Started by Darkness, Nov 14, 2006, 09:07:57 AM

Author
Forum/Website Bugs (Read 190,885 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Can you post a screenshot?

Shasvre

Shasvre

When I try to use the "Search" function, it doesn't work and this text shows up.

QuoteUnable to access the search daemon

Master Chief

Master Chief

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 04, 2019, 07:40:05 PM

So its not just me. The search function stopped working, same message appearing.

Huggs

Huggs

Mine seems to be all good.

Strange.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The search function needs resetting every now and again. I assume the boss has sorted it.

The Old One

The Old One

Someone ban that guy in the Discord immediately, try not to look a the images he's posting.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorted. Sorry about that. I believe he's one of those Global AvP jerks I had to be rid of.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

What the heck was it? Shock images?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Nothing serious, but sometimes I use the insert image thing to display a picture and the picture will show up briefly, but the next day it'll be gone despite the url still being in my post and working by itself. Is this the host denying hotlinking, or a problem with this site?

Darkness

Darkness

Do you have an example?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I had two recent post with images that did this so I changed them out for alternate urls.

I'm 99% sure these were the ones that disappeared:
Spoiler

[close]

It's done this to me for as long as I've been on this site (roughly 10 years) and I've had different computers and ISPs throughout that time. It would be nice to know how to avoid this because I occasionally have blank posts due to it, but only find out days after the fact since I always check a post after making one to see it posted correctly.

____

EDIT
I just checked this post on another device; the memestatic image does not show but the other does (I'm not sure if it will stay or disappear later, since I think it vanished once before. On this computer it shows both images, and if I'm right, in a day or two the memestatic image won't display on my own computer.

EDIT 2
The memestatic image disappeared after clearing my internet browser history.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, looks like with the memestatic, they prevent hotlinking or even direct linking to the image. I think the way hotlinking works is based on your referrer. When you load the page, it'll send the referrer to the other website asking for the image. If they've blocked all referrers except their own, it won't show. Sometimes, it might appear occasionally if the referrer you send to them is blank.

The reason the memestatic showed for you initially, is because you viewed on their website and as you said it was in your browser cache so the browser didn't need to contact them to get the image. I recommend hosting images on the free-image hosting sites. Back in my day, it was imageshack and photobucket but there doesn't seem to be many left other than imgur.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Ok so it's other sites being shoddy. Thanks for confirming that.

Shasvre

Shasvre

If I click on a thread that has new messages, it also marks the thread below it as read, removing the "new messages" symbol from it. Not a big deal really, but it gets a little confusing if entering a board with lots of unread threads.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed