A theory on why Xenomorphs in avp mature quickly

Started by The Alien Predator, Sep 24, 2011, 11:57:16 PM

Author
A theory on why Xenomorphs in avp mature quickly (Read 4,420 times)

The Alien Predator

I am not sure if this has been done before, but while I was sitting in college bored out of my mind, I was thinking about what I saw in some videos on Youtube.

They were talking about how people inject cows and chickens with growth hormones to make them bigger and beefier etc.

The Predators being the advanced species they are, probably injected something into the Facehuggers or eggs, or they could have genetically modified these Aliens because they own them, they had a chained queen she could either have been captured wild or was a captive bred queen that grew in Predator captivity.

Wild Aliens will take hours to grow, while Predator-bred Aliens will grow faster so that Youngbloods can go straight to the hunt.

Also in AVP-R the Aliens were quite dumb, this could be like dogs and wolves, obviously wolves are smarter because dogs have arrested development, which means that wolves will mature while dogs even when adults will continue to act like teenage wolves.

The Aliens in the Alien movies where much smarter and more menacing than the ones in avp (except for Grid who was a lucky one)

Snowdog

Paul W.S. Anderson stated that the queen in the first avp was injected with hormones, so the aliens would grow faster. Also AvP-r does not exist for me :P there was so much wrong with that movie that i don't even know where to begin.

Terx2

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 25, 2011, 01:13:24 AM
Paul W.S. Anderson stated that the queen in the first avp was injected with hormones, so the aliens would grow faster. Also AvP-r does not exist for me :P there was so much wrong with that movie that i don't even know where to begin.

How would the predators inject hormones into the queen?. Acid for blood it would just melt the needle. They must of covered it in the queen or Praetorian and let it matured so it would adapt to the formula but I don't believe that's possible.

SiL

Acid isn't some miracle substance which melts everything. There are plenty of substances acids don't generally affect, glass being one of them.

Spaghetti

Did anderson ever actually say that hormone shit?

I though that was just crap some fan lied about to try to justify the 10 minute life cycle.

SM

Yeah that's what I thought too.

LadyZero

It's magic, like everything in AvP that doesn't make any sense.

Snowdog

Anderson stated it in an interview i saw some time ago. and if i remember correctly he also states it in one of the special features from the dvd or the audio commentary.

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

It's a neat idea. But if Anderson was a better filmmaker, he should've implemented this idea somehow in the film in order to not have a plot hole in the first place.

PsyKore

Quote from: SiL on Sep 25, 2011, 05:47:41 AM
There are plenty of substances acids don't generally affect, glass being one of them.

I never knew it didn't affect glass. But I admit I know nothing about acid apart from what I've seen in films, haha. :-[ Does this then create a technical problem for Resurrection's ending where Ripley throws her acid at the small window?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Terx2 on Sep 25, 2011, 05:07:51 AM

How would the predators inject hormones into the queen?. Acid for blood it would just melt the needle. They must of covered it in the queen or Praetorian and let it matured so it would adapt to the formula but I don't believe that's possible.

The Predators seem to have some acid resistant equipment, Wolf's weapons didn't melt while he was fighting xenomorphs, also if you look at EU, countless Aliens get slaughtered while the Predator's weapons remain intact, they either use some acid resistant elements found on other planets or they coat their equipment with acid resistant chemicals or something.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Sep 25, 2011, 01:14:28 PM
Quote from: Terx2 on Sep 25, 2011, 05:07:51 AM

The Predators seem to have some acid resistant equipment, Wolf's weapons didn't melt while he was fighting xenomorphs, also if you look at EU, countless Aliens get slaughtered while the Predator's weapons remain intact, they either use some acid resistant elements found on other planets or they coat their equipment with acid resistant chemicals or something.

It was interesting in AVP that only some of their equipment were acid proof. Worked out well.

SM

Quote from: PsyKore on Sep 25, 2011, 01:02:54 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 25, 2011, 05:47:41 AM
There are plenty of substances acids don't generally affect, glass being one of them.

I never knew it didn't affect glass. But I admit I know nothing about acid apart from what I've seen in films, haha. :-[ Does this then create a technical problem for Resurrection's ending where Ripley throws her acid at the small window?

Hydroflouric acid can dissolve glass.

Assuming the window was in fact glass.

chupacabras acheronsis

the windows in space vehicles are generally not made of glass.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Sep 26, 2011, 01:55:01 AM
the windows in space vehicles are generally not made of glass.

What exactly are they made off? Does the same apply to planes too?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed