner in one of the trailer pics?' - Probably not
Answer and source: An eight foot animatronic will be the space jockey - source to sky.com
If it was a human, then they wouldn't need animatronic.

According to rape scenes, mutation and so on - no sources, so why assume it? Just assumptions. The comic-con footage showed elizabeth shaw being examinated around her belly though. Here's an excerpt from a guy who has viewed the comic-con footage:
There is Charlize Theron on a table with bandages wrapped around her breasts, as though she's waking from hypersleep.

And then the footage gets faster and more furious, with a guy in a visor looking down at something, a woman in a suit walking into a red entryway, and a globe, and then Scott says, "The cast find an establishment which is not what they expected it to be, it's a civilization but what we find in it is very uncivilized behavior." And then there is insane carnage and people with goop inside their space helmets and someone shooting a flamethrower, and mayhem breaking loose in confined spaces. Meanwhile, Scott's voiceover is saying that there will be biomechanoids and the film will "break new ground." We see a giant pale planet with rings around it."

Biomechanoids confirmed, bandages.. the scenes we've seen from the trailer? Probably not mutation in the scene with holloway and the helmet, as they walk around with goop inside their helmets.

My take on the plot

They arrive at the planet. They drive out the temple, find the urns. David takes one of them back to the spaceship for investigation. Meanwhile, the rest of the team continue to investigate the site, when the shit goes down with the goo in the helmets. The urn, which is now in the spaceship, now infect certain team members which causes them to mutate/change. The giant head, which is the pilot/remnant of the space jockeys, pilots the jockey ship after it discovers that one of the urns are stolen, which is of course forbidden (stealing fire from the gods - prometheus).

The rest of the crew, who has survived the goo in helmet thingie, run in panic away from the temple, and drives back to their ship. Notice that its just one car back to the ship in trailer, while there are like 4 viechles going there. Shaw stands at the door to the viechle bay, and see everything just explode in a dust storm as the ship emerges / take off. They haven't noticed yet that jockey ship has emerged, just the storm/bad weather. Meanwhile, one of the crew members inside the ship have gotten infected due to davids urn, and jumps towards the surviving crew members from the temple as in the scene. He escapes and jumps into the jockey ship where we see his final form in one scene. Now the surving crew members are being analyzed and shaw is identified as having something in her abodomen, shit goes down in the ship for now.

Later more chaos begins, in which we see vickers jumping into an escape pod, the derelict ship crashing down probably due to prometheus crashing into it to destroy it.

Alot of gaps and holes to fills, but thats my take. Where xenos and the actual jockeys fit in, I don't know.

Steelmace

Steelmace

I think the debris on the ground is not the landing gear but the escape pods that in the earlier scene you see Charlize getting into the escape pod..so yeah she must have known and sabotaged it to hit the other ship.. but I really shouldn't look too much into it because I'd rather just experience it in the movie theater. lol don't wanna spoil it too much. Overall I think its going to be awesome.. while I agree I think it would be better to make the jockey's more mysterious or perhaps still dead and the other mutants are something else but still I like the direction their going.. it makes sense if the jockeys are the suits for the actual creator aliens. man its going to be awesome!

I think the Aliens themselves maybe are part of that riddle we hear about..what came first the chicken or the egg? I bet the facehuggers will have more to do with the story then the actual evolution into Aliens.

well Im sure evolution will be explained to but I mean they will focus on the beginning and facehuggers.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

As another member has already mentioned, the guy's mohawk is not a result of mutation.  You can see some kind of crew member with a mohawk in the above photo.

This is also not Holloway.  Not only does Holloway not have a mohawk, but in the promo stills, he has a special, "Mark II" (As seen on a sticker on his suit) design on his suit, which is different and more layered than David and Shaw's spacesuits.  Jumping mohawk man has a Mark I space suit in the screenshot - Holloway does not.

Holloway must get screwed in some other way.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 24, 2011, 01:41:31 AM
Some related analysis. There's something in background of the image they used for the official Youtube channel:

Looks like a claw to me.

I am thinking this and maybe the thing everyone thinks is a snake/worm/whatever, is actually the eagle logo you see at the beginning of the footage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed