AvPGalaxy Interviews WayForward

Started by ikarop, Sep 15, 2011, 05:13:47 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Interviews WayForward (Read 13,926 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

This looks very promisingn, now just get renegade kid (Dementium, Dementium2, Moon) to make a fps version and I think life will be complete :P

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Preordered. I mean, there was never any question. I'm a huge fan of this genre of gaming, and this is the first time (unless you count the frustratingly odd Aliens: The Thanatos Encounter) that it's graced the Alien franchise. Plus, I love sprite-based graphics, and these look to be pretty stunning. I have a sneaking suspicion I may actually get more enjoyment out of this little appetizer than I will from the main attraction.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Sep 16, 2011, 03:05:10 AM
But I really don't know if these two companies are cooperating or not.
They definitely are cooperating. The interview says as much. :)

SM

SM

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 16, 2011, 02:56:31 AM
Probably the ones Syd Mead did that the Gearbox guys have talked about, if I'm remembering right.

It'd be cool if Mead really did do schematics of the Sulaco, but if he'd done any for the film they woulda shown up in a book or on a DVD sometime in the last 25 years with all the other artwork he did.

QuoteThe game will be fun but I don't think it needs to be judged against too much accuracy from the films. 

I don't judge any game with film accuracy.  Alien3 - The Gun would suck if it was accurate.  ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Sep 16, 2011, 06:46:56 AM
Probably the ones Syd Mead did that the Gearbox guys have talked about, if I'm remembering right.

It'd be cool if Mead really did do schematics of the Sulaco, but if he'd done any for the film they woulda shown up in a book or on a DVD sometime in the last 25 years with all the other artwork he did.
I mean, if he had done any for Gearbox for Colonial Marines, I seem to recall a Gearbox person saying they were working directly with Mead to "flesh out" other parts of the ship not seen in the movie.

NUB DESTROYER

LOL don't want to mention this guy again but Brian Cozzens mentions n one of his interviews at PAX that his company was working with Mead to replicate the interior of the Sulaco based on his old schematics that he made during his time working on Aliens.

I'd give you the youtube link, but I need to get a haircut

SM

SM

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 16, 2011, 07:12:17 AM
Quote from: SM on Sep 16, 2011, 06:46:56 AM

I mean, if he had done any for Gearbox for Colonial Marines, I seem to recall a Gearbox person saying they were working directly with Mead to "flesh out" other parts of the ship not seen in the movie.

I know - I'm just refuting the claim from the dude that Mead did Sulaco "schematics" back in 1985, which they're using.

NUB DESTROYER

Brian Martell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-bYHgK30C4 (1:00 area)
The other guy  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhAOJrKroqI  (says it twice)
There's more, but these are the ones I can find off the bat.

Bio Mech Hunter

I am SO buying this on launch day. ;D

Ash 937

Ash 937

I haven't bought a new Nintendo DS game since New Super Mario Bros. came out in 2006.  The DS is a great system even though I personally feel like their best titles came out early in the system's life cycle.  It's so refreshing to see a game like this come out in 2011.  Preordered.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 16, 2011, 03:48:30 AM
This looks very promisingn, now just get renegade kid (Dementium, Dementium2, Moon) to make a fps version and I think life will be complete :P

A cool little homebrew fps (only one level long) for the DS came out a few years ago and used the Alien theme.  It's not much of a game but it does give you a hint of what a proper Alien fps for the DS would be like.

You don't see actual gameplay until about 3 mins in and the review, in general, can be slightly annoying but you'll get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9tvjGN3RwY#ws

NUB DESTROYER

I'm not up-to-date regarding this title so forgive me for this. But what exactly is WayForward's reason for not releasing this on the 3DS?  Despite the backwards compatibility, not many people want to play a game on a lesser system.

I can only imagine that they're doing it because they're just huge fans and have absolutely no care about making a profit on this game. Because despite their supposed "low budget", that's what will end up happening.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Game has been in development since like 2007, before the 3DS existed. They didn't want to go back and rebuild the game to utilize the 3D stuff, so they're releasing it as-is.

NUB DESTROYER

Thanks for the info. I hope it works out for everyone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed