Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 08:39:19 PM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 157,857 times)

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: unkle73 on Dec 06, 2011, 01:25:49 AM
Thanks for the link. Superb.
Is this the only trailer to have been leaked this far? I'm just wondering if the trailer from ComiCon was ever leaked.

yeah it was out there briefly

i remember seeing it

it bore only a vague resemblance to the 2 most recent 'leaks'

Wobblyboddle77

Blade 2 uses horrible cgi at the start when he's sword fighting those two vampires under the lamps, but it's still a good film. Cgi
can be useful depending how it's done. Alot of prometheus is practical sets but having cg used for the creatures and the ship effects dosen't bother me too much. 3D i'm unsure of at present, but it's gonna take a few more films to convince me, clash of the titans 3D was terrible and rushed during post production just to satisfy a quick box office cash grab. However the 3d in Avatar shows what can be achieved when done correctly by using the right equipment.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Apparently Fox has delayed the official trailer release due to the leak:
QuoteThis probably isn't the most surprising news, but it seems that the recent leak of the Prometheus trailer threw Fox's plans a little off course, to the extent, I've been told, that the official release has been pushed back.

The precise reason for the delay is not clear, but, if the leak hadn't occured, there's even a chance we could have seen in glorious HD already.

Given the overwelmingley positive reaction that the trailer received, let's hope they just want to spend a bit more time fine-tuning things. As rough as the trailer looked, and despite being a work in progress, it did make a great job of setting the tone and scale of the film, and certainly got fans' juices flowing. Fingers crossed they won't tamper too much!

I'm trying to confirm what the new date will be, but I am confident we'll see it before Christmas.
http://www.prometheusmovienews.com/2011/12/confirmed-fox-postpone-official-prometheus-trailer-release-following-recent-leak/

Highland

Highland

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 07, 2011, 01:45:29 AM
Apparently Fox has delayed the official trailer release due to the leak:
QuoteThis probably isn't the most surprising news, but it seems that the recent leak of the Prometheus trailer threw Fox's plans a little off course, to the extent, I've been told, that the official release has been pushed back.

The precise reason for the delay is not clear, but, if the leak hadn't occured, there's even a chance we could have seen in glorious HD already.

Given the overwelmingley positive reaction that the trailer received, let's hope they just want to spend a bit more time fine-tuning things. As rough as the trailer looked, and despite being a work in progress, it did make a great job of setting the tone and scale of the film, and certainly got fans' juices flowing. Fingers crossed they won't tamper too much!

I'm trying to confirm what the new date will be, but I am confident we'll see it before Christmas.
http://www.prometheusmovienews.com/2011/12/confirmed-fox-postpone-official-prometheus-trailer-release-following-recent-leak/

Sounds like complete hyperbole at the highest level.

They have nothing to gain and nothing to loose by showing the trailer as planned. Shit happens. They seriously could not expect to show an online screener and not have it get it out.

Put it this way, what do they loose in any aspect? Nothing, if anything it's building hype.

m138jewski

m138jewski

AndroidDavid

Santa will not deliever! :(

chupacabras acheronsis

like we don't know they allowed it to leak just for that anyways.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Oh deary deary me if true, let's hope they don't tinker around with this trailer too much, personally i think they will re edit and change the trailer score to remove it from alien more so it shows the film represents itself fox are very cagey about this trailer leak, and remember Rothman said we have yet to see the trailer in 3D, i'm thinking early january for this trailer. But hey we have all seen it regardless and it got us all stoked for the film.

ThisBethesdaSea

Bullshit. Anyone actually read that? The only thing that saw in those words is "I heard" No source, no citation, no back up. This is complete and utter hogwash.

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 07, 2011, 04:42:47 AM
Bullshit. Anyone actually read that? The only thing that saw in those words is "I heard" No source, no citation, no back up. This is complete and utter hogwash.

[troll]
I dunno, it might actually be phoney balogne... ;)
[/troll]

Wobblyboddle77

i hope so too.

weylandchronicles

Time for a quick clarification/correction...

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 07, 2011, 04:42:47 AM
Bullshit. Anyone actually read that?

Not you, obviously...

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 07, 2011, 04:42:47 AMThe only thing that saw in those words is "I heard"

What I actually wrote was 'I have been told'. Which I was, first hand, by someone with direct knowledge of the situation. Obviously I'm not going to name the person who told me, just as sources of news on AvPG, Alien Prequel News and other sites remain un-named.

If I had any doubts about what I'd been told I wouldn't have reported it, and I stand by it, as I have always and will always do if I see or directly receive information that I am happy is genuine. Of course, you can feel free to believe or dis-believe it. I really don't care.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Sometimes, it seems to me, that these leaks are being leaked on purpose.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Reporting/Journalism 101.....here goes.....

Cite your sources, confirm your information. Because anyone can write anything on the internet and say it's true, accuracy and legitimacy is a must. If not, you'll start reading news items based off hearsay "I was told" "I heard" "my good friend."

I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls here, truly, I'm just sick of reading posts and entries from people who say they have pseudo-official knowledge but are unwilling and unable to produce any kind of corroborating evidence or contact info. Obviously, part of this comes down to deep throat contact who wish not to be named (which strangely is always the case lol).

When I was about 23, I had a dumb little online newsgroup called The Viper Pit, which I started as the build up for Alien Resurrection began. I was contacted by Kerry Shea, a visual effects coordinator on the show. She gave me some awesome information that I was able to share with everyone involved with the zine.

I've read several postings in relation to Prometheus so far, posted by earnest and excited individuals citing a secret unknown source and to be taken as gospel, all of it based on their word. You'll have to forgive the gratuitous amount of skepticism on my part. I don't think it's particularly ethical or fair to excite or disappoint a rather rabid fan base with knowledge that cannot be confirmed except on the word of the unknown, faceless poster.

But maybe that's just me.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

It seems like a bizarre move on Fox's part.  I mean why have they chosen to delay the trailer just because the leaked one was so popular?  I'm not doubting that they have but it just seems like such a nonsensical thing to do.

I just can't shake the image in my head; of Rothman crying like a fat baby, throwing all of his toys out of the pram.  "WAH WAHHHH... the trailer got leaked mommy!  WAHHHHHHHH... me no like.  Me delay official trailer and make the fanboys cry... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

What a dick move.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed