FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 144,651 times)

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 21, 2011, 05:55:49 AM
Rothman went out of his way to say that PROMETHEUS is not a classic prequel to ALIEN and yet, theyre presenting the title in the same way the title for ALIEN was presented using the same haunted siren...Fox IS selling this as ALIEN, believe it. They should figure out what they're after because people will be confused as to what they'll be seeing.

dude, you can clearly see the Jockey-Chair and the Derelict in the trailer, it IS a prequel to Alien no matter what anyone says.

atlantis

atlantis

I totaly agree with you  :)

Quote from: AvatarIII on Dec 21, 2011, 09:18:43 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 21, 2011, 05:55:49 AM
Rothman went out of his way to say that PROMETHEUS is not a classic prequel to ALIEN and yet, theyre presenting the title in the same way the title for ALIEN was presented using the same haunted siren...Fox IS selling this as ALIEN, believe it. They should figure out what they're after because people will be confused as to what they'll be seeing.

dude, you can clearly see the Jockey-Chair and the Derelict in the trailer, it IS a prequel to Alien no matter what anyone says.

psychonaut25

Pause at 0:32...they are examining Space Jockey's head... :o

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 21, 2011, 09:52:23 AM

...or statue of Space Jockey's head.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 20, 2011, 11:29:41 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:16:48 PMmutation is definitly in...

But hasn't mutation been done to death? It is an ongoing trope in film after film, television show after television show. It's just not scary or disturbing IMO. If Ridley is saying that the alien isn't scary anymore, surely human mutation is even less scary? And people turning into aliens... Pffft.

An infection of some kind could work, but the crew busting out of their clothes and transforming into monsters? Might as well of cast MJ!

-Chris

I agree
I'm totally bored of unscary mutation movies and anything featuring zombies
Neither scary  nor interesting, just look at the totally ridiculous and laughable CGI creatures in 'The Thing Prequel' - that movie was an out and out comedy in some places, almost purely due to the hilariously bad effects and ludicrous looking 'multi-mutating monster'

I agree that I could be ok with the 'infection' idea if its done well, but please no overblown, unbelievable looking, CGI-heavy 'transformations'

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Glaive on Dec 21, 2011, 10:33:10 AM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 21, 2011, 09:52:23 AM

It's a jockey's head =D love the trailer. Also seeing the jockey chair rising from the ground is awesome.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Glaive on Dec 21, 2011, 10:33:10 AM

Or just something which used to have two eyes.

psychonaut25

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 21, 2011, 11:13:14 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 20, 2011, 11:29:41 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:16:48 PMmutation is definitly in...

But hasn't mutation been done to death? It is an ongoing trope in film after film, television show after television show. It's just not scary or disturbing IMO. If Ridley is saying that the alien isn't scary anymore, surely human mutation is even less scary? And people turning into aliens... Pffft.

An infection of some kind could work, but the crew busting out of their clothes and transforming into monsters? Might as well of cast MJ!

-Chris

I agree
I'm totally bored of unscary mutation movies and anything featuring zombies
Neither scary  nor interesting, just look at the totally ridiculous and laughable CGI creatures in 'The Thing Prequel' - that movie was an out and out comedy in some places, almost purely due to the hilariously bad effects and ludicrous looking 'multi-mutating monster'

I agree that I could be ok with the 'infection' idea if its done well, but please no overblown, unbelievable looking, CGI-heavy 'transformations'

Mutation? Zombies? Hey, this is Ridley Scott, not George Romero...

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Space Jockey King on Dec 21, 2011, 01:20:48 AM
http://[img width=600 height=337]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1613/vlcsnap2011121919h50m37.png[/img]

So what is this type of organism then ?

Xeno DNA ?

SJ DNA?

baby SJ?

Who knows...

Dont know about you guys but if you look at the top carefully you can see little fingers:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/josh_axey/prometheus-countdown-inthreedays_h1080pmov_snapshot_0018_20111220_163253.jpg

I think the urns contain specimans of species from many other worlds...

ThisBethesdaSea

Case in point....zombies have been done to death, and yet, there's this little series called The Walking Dead that's reinvigorated the genre and have made zombies scary again.

Logic. Reason.

Melmoth

Melmoth

The picture quality of the two teasers is pretty bad (even in 1080p). I hope the final trailer will be uploaded in better quality. For example, take a look at the first teaser ("In three days") 0:13 in 1080p: (1) It seems as if the picture was upscaled (2) the compression is very high = a lot of artifacts.

This screenshot was taken from the official apple movie trailer version of "In three days" in 1080p:

I want the trailer in crystal clear 1080p.  8)

BTW: I there an easy way to download apple trailers to disc, without buying the quicktime player PRO? I downloaded the quicktime player only because of the Prometheus trailer. It has no fullscreen mode !?  >:(

Infected

Infected

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Dec 19, 2011, 10:31:12 PM
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc377/BatChainPuller/Whodat.png

What is that ? A follower/Mechanic ? He looks to have a "beard" or what's left of it.
Maybe it's the first stage of a transformation.
I think this is an engineer/jockey in its original form.
But f**ked from a fight or burn with the humans but he is portraited in the movie much larger.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Infected on Dec 21, 2011, 02:08:53 PM

What is that ? A follower/Mechanic ? He looks to have a "beard" or what's left of it.
But f**ked from a fight or burn with the humans but he is portraited in the movie much larger.

but he's seems to wear the same uniform as the crew use to wear.

Quote from: Melmoth on Dec 21, 2011, 02:08:24 PM
The picture quality of the two teasers is pretty bad (even in 1080p). I hope the final trailer will be uploaded in better quality. For example, take a look at the first teaser ("In three days") 0:13 in 1080p: (1) It seems as if the picture was upscaled (2) the compression is very high = a lot of artifacts.

This screenshot was taken from the official apple movie trailer version of "In three days" in 1080p:

I want the trailer in crystal clear 1080p.  8)

BTW: I there an easy way to download apple trailers to disc, without buying the quicktime player PRO? I downloaded the quicktime player only because of the Prometheus trailer. It has no fullscreen mode !?  >:(

You can get a free converter that can convert to AVI, that's what i use, convert to AVI and then put on a mem stick into my PS3, bam!
http://www.redkawa.com/videoconverters/ps3video9/

can take quite a while to convert though if you want everything to stay very high quality, but it's worth it.

Engineer1

Engineer1

AGAIN with the IT IS/IT IS NOT a prequel.
Tecnically speaking it's not, no characters from ALIEN is here (the dead SJ is NOT in PROMETHEUS, nor the Derelict, we get members of the same race and a same class ship) and the event will not lead to the Nostromo nor the Derelict crash.
Now save from the people who know ALIEN and who are fans, the average audience do not see the hint to ALIEN.
The way the tittle appears, the music etc....
WE do! It's a gift to the fans who will spread the word that the movie is actually related to ALIEN.
Scott don't want to redo ALIEN neither use the original xenos.
The trailer is very ALIEN like storywise, a ship land on an alien planet, they explore, stumble on some shit, monsters are on the loose... It's just a trick to make us fan root for it (and usually it's to serve the same stuff again and again as hollywood usually do) we will feel in familiar ground then he will rip the rug from under our feets and take us somewhere else..
Also from a marketing point of view they dont want to call it ALIEN because the franchise is dead in the water and also Alien = AVP in the mind of the average movie goer and the new generation that Fox wants to bring in the theatres.

Quote from: Kol on Dec 21, 2011, 02:11:51 PM
Quote from: Infected on Dec 21, 2011, 02:08:53 PM

but he's seems to wear the same uniform as the crew use to wear.

He's a crew member that get infected, mutated.
You can see him jumping on the flamethrower dude with his suit on.
My take is that he's either one of the many f**ks up that the ampules/vials causes or tranforming himself into an Engineer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed