First Official Prometheus Poster

Started by Darkness, Dec 14, 2011, 07:01:45 PM

Author
First Official Prometheus Poster (Read 52,092 times)

atlantis

atlantis

Excellent spoken....
[/b]

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 15, 2011, 01:39:39 PM
We're in such dangerous territory now. There is so much expectation for Prometheus, so even if it's amazing, will we be able to gage it accurately?

Because of where technology is at the moment, there's not much we haven't seen....every kind of creature imaginable, every kind of space ship, landscape, etc.... What can Prometheus show us that we haven't seen? What can it tell us that we haven't guessed based off watching so many films between this release and since it's sister film A L I E N released 30+ years ago? Even the poster for Prometheus evokes other films, and yet, the poster for A L I E N is what inspired the likes of The Fly, Mimic, etc...

Ridley Scott has made a pretty bold move, and he's taking a huge risk...returning to a genre he helped to define while at the same time trying to craft a film for an audience that's seen everything, including a beloved series (Alien saga) go right down the toilet as fans have watched in frustrated disgust as what was once brilliant became complete mediocrity. That's a big mountain to climb. I raise my glass to Ridley Scott, may the film exceed my expectations.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Take out the nails from his face and it looks like the giant head with all those lines and ridges on his cheeks, nose and forehead

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ThisBethesdaSea

As does every bald white man...

aliennaire

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 15, 2011, 12:23:29 PM
Sorry, I meant behind the letter 'M'.

Yes, now I see, what you meant! Under her left hand and above the M letter, there is a round object, ideally round to be a head, probably it's a helmet, whereas it can be only a collage of images, placed together for the poster's sake.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Found Waldo yet?

Dirty Harry

Very Good! :o

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 15, 2011, 09:07:52 AM

You can now clearly see the top of the head is domed, so maybe the picture (below) isn't from the top after all. UNLESS the domed head opens at what appears to be a 'split' (indicated) around the forehead.

Any thoughts???

Funny how stuff that i said month ago are coming back now ^^
The had housing the Engineer's pilot seat/cryo rack is even in the PARADISE synopsis but from the other pics of the head it doesnt seem to be a platform on it, it's quite round not flat enough.

Dirty Harry

No Giger´s name in the poster credits...

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 15, 2011, 03:07:44 PM
Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 15, 2011, 09:07:52 AM

You can now clearly see the top of the head is domed, so maybe the picture (below) isn't from the top after all. UNLESS the domed head opens at what appears to be a 'split' (indicated) around the forehead.

Any thoughts???

Funny how stuff that i said month ago are coming back now ^^
The had housing the Engineer's pilot seat/cryo rack is even in the PARADISE synopsis but from the other pics of the head it doesnt seem to be a platform on it, it's quite round not flat enough.

also in the pics the head is in the center of the room,an in other pictures we see someone with a flashlight coming from a tunnel on that platform thing.so i think it's 2 separate things.the jockey chair comes up in another room not the one with the head

QuoteAs does every bald white man...

not evey white man has ridges on his head :)

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: Ivymike on Dec 15, 2011, 03:14:19 PM
No Giger´s name in the poster credits...

Well it's normal at this point.
You never get the name of the concepts artists on the posters.
He will get credits for the original ALIEN designs and a consultant/advisor forPROMETHEUS.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

consultant/advisor
:'(
If there were any justice in this world, Giger would receive full power on the Alien creatures in this film.That head has nothing with Giger.
However,only the official trailer will give us a true veredict about this film.

Waiting,waiting,waiting,waiting...

invertyourcross

Here is a tweaked version of the poster, reveals some stuff more clearly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36021219@N06/6516111143/#

Engineer1

Engineer1

To me it does.
But a tame version of Giger's work.
The crazyness is missing.
Well we will see.

I like the head.
It's very METAL HURLANT ^^

ThisBethesdaSea

It's awesome...and it doesn't feel tame to me. It's a head. A lot of Gigers full on human heads (unless they're women) are just like that.

CAN'T WAIT!

So, is the consensus that the trailer will be on Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

looks like the head might open up, or perhaps that light may just be the astronaut's flashlight

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed