Alright, im in 3rd act right now and here;s what i think :
1. Game looks great, but im a fan of 2d old school action so its right up in my alley.
2. Marines moves are awesome, lots of actions to do, not your average run and jump character. Controls are great and responsive.
3. environment is really good, but doors and elevators get really repetitive after a while.
4. enemies are challenging, i've stumble upon alien workers, alien warriors, droids, soldiers, chestbusters, facehuggers, Alien Queen and "space jockey alien" . Boss fights (i've done 2 so far) are cool, pretty hard at first time .
5. Searching around Sulaco and Lv-426 is nice, with a lots of vent exploring.
6. Weapons are really cool (shotgun with upgrades is awesome, hell yea )
7. Lots of reading guys, many conversations between marines, although mostly about what to do next, where to go etc.
Fisrt act feels very nice, puts you in great atmosphere, although u should play it in the dark, its way more intense. we know what happens from the trailers and gamplay vides so nothing new if i tell you that you just search for survivors and answers for what happend on sulace, you find survivor , fight boss, and we bring party to lv-426. There you fight more and more enemies, search for explosives, destroy few things, and we get a little point and shoot game with apc. then another boss fight. 3rd is where thing start to get intresting storywise. at least for me cause i knew what to expect from first hour of the story. so We are back on the sulaco and... well no need to spoil , but it really doeasnt feel like the first act , althugh we're back where we started ( we got a lot of new areas to check , and story is gettin a lot better) .
I think for non-aliens fans this is a anotther good/very good 2d game. For myself and most of you guys, definetely something worth playing. It,s more like comic book aliens than movie like (we got to wait for colonial marines ) but i love it.