How many of us are just going to endlessly restart the game to save our marines?

Started by predxeno, Oct 13, 2011, 08:11:21 PM

How many of us are just going to endlessly restart the game to save our marines?

I am
9 (52.9%)
I am not
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author
How many of us are just going to endlessly restart the game to save our marines? (Read 4,075 times)

predxeno

predxeno

I don't know what I'll do quite yet.  I guess it'll determine how I feel a the time.  I remember I used to endlessly restart Pikmin 2 for Nintendo Gamecube everytime I lost one of the cute little guys. :D (I didn't do it for AVP Extinction, though :-\  I guess I figured that the Aliens didn't care about dying as long as the Hive was safe, the Predators care about honor more than they do their lives, and the Marines are just man enough to deal with the losses)

EDIT: Does anyone know whether it's possible to save all the marines so that no marines haved died by the end of the game?

Note: Please use Spoiler Tags for those of us who haven't completed the game yet.

SM

I don't know if that's possible.  However there's plenty of marines throughout the game.  They're essentially extra lives.  There were quite a few times when I had a full team so couldn't pick up more. 

Kigan

I voted "I am not" but it comes with a bit of a disclaimer: I did restart on the first boss a few times while I was still trying to fully grasp the controls. Outside that, I don't intend to do the restarting.

As for the marine saving, SM is right. You can only recruit if your marine(s) die. They do count as alive if you do not recruit them.

DiabloGuapo

When I first played this game, I saved and restarted a lot to get the "perfect" game. Now, I try to kill off the marines to get the team I want, but it's always hard to choose who lives or dies. With 19 playable marines, there is so many possible combinations to try.

mastermoon

I just reset the game quickly if some marines die from xenomorphs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed