Different Space Jockey ship?

Started by 180924609, Nov 29, 2011, 01:16:24 AM

Author
Different Space Jockey ship? (Read 3,565 times)

The distinctive U-shaped Space Jockey ship makes a welcome appearance in Prometheus - but I doubt it is the same ship as the derelict from Alien.

Reasons for this:

(1) Ridley and co. insisting this is not a direct prequel to Alien so this really cant be the LV426 'derelict crash incident'.

(2) The planet in Prometheus looks nothing like LV426.

(3) In the 1st leaked trailer:
We saw what appeared to be a jockey ship explosion in space shrouded by 'tendrils' (more on that later). But if you look very carefully at the right 'leg' of the U shape, it doesnt have the downward pointing 'cone' section at the end. 

(4) In the 2nd leaked trailer:
It appears that the jockey ship crash landing ends up with it being *upside down* after it topples over (i.e. the 3 vaginal entrances are at the top!). Check out the 'aerial view' of the SJ ship sitting vertical on the ground but clearly at an angle about to fall over. Another hint for this is that we see a scene of poor noomi upside down - is she 'flying' the SJ ship in a climactic heroic act?

About the 'tendrils' - it appears they are the trails of something being jettisoned *from* the ship! Surely that cant just be random debris - the distinct and highly persistant trails look like they have some purpose. Is this the fabled bomber/seeding action that the SJ ship was meant to have all along? The 'white hot' missiles at the end of the trails do look about the same size as the ampules...

Deuterium

Deuterium

And you saw all of that in....what exactly???

I think I saw Elvis somewhere in that trailer...but the mind does play tricks.

Some Mothers Do Have Em!

Yeah I couldn't make head or toe of the one I just watched.

Terx2

Terx2

Maybe each ship is unique to the pilot of the ship :-\

Kimo

Kimo

The only problem i have with the Ship being the same in both Prometheus and Alien is that the Derelict or at least the Jockey inside the Derelict looks like its been fossilised and been marooned on LV426 for alot longer then when Prometheus takes place. But maybe harsh environmental weather could of speed up the process making it still the same ship from Alien. But its more likely to be another jockey space ship imo... but who knows im happy with whatever.

Never say no to Panda!

Maybe it was real fossilisation...don't forget, Lindelof is in => timetravel!  :-\

SM

SM

And maybe the Jockey was never fossilised at all.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Exactly! I guess we had this discussion a few hundred times  :laugh:
I guess whe should be happy that he didn't say "Looks like sh*t!" when he saw the SJ  :D

Kimo

Kimo

True SM but everytime i watched Alien it always seemed to me that the ship was very old. But this is personal preference.

MAYBE its that time of the month for the you know what????? HAHA THE NUMBER ONE TOPIC.
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Na just pulling ya leg mate. :) It dont look like an Alien to me no matter how much i look at this picture. but still i think the Derelict is old. will just have to wait for Prometheus to find out.
[close]

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Where do you people even see these trailers...?  I am always looking for them and I only find student films.

AncientPred

AncientPred

the explosion to me looked like every catastrophic failure of spacecraft launches in history. check out youtube and you'll see what i mean.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You know those damn tendrils were probably added to the derelict for the 3D effect.

:(

Eldritch

Eldritch

To me, the "tendrils" look more like black smoke from the debris, debris that we see land on a planet where two people in space suits are running, all the while a looming shadow grows over them (the actual ship coming down?).

SM

SM

QuoteExactly! I guess we had this discussion a few hundred times

Nah.  Gotta be a lot more times than that.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Eldritch on Nov 29, 2011, 09:02:51 AM
To me, the "tendrils" look more like black smoke from the debris, debris that we see land on a planet where two people in space suits are running, all the while a looming shadow grows over them (the actual ship coming down?).
Yea that's what they are but I think they were over exaggerated to accommodate 3D.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed