Full Trailer Online (Cam recording)

Started by ikarop, Dec 21, 2011, 02:02:28 AM

Author
Full Trailer Online (Cam recording) (Read 68,330 times)

Engineer1

I'm not against it as long as it stays an alternate universe to Alien and Predators movies and that they decide to write a good script. The original comic book would have made a pretty good flick.

hardcorps54

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 11:17:05 PM
I'm not against it as long as it stays an alternate universe to Alien and Predators movies and that they decide to write a good script. The original comic book would have made a pretty good flick.

i agree , the comic would be ace as a movie

psychonaut25

Quote from: hardcorps54 on Dec 21, 2011, 11:19:42 PM

But if there is another AVP, I think Jockeys will be involved....

JayHy17

I doubt they will consider another AvP. The title alone will turn people away. If Prometheus does well, Fox will prob want Scott to do another. I wouldnt mind another AvP, set in space, with lots of Colonial Marines. Predators did it, and made money. So it could be done...

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 21, 2011, 11:21:30 PM

Peter Briggs's script was highly rated...I wasn't so keen, but it was a damn sight better than Paul Anderson's disgrace and I try not to talk about the Strauss Brothers :s lol

Michael Bay with Cameron producing maybe? It's more their kind of project (thinking merchandising). Justin Lin and Guillermo del Toro are worth a shout too. Personally, I think it might be some time before we see AVP again...there's more chance of a straight reboot of Alien if Prometheus goes down well.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Dec 22, 2011, 12:32:25 AM

Peter Briggs's script was highly rated...I wasn't so keen, but it was a damn sight better than Paul Anderson's disgrace and I try not to talk about the Strauss Brothers :s lol

Michael Bay with Cameron producing maybe? It's more their kind of project (thinking merchandising). Justin Lin and Guillermo del Toro are worth a shout too. Personally, I think it might be some time before we see AVP again...there's more chance of a straight reboot of Alien if Prometheus goes down well.

Who in hell wants another Michael bay movie????

psychonaut25

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 22, 2011, 12:43:14 AM

Michael Bay makes explosions, not movies...

Game_Over_Man

True, I certainly don't  - but I'm sure Fox would see AVP still as a kids toy franchise rather than a horror project. Replacing giant robots with alien hunters...there's money to be made if it's done right. Transformers, despite being terrible narrative, have made over a billion dollars between them. Bay makes than kinda shit, successful shit  :-\

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Dec 22, 2011, 12:56:19 AM

True, I certainly don't  - but I'm sure Fox would see AVP still as a kids toy franchise rather than a horror project. Replacing giant robots with alien hunters...there's money to be made if it's done right. Transformers, despite being terrible narrative, have made over a billion dollars between them. Bay makes than kinda shit, successful shit  :-\

Maybe it's my age but I find really hard to understand what is happening in all those transformer movies....Plotwise are absurd, and actionwise It's impossible to discern who is who, who is beating what, what is where etc...give me headaches....

Anyway, I hope there are no more Alien movies or more AVP movies...You are not going to do nothing better than Alien and ALiens. Prometheus well...its a diferent story.

Engineer1

Engineer1

I reassure you it's not your age.
It's mostly the result of bad design, too many pieces you can't make where a robot ends and the other begins when they fight, plus bad fast editing.
It's sad because Bay do have some good composition skills, but he confuses intensity with speed.
As for the scripts well it clear that Bay don't give a rat's ass about them he just want to blow shit up.
I like watching Bay movies because of their epic proportions when it comes to action and because of some show off money shots.
If i want something that is more carefully crafted as an action movie i'll go watch Cameron, Verhoeven, Mactiernan, etc...
Bay is the junk food of action cinema.
But i prefer him to the hack duo, Favreau and Ratner.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 22, 2011, 01:31:41 AM
I reassure you it's not your age.
It's mostly the result of bad design, too many pieces you can't make where a robot ends and the other begins when they fight, plus bad fast editing.
It's sad because Bay do have some good composition skills, but he confuses intensity with speed.
As for the scripts well it clear that Bay don't give a rat's ass about them he just want to blow shit up.
I like watching Bay movies because of their epic proportions when it comes to action and because of some show off money shots.
If i want something that is more carefully crafted as an action movie i'll go watch Cameron, Verhoeven, Mactiernan, etc...

After Titanic and Avatar, I just wish cameron goes blind....

Engineer1

Engineer1

Well these are not my favorite Cameron movies but the guy is still the master when it comes to direct.
Whatever you think of AVATAR story or alien designs (the human gear design just plain rules in my taste), the action is beautifully shot.

The only problem i see Cameron has is that to make his epic gazillion millions dollars movies he has tolet go some of his harder side. The AVATAR original treatment is more rough and violent,but he had to tame it to get the budget he wanted.
He play the game, and still manages to give me goosepumps.
I mean take the same story and give it to Bay or any other action director you would probably have a really big turd in the end... But you might think it's already that  ;D

Xenomorphine

Quote from: JayHy17 on Dec 22, 2011, 12:29:47 AM
I doubt they will consider another AvP. The title alone will turn people away. If Prometheus does well, Fox will prob want Scott to do another. I wouldnt mind another AvP, set in space, with lots of Colonial Marines. Predators did it, and made money. So it could be done...

Simply including a military aspect isn't any guarantee of quality. It has to be handled by a director who can make them plausible.

Just look at 'Alien Resurrection' and 'Requiem'.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: TWAK on Dec 21, 2011, 03:27:23 AM
Quote from: m138jewski on Dec 21, 2011, 03:17:25 AM
hmmm

The guy standing at "S". Is that a human?
So I was just thinking that the Engineer is basically this guy?

Same guy as in the unused HR Giger life cycle mural from Alien.

r888

r888

This looks really, really good.

Not enough of space jockey but still awesome

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed