Did the Nostromo land on top of a dead Alien?

Started by StayFrosty, Oct 29, 2011, 12:01:00 PM

Author
Did the Nostromo land on top of a dead Alien? (Read 8,082 times)

StayFrosty

When I first watched ALIEN, the first Alien movie I saw, I did have some knowledge on the biology of the Alien. I always assumed that the reason the Nostromo takes some damage when it lands on LV-426 is because it landed on top of an Alien, and the Alien's acid blood was causing some short circuting of the Nostromo.

Look carefully when the Nostromo lands, right before the exploding begins. You can see on the right side of the screen, one of the Nostromo's legs appears to land on something that looks kind of like an Alien. It appears to crush whatever this lump on the ground is. Either that, or the weight causes this object to sink into the ground... but something definitely happens there. It looks like some kind of creature, and whatever it is appears to be dead.

Whatever this object is, it definitely is NOT the Xenomorph we are familiar with. But that would make sense, because it is likely the chestburster which burst from the SPACE JOCKEY. So this Xenomorph has taken on DNA from the Space Jockey. It would make sense that this Xenomorph is dead, because it had been there by itself for hundreds or thousands of years while the space jockey was fossilizing, so it likely starved to death.

I do think this explains why parts of the Nostromo exploded and caught on fire when it landed. ACID BLOOD. I've never quite understood why this happened to the Nostromo when it landed, and this explains it. It does look like it lands on top of a weird object, possibly a dead alien. Check it out.

It may sound coincidental that the Nostromo landed on top of the same alien that burst from the Space Jockey, but it might not be the same alien. For all we know there were other Space Jockeys on the derelict which were impregnated.

SiL

The leg comes down on an uneven rock formation and gets damaged. There's no Alien.

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2011, 11:07:31 PM
The leg comes down on an uneven rock formation and gets damaged. There's no Alien.

StayFrosty

But why was their landing executed so poorly? I assume they are used to landing on planets. Yet this landing was a bit of a failure.

SiL

Their landing wasn't executed poorly -- the terrain was uneven and it's doubtful there was a good place to set down on the entire planet. They touched down with everyone alive and the ship intact, if battered; I'd say that counts as a good landing.

Xenomrph

The common phrase among pilots is "any landing you can walk away from is a good landing", or something to that effect.

SiL

I'd say that went doubly when landing ... in space.

*dramatic music*

aliennaire

StayFrosty , I just rewatched sequence of the Nostromo landing, unfortunately I didn't find those silhouettes to resemble Alien, e. g. there is no dorsal tubes, nor any well-known protrusions either.

In my opinion, so badly performed landing was caused by losing the shield on third desk (maybe, a minor reason) and by the failure of that device, which stabilised ship's floating in the air during the descent. You can listen up to what captain Dallas is saying at the time: "Our inertial damping's going off. Hold on, people, there is gonna be a little bump". So he knew, there would be a tough landing any way.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They landed on a fragment of the Old Ones' homeworld - who's to say they didn't land on a giant dead Shoggoth? :P

Never say no to Panda!

Haha, oh man...that's just the weirdest fan fiction i've ever read  :laugh:

whiterabbit

Oh I see it now. It's not the two foam rocks that the landing gear crushes but a alien'ish looking rock outcropping just behind the forward landing foot. Like it's laying on it's side. Head facing to the left, dorsals away. Still smiling too. You can even make out arms, legs and a body if you use your imagination. The foot doesn't see to touch much less crush it in any way.

Although I always thought the space jockey alien was seen just before the crew entered the derelict, off to the far right. I never noticed it before I saw alien in wide screen as it was cropped out of the frame to fit my tv.

Inverse Effect

dont forget the ground is really rocky

Ash 937

Everything about Alien has been analyzed to death on this website.  There is nothing left to talk about except to speculate about the rocks on LV-426. 

We have reached a milestone with this one!

Ghostface

Doesnt the blood lose it's acicity shortly after dying?

StayFrosty

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 18, 2011, 01:04:08 PM
Oh I see it now. It's not the two foam rocks that the landing gear crushes but a alien'ish looking rock outcropping just behind the forward landing foot. Like it's laying on it's side. Head facing to the left, dorsals away. Still smiling too. You can even make out arms, legs and a body if you use your imagination. The foot doesn't see to touch much less crush it in any way.

Although I always thought the space jockey alien was seen just before the crew entered the derelict, off to the far right. I never noticed it before I saw alien in wide screen as it was cropped out of the frame to fit my tv.

Are you sure about this? I'm not so sure I was right now.

Also, I've never noticed any alien-looking creature when they enter the derelict.

I sort of think if either of us were right about this, the directors would have commented about this on some commentary or interview. But, nothing. So it doesn't look like they intended on any of this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed