Possible Space Jockey Pictures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 29, 2011, 06:23:21 AM

Author
Possible Space Jockey Pictures (Read 65,794 times)

m138jewski

m138jewski

so damn happy about this. Even if the tie in comes at the end, or whatever, it's gonna be there. this is a great time for alien fans!

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Sep 29, 2011, 05:52:22 PM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on Sep 29, 2011, 05:18:23 PM
I always like to believe that the SJ was permanently fused to the chair and that it was some form of biomech pilot created by another, yet unseen, intelligent life form! Therefore, the SJ was a creation like the Xenos by some other mysterious race.

That would be awesome. 
I had something similar in mind. But I guess that the SJs surgically attached themselves to different stuff, in Alien's case, the ship. So there could be those normal Jockeys that could, well walk around, while some others could be half-machines, that are restricted to the vicinity of the thing they are connected to.

Or they could attach and detach themselves from machines, whenever they wanted to.

I'm not sure SJs were organisms created by other organisms. Xenomorphs could be, but SJs, being the advanced race they are, seem to have altered their bodies to their needs.

Someone NEEDS to Photoshop a Space Jockey on a Segway, STAT!

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Sep 29, 2011, 04:38:11 PM
Quote from: Glaive on Sep 29, 2011, 04:05:07 PM
Quote from: Kev Loaf on Sep 29, 2011, 01:26:34 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 29, 2011, 10:46:09 AM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 29, 2011, 10:40:21 AM
Just a thought, but what if it's not a telescope but some sort of cannon that launches the egg/cylinder shaped objects into new planets.

Basically it fires a cocktail of life....
So it's a giant dick?

Not a far stretch, considering Alien.

Wait what?! A giant dick?! What is it doing, pumping the seed of life constantly into the universe. I bloody hope this is not the case.

Considering it was designed by Giger, I found it rather tame...though I find it difficult to rationalize that you've gone through life without realizing that the Space Jockey was actually staring up through a gigantic, erect, flayed penis...

...we won't talk about the split glans ('bell-end', for our younger viewers)

HUH?! Has someone who actually made the film or designed the creature actually come out and said it was a "gigantic, erect, flayed penis"?!

That is insane. Why can you guys not imagine it to be a telescope or a cannon, why does everything have to be turned into something erotic?!  :D

Its Space Jockey envy ;)

Corporal Hicks

Pictures are down.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2011, 07:24:53 PM
Pictures are down.

As of a minute ago still on Google and PrometheusFilmNews (complete with AvPGalaxy banner!).
Grab ém while you can!!

ThisBethesdaSea

Glad I saw em' and saved em! :) :)

Fox, get your act together and start promoting this film and shit like this won't happen. Y'all ain't doin ANYTHING in respects to this film. :)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Hope someone can post them pics again I missed them  :-[  Damn FOX is fast, they must have been real then, BRILLIANT find Hicks!!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Good thing I was able to see them before Fox took them. Looks good as always.

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: RoaryUK on Sep 29, 2011, 08:19:36 PM
Damn FOX is fast, they must have been real then, BRILLIANT find Hicks!!

There are 207 Guests, 53 Users now. I bet half of those guests are people who actually worked on Prometheus and are just trying to figure out what their movie is about.

Could it be a penis?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Daft as it might sound, and based on Gigars own wacky (to say the least) sense of surrealism, I wouldn't be supprised if the 'canon' thing actually fired Alien eggs  ;D

NUB DESTROYER

Or maybe those urns. They look like they can remain intact while they're being hurtled through space and time.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Sep 29, 2011, 09:14:44 PM
Or maybe those urns. They look like they can remain intact while they're being hurtled through space and time.

Actually yeah I take that back, probably won't be eggs in this movie as discussed some time back, those urns do seem perfect for it... maybe we are onto something and dont even know it!!

NUB DESTROYER

It's all speculative still, but why not. Imagine when the real trailer hits, this place is gonna blow up.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Sep 29, 2011, 09:30:44 PM
It's all speculative still, but why not. Imagine when the real trailer hits, this place is gonna blow up.

Indeed.  And that telescope/canon thing has gotta be good for something, rather than just some kind of antennae I imagined all those years ago

Glaive

Glaive

I've got a full-colour picture looking down the split glans of the telecope/whatever...it has multiple holes between the two flayed flaps, I took it for multiple lenses for this alien 'telescope' for a time...

The film,however, NEVER showed this aparatus from an angle we could SEE these holes...

Perhaps, Ridley is happy he had an artist that could enlarge his vision between canvas and full-sized sculpture...and it is serendipitous that something Giger added to a model on a sound-stage might have sparked Prometheus.

Ridley Scott (1978)..."I LOVE the Space Jockey...but it's going to be twice as expensive to build this telescope..."
HR Giger..."But you muzt!...Ozerwise Jockey make NO sense!...and iz OBVIUZLY not TELESCOPE!..Iz PLANET INZEMINATOR!!!"

...I'm pretty sure THAT's the way it went down.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed