Facehuggers in AVP2

Started by gameoverman, Aug 16, 2007, 05:45:07 AM

Author
Facehuggers in AVP2 (Read 14,775 times)

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: KillingJoke on Aug 16, 2007, 06:20:04 PM
Quotean alien moving along that has a facehugger riding on its head, skitting around the dome constantly until the alien passes by a potential host and the 'hugger finally leaps off.  I'd like to see that in a movie someday. 

What...the...f**k...?

Thank God they took that out of the movie.

Please to be explaining how this is not an awesome visual.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I did ask the directors if we might see some 'creative' use of the facehuggers and chestbursters this time, as with Ripley and Newt, but there was no reply.

Quote from: gameoverman on Aug 16, 2007, 06:06:48 AM
I think that most directors have shied away from showing too much of the facehuggers because of the face rape concept.

Anderson did plenty of that. :)

I was disappointed they didn't show the sacrificial maiden from the side after it moved over her face, however. It would have been more horrific to see the very last of her expression before it covered her completely, with the sight of that tube sliding out, too.

Am not sure why that director had them moving slow. It was probably to emphasis the creeping horror stuff, but he should have realised the movement didn't look realistic and then switched it for how they acted with Ripley and Newt. Creeping up to gain position, but then leaping.

The clamping thing would work better with inertia behind it.

Yautja_Devil

Yautja_Devil

Yeah but remember that a facehugger only attacks if in danger, who was gonna stop the sacrifice? no-one so whats the point of moving fast

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Yautja_Devil on Aug 17, 2007, 11:34:32 AM
Yeah but remember that a facehugger only attacks if in danger, who was gonna stop the sacrifice? no-one so whats the point of moving fast

I don't think Ripley, Kane or Newt (free or cocooned) exhibited anything like the sort of behaviour expected of something threatening, in any way.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I was disappointed in the lack of facehugger action in AVPR.  Hopefully one day an Alien movie will once again exploit the true horror that is the facehugger.  Not this time around, however - only two scenes of them, and both were very short.  :(

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

I love that shot at the beginning where you see the facehugger scurrying through the forest at high speed. Quick but good.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteYeah, but thats what i hated about AVP, Verheiden or whatever his name was (redshirt #4) concious while being faceraped. 

In terms of continuity it's not too great but the thought of drifting in and out of conciousness while you're being impregnated is pretty disturbing to me.  I never liked the idea that you just instantly pass out when the hugger hits you either, I think I remember reading passages from the script that described Kane's experience as he was being hugged and it was creepy as hell.

deoxysdef

deoxysdef

Quote from: Huol on Aug 16, 2007, 05:57:51 AM
It'd be awesome if facehuggers came into a school.
Just imagine it:
A bunch of bored kids sit in front of a dull teacher, scribbling stuff on a blackboard.
All of a sudden a clattering is heard, like a rat scurrying across the floor.
A kid sticks his hand up and tells the teacher that he thinks theres a rat or something in the class.
The teacher tells him to ignore it, its more scared of him than he is of it. A couple kids giggle at that.
The kid is still uneverd, clattering noises sound every now and then, as he sticks up his hand to tell the teacher again, a facehugger leaps out of nowhere and clamps to his face. Everyone screams and more and more facehuggers start crawling in from open windows, vents, everywhere.
I prefer the last sentence to changed to : More facehuggers appear and start clamping onto the other kids and teacher's faces.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

I loved the facehugger sewer scene, didn't see that scene coming. The one guy was fighting the hugger, while the legs were moving like crazy, poor hobo, it was too late for him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed