Trailer is here! (HD downloads available)

Started by JaaayDee, Dec 22, 2011, 03:54:07 PM

What do you think of the trailer?

Love it.
50 (69.4%)
Pretty good.
13 (18.1%)
It's alright.
7 (9.7%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Horrible.
2 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Trailer is here! (HD downloads available) (Read 121,800 times)

psychonaut25

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Dec 25, 2011, 08:41:06 PM
Haha of course I was kidding. But if ur to think that all the movies are canon with each other, than I have to introduce u to my good friend predxeno. Hell fill u in   ;D

I'm out of picture now....

Xenomorphine

Cameron basically felt that it was a lot better than what he was expecting. In other words, he was pleasantly surprised.

I suspect he was imagining something a lot more superficial and comic-like (something very Michael Bay-ish), rather than a stab at grounding it in some sort of ominous historical mythos. Which, personally, I also liked. I think he probably understood what Anderson was attempting to do, even if he would have done it very differently.

Really, when you learn about how incredibly small the budget was, it's a marvel the film looked as good as it did. There are still clear problems in the narrative and it fails to emotionally engage most people, but when you realise they didn't even have enough money for all the characters to have separate flashlights... Seriously, they had to use camera tricks to make you think they had the budget for more than a couple of them.

I don't think the full story has yet come out about whether they had enough time for the schedule, either. I know that many of the problems with 'Requiem' looking rather crappy when it came to exterior action scenes, was because they literally had no time for more than one or two takes. We all know that the directors had some very bizarre ideas, but it makes you wonder if it would have at least looked better if they had been allowed the time they required for it.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: RumorControl on Dec 23, 2011, 02:35:49 AM
In Alien the derelict's two endpoints are pointing up and away from the ground:

In the trailer it seems clear that the ship crashes down onto the planet flat, because we see the endpoints hitting the ground.  Also I don't recall any structural damage visible on the derelict in Alien, while in the trailer the ship is being rocked by a big explosion.

Perhaps an even bigger reason why it can't be the same ship is that, if it is, then that means there are thousands of alien eggs on board which means the team will find them, and Scott has repeatedly said there are no aliens in this film.

random but i just about blew a load when i saw your avpr mst3 take, brings a tear to my eye

psychonaut25

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 26, 2011, 12:15:56 AM
Cameron basically felt that it was a lot better than what he was expecting. In other words, he was pleasantly surprised.

I suspect he was imagining something a lot more superficial and comic-like (something very Michael Bay-ish), rather than a stab at grounding it in some sort of ominous historical mythos. Which, personally, I also liked. I think he probably understood what Anderson was attempting to do, even if he would have done it very differently.

Really, when you learn about how incredibly small the budget was, it's a marvel the film looked as good as it did. There are still clear problems in the narrative and it fails to emotionally engage most people, but when you realise they didn't even have enough money for all the characters to have separate flashlights... Seriously, they had to use camera tricks to make you think they had the budget for more than a couple of them.

I don't think the full story has yet come out about whether they had enough time for the schedule, either. I know that many of the problems with 'Requiem' looking rather crappy when it came to exterior action scenes, was because they literally had no time for more than one or two takes. We all know that the directors had some very bizarre ideas, but it makes you wonder if it would have at least looked better if they had been allowed the time they required for it.

The problem with AVP's is money..nothing else...money and very little time for shooting. AVp1 is very good movie,of course it's nothing epic like Aliens but it's a very good movie, consodering the fact how little time the crew had and how low on the budget they were. And that's not a problem of a director but a studio (FOX).

DemonicD13

"Here's hoping Darkest Hour is no indication of what we can expect from screenwriter Jon Spaihts's next credit, the Alien spinoff Prometheus."

-The Hollywood Reporter

ThisBethesdaSea

I wonder if James Cameron has seen the trailer? I'd love to know what he thought.

psychonaut25

Quote from: DemonicD13 on Dec 26, 2011, 04:21:31 PM
"Here's hoping Darkest Hour is no indication of what we can expect from screenwriter Jon Spaihts's next credit, the Alien spinoff Prometheus."

-The Hollywood Reporter

But Ridley is involved....

Alienseseses

And isn't Prometheus written mostly by Damon Lindeloff?

Never say no to Panda!

Hopefully not  :o

ThisBethesdaSea

Prometheus was initially written by Spaihts....Lindelof came in and rewrote the script keeping some of the bones of the story that Spaihts wrote.

Lindelof also went to great lengths to say that he crafted the story around Ridleys ideas.

Wobblyboddle77

A v P had multiple problems. a low budget yes, demands from fox of it being pg-13, having a below average director like Paul    W S Anderson, the predators looked too big clumsy and cumbersome compared to the classic sleek looking depictions from predator 1 and 2. The speeding up of the xenomorph reproductive and growth cycle, the queen looked great but run like T rex from J park, fox adding cg  blood for the dvd release felt like a cash in stunt, it goes to show how business like fox is now and out've touch with it's viewing audience it is. The only thing AVP R got right was how much more sleek the predator looked. That's one of the reasons i'm concerned about Prometheus bad decision making, the anaemic Dr Manhatten lookalike and this PG-13 rating caper and that jumping mutant thing that resembled something from the resident evil films just dosen't sit well with me. The sets look amazing though, the ships look superb and when the engineers/jockeys craft crashing whilst the two crew members are running looks stunning and it looks like we're in for some damn brilliant acting too, Rapace was superb in the millenium trilogy and Fassbender is simply hitting his peek at the moment, Theron is great and Logan Marshall Green is pretty good too. I'm just still dubious about the above elements i picked up on and concerned about weather Fox are gonna stick their oar in and completely tarnish potentially one of Scotts greatest creations.Only time will tell. It's good to see Dr Manhatten is still getting work though after Watchmen.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Anemic looking Dr. Manhattan....based off of an image that's barely there, even at 1080p??? Are you looking for things not to like? I'm not saying that everything in Prometheus will be perfect and awesome, not at all...but showing pessimism based off of FRAMES of content that is without context seems a bit premature no?

Judge what you see based on an the entire film. Please?

Mus

It's a trailer. It's supposed to make us get excited about it. Surely it can go both ways?

higherprimate

higherprimate

So I just went to see the girl with the dragon tattoo, Great movie but of course i was looking foreward to the trailer! They didnt have it lol I was upset anyone else seen it with the movie?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: higherprimate on Dec 27, 2011, 12:00:38 AM
So I just went to see the girl with the dragon tattoo, Great movie but of course i was looking foreward to the trailer! They didnt have it lol I was upset anyone else seen it with the movie?
Topics merged.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed