Alien Encounters Convention Report

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 19, 2011, 04:23:21 PM

Author
Alien Encounters Convention Report (Read 7,463 times)

Corporal Hicks

As most of you will have seen I recently attended an Aliens 25th anniversary convention here in the UK at the National Space Centre in Leicester. I have just finished and uploaded my convention report for the weekend:

“Charles spoke of having to chase Fincher down, eventually getting a fellow filmmaker to get Fincher to give Charles a ring, leaving a message which consisted of "Err...Hi, this is David Fincher...I was asked to give you a call about Alien 3....so....yeah...."

In attendance where Ricco Ross, Cynthia Scott, Collete Hiller, Daniel Kash, Trevor Steedman, Chris Trice, Chrissie Overs, Terry English, Ian Nathan, Charles De Lauzirika, Chris Fowler (from Alien Prequel News) and myself. It’s a pretty lengthy report with a nice big gallery on the last page. Hope you enjoy.

Darkness

I always thought Charles de Lauzirika was a lot older than that. Did he say anything else about Fincher? Like what else Fincher said in this phone call? He never took part in anything related to the Quad/Anthology, did he?

Very good report though. Nice and detailed. I look forward to seeing the videos whenever they release them.

Corporal Hicks

No, it never progressed past that, I don't believe. Fincher said something along the lines of "do what you want but I'm not interested".

Thanks. Took me a while to finish.

Vulhala

Makes me regret missing it even more now  :(

ADC

ADC

Great report Aaron and thanks once again to you, the AVPG mods and forum members for all the support you've given the convention and documentary.
And I hope it isn't too long before there is another chance for all the fans of the films to meet up. And of course there will be so much more to talk about next time round.

Cheers everybody  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 19, 2011, 04:43:05 PM
Makes me regret missing it even more now  :(

Make sure you're at the next one.

ADC - It's my pleasure. I really enjoyed myself, it was a great weekend and I can't wait to start plugging the hell out of your next event :)

Vulhala

Any word on when we're gonna see Epilogue yet?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 19, 2011, 04:40:58 PM
I always thought Charles de Lauzirika was a lot older than that.

So did I!  :D I'm not sure why though.

Anyway, that was a great write up Hicks.  It sounded like a blast; particularly the dinner with the cast and crew, it must have been great to be able to have an informal chat with them.

If I wasn't so shy then I'd love to have gone myself.  Maybe I'll be able to convince a friend to go with me if there's another convention.

I'm really looking forward to watching the panal footage in a couple of months.

robbritton

Quote from: ADC on Oct 19, 2011, 07:00:11 PM
Great report Aaron and thanks once again to you, the AVPG mods and forum members for all the support you've given the convention and documentary.
And I hope it isn't too long before there is another chance for all the fans of the films to meet up. And of course there will be so much more to talk about next time round.

Cheers everybody  ;)

It was a grand day out, and very odd to be taking place on land I used to pick blackberries on as a child! Look forward to the next one!

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

By the way Hicks, I'm assuming that the two leaked Space Jockey seat photos were seen at the panal but were there any other photos from the Prometheus panel that have yet to be seen outside of the convention?  If so, will we all be able to see them when once the footage gets released online?

Also, I'm not sure how easy it would be to sort this kind of thing out but do you think that it could be arranged for one of the actual Alien films to be shown at a future convention?  I know that Thing-Fest manages to do this every year for John Carpenter's The Thing.  I'd imagine that it would be an amazing experience to watch a well loved classic on the big screen, with a buch of fans.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 19, 2011, 04:42:02 PM
No, it never progressed past that, I don't believe. Fincher said something along the lines of "do what you want but I'm not interested".

Thanks. Took me a while to finish.
It's a story he told The Digital Bits a few years ago. he was gonna put Fincher's voice mail on the DVD as a bonus, but decided against it. Then, he lost the recording. D'oh.

friendlyskies

Glad you had such a great time Aaron and thanks for the kind words in your report, very well done on that bud :)

Personally I'm just glad that we were able to celebrate the 25th Anniversary in style. Was great to meet you properly finally as well and thanks for taking part in the panels.

@ Vulhala, Epilogue still has some work to be done as Aaron mentioned in his report. The composer is working on a new cue and I'm currently trying to find someone that can do a professional final mix on all the audio. The CG was great for the premiere but alot of the shots have to be revisited for additions/corrections to be made. I'm hoping that the final film will be online by the end of the year though.

Thanks again to Aaron and everyone on the AVPG for all the support in helping to make this event one of the most memorable Alien Cons ever.

Cheers

Darren

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed