"The Prometheus" (Ship)

Started by Space Jockey King, Dec 21, 2011, 01:29:28 AM

Author
"The Prometheus" (Ship) (Read 5,972 times)

Infected

Infected

If you look closely you can see its a big motherf.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

The narcissus also had the blue lights.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I still love the Nostromo more

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

It looks great , and i can see where they are making similarities to Alien regarding the ships architecture, but at the same time i also see your point about the blue effect of the thrusters being used commonly in science fiction films and those movie posters pretty much show you are spot on. It will be interesting to see how this all looks in 3D, what i have recognised in the trailer is where Scott has pulled the camera right back and we can see how tiny the ship is compared to the scale of the planet, i'm not the greatest fan of 3D, but shots like that will look amazing and i wouldn't be surprised if Jim Cameron has given Scott some pointers of the most creative ways to best utilise the 3D cameras. I have always appreciated the ship designs in the Alien films.

Psycho

Psycho

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 02:38:17 AM
Seem small to me to be the Prometheus.
When you check the size of the hangar and pf the vehicules it seems more like a shuttle than the ship that traveled across the universe.
I think it's the Magellan shuttle.
However i like what i'm seeing, always love rotating, vtol like engines.

were only humans! we cannot build ships that are 5 miles long not now nor in 2080

we cant build ships that are miles long because it would take so much power to leave earths gravity

i like how the ship looks

Mus

Mus

Then build it in space.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I agree. Not to mention that in this fictitious universe they could've discovered some kind of extraterrestrial fuel that makes them able to lift it off Earth. Again, who knows? We're talking too much absolutes here.

Psycho

Psycho

Quote from: Mus on Dec 26, 2011, 11:14:55 PM
Then build it in space.

but than it would take much longer to build it

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Psycho on Dec 26, 2011, 11:56:37 PM
but than it would take much longer to build it

It may also be a matter of who is putting money into Aerospace and solar system exploration, and business in space. If there's a lot more money being put into the idea of space travel, and we've discovered technologies and ways of doing things that are far more effecient and energy saving, then it's entirely possible that these ships could exist. What is essentially needed is the equivalant of the industrial revolution, but in space.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed