FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 144,650 times)

Bigticket

Bigticket

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 19, 2011, 10:02:56 PM
This construct looks to be in a smaller room than what we've seen - the 'brains' of the giant head maybe?

Spoiler
[close]

-Chris

looks like someone is standing in the middle of hologram, so the whole thing is pretty big

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: zuzuki on Dec 19, 2011, 11:16:08 PM
those are some big ass engines/reactors. i'm noticing they land on a planet with a moon,or the moon of a planet.but lindelof said it's not taking place on lv-428 :-\

So? Most planets have moons.

ikarop

ikarop

Looks like the trailer will be attached to the Girl with the Dragon tattoo too:

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 19, 2011, 11:15:07 PM
Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 19, 2011, 11:06:10 PM
but nowhere in any of those rumours does it say that holograph is on earth. it could be anywhere and of anything. so just my opinion but there's nothing to object to at this moment!.

and you infered it by what you said about it being designed to show humans something, but anyway, even if that is on earth it may still be depicting another system in another galaxy, we have no idea of its context at all yet, and im quite sure ridley wont be stupid enough to get our own solar system wrong!

thanks

rich

Rich, with all due respect, you are missing the "science" behind this position.  Any map, AND ESPECIALLY a map meant to explain coordinates/direction/destination to an alien race, you need to use a known point of reference.  If the Space Jockey race was leaving "clues" for humanity to follow, it's map would be based upon some point of reference, which would be easily understood by humanity.  The obvious point of "reference" would be Sol (our Sun).  Without a point of reference, from which humanity could make associations from, the map could represent ANY arbitrary stellar system.  Why is this so hard to understand?

if you lower the frame rate in the video you will notice that in the center of the room and the holographic planet there is one of the astronauts in a suit,minus the helmet.also the walls in the room are the one from the space jockey room, with columns near the wall in the right and left of the screen.also the floor seems to be like the one in the space jockey room. my guess is the room we see them enter

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 19, 2011, 11:18:54 PM
Looks like the trailer will be attached to the Girl with the Dragon tattoo too:

http://p.twimg.com/AhEDvksCIAEdRpD.jpg

8) hawt damn.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 19, 2011, 11:18:09 PM
What he was saying is that there is nothing to suggest that this map has anything to do with leading humans anywhere. You are assuming the maps purpose and then deducing that it is 'all wrong' because of your assumption.

-Chris

Chris, I admitted this "assumption" in my original post.  However, I do believe that the assumption is correct, given all the information we have received so far.  The archaelogical team finds "something" that points them to a particular interstellar system.  I PRESUME that the "hologram" we glimpse in the trailer is a graphical representation of just such a "map".  If I am wrong, then I will be very surprised.

T Dog

T Dog

Hey just noticed.

In the clip of the burned guy going up in the air.

Off screen to the right there is  an arm in what looks like a black robe of sorts. The arm and hand raises up in exact motion with how the burned guy is raising up. So is it the Engineer actor off camera preparing for a scene where they throw somebody via telepathic power or using alien technology?

Svarog

Svarog

I bet this movie would make Bay,Emmerich,Lucas,Spielberg,Anderson,Rodriguez to cry like little babies....

...and to make Strauss Bross and Salerno to give up filmmaking\writting....

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 19, 2011, 11:18:49 PM
So? Most planets have moons.

Well, if you were going upon the data of our own Solar System, then the answer is yes:

Planets with moons:

Earth
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto (although Pluto-Charon could almost be classified as a dual "dwarf" planetary system")

Recently, it has been discovered that the Pluto-Charon system has at least two additional moons

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 19, 2011, 10:37:41 PM
Are you guys sure that this is the right footage to the film?  The trailers for the other Alien films had at least a sign of the xenomorph in it.  There wasn't anything remotely resembling aliens in this teaser. 

???

Scott said that the original alien not going to appear in prometheus ;) and im glad to hear that...its time to something fresh, to something new, to something more terrifying, to something more bizzare. The universe, the actors and the director is given. :) I am hopeful.

And i love that he says "im back" and "its epic"  ;D

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Svarog on Dec 19, 2011, 11:26:37 PM
...and to make Strauss Bross and Salerno to give up filmmaking\writting....

Only if that where true. The strause brothers never get a big opportunity again so i'm not scared of them being in the movie bussiness. But Salerno is a whole other story. Please ban that guy from hollywood. He ruins everything he touches.

szkoki

szkoki

1 thing got me....we had seen Shaw alive in some screencaps and they had actions in it and the exploration and so on...but we have to admit that Shaw will have something in her belly probably an alien lifeform...so wtf? The main character will die or that footage is part of the end of the movie and why would you put such kind of footage in the trailer spoiling the death of one of the main characters....now im just not sure she is going to die  ??? but then what the hell is happening to her???  :o

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 19, 2011, 11:43:32 PM
1 thing got me....we had seen Shaw alive in some screencaps and they had actions in it and the exploration and so on...but we have to admit that Shaw will have something in her belly probably an alien lifeform...so wtf? The main character will die or that footage is part of the end of the movie and why would you put such kind of footage in the trailer spoiling the death of one of the main characters....now im just not sure she is going to die  ??? but then what the hell is happening to her???  :o

You're assuming that whatever is inside of her kills her. For all we know whatever she gives "birth" to she could survive, with just some incredible emotional/mental trauma. Imagine what it would have been like for Kane had he been able to survive the spawning of the Chestburster.

Just a thought.

rbenchley

rbenchley

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 19, 2011, 11:24:15 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 19, 2011, 11:18:09 PM
What he was saying is that there is nothing to suggest that this map has anything to do with leading humans anywhere. You are assuming the maps purpose and then deducing that it is 'all wrong' because of your assumption.

-Chris

Chris, I admitted this "assumption" in my original post.  However, I do believe that the assumption is correct, given all the information we have received so far.  The archaelogical team finds "something" that points them to a particular interstellar system.  I PRESUME that the "hologram" we glimpse in the trailer is a graphical representation of just such a "map".  If I am wrong, then I will be very surprised.

It make sense that the hologram is the map the crew uses, but perhaps what we're looking at is the equivalent of a zoomed-in view on Google Earth, and we're only seeing the final destination, not the entire map.  There might be additional footage of a star map that makes more sense from a scientific standpoint.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Wait a minute, the thing being pulled out of the ampule has a trunk? So that's an adult space jockey? I remember reading that the space jockey children were huge. So the one found on the derelict was just a baby?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed