Your opinion about the Aliens' tail-whipping from walls?

Started by The Xenoborg, Sep 12, 2011, 06:41:23 PM

Is the tail-attack, an Alien's only strong point against others?

Yes, Aliens are too weak, that's the only way to win matches.
No, stealth based tactics are much more effective.
Author
Your opinion about the Aliens' tail-whipping from walls? (Read 4,046 times)

The Xenoborg

Personally, I hate being killed by their tails, all the time; so I don't use the tail-attack on others. I only use it once, and disappear, while they stand their while 'blocking'.
Some people, I met around, are rather okay with being spammed by tails while some (like me) find it super annoying.  :-\

Do you think it's the only weapon an Alien has against others? - Because almost every rank 43 player I come across, whips tails at me whenever they get the chance.
Though, I am able to score almost the same kills without using it continuously.

The Necronoir

If they're getting close enough to you to tail-whip from a wall, I think they're using stealth tactics fairly effectively.

Adey

Hey dude, there are only a few maps where tail whiping can be properly effective so yeah use it man after all the alien has no range attacks and always needs to get close and just getting in close on an open map is almost suicidal for an alien.
Use the tail as an advantage mate seriously because those same players who complain about it and rage quit, are the same players who will most likely plasma spam the crap out of you.

The Xenoborg

Quote from: The Necronoir on Sep 13, 2011, 02:34:34 AM
If they're getting close enough to you to tail-whip from a wall, I think they're using stealth tactics fairly effectively.
I think I get what you mean, but then if an opponent knows you're somewhere around, and you just charge at them and whip a tail at them, I don't think that's stealth. But if the opponent doesn't know of your presence and you tail-whip them, that is rather stealthy.

Marinho

I don't mind.
Nothing than a shotgun can't face.    ;D

If they tail-whip you from the wall, then must to avoid fall in their game

predxeno

Do I find tail-whipping annoying?  Well, I find constantly dying to other players annoying either because they are better players or they are weaker players who team up on me.  I don't really see tail whipping as any special tactic yet. :-\

Corporal Hicks

The only map it really irritates me on is Pyramid. Other than that, fair game I think.

The Xenoborg

Well, it's just me then.  :P

allicorn

You know, I used to be furious when this happened to me, but I do it too, especially in pyramid because it's the perfect map for it. (Besides, all predators do is use their discs in the narrow hallways and if an alien is running straight toward a marine on the ceiling in a narrow hallway, they are easily killed as well.) I don't do it constantly, every time I get the chance. However, if you are just standing there next to the wall like a damn fool, I will tail you in the ass or the back of the head. Or, if there are multiple enemies and they are standing near the wall, I will tail them all, or at least get one or two kills out of it before dying.

But it is really annoying when an alien gets up on a wall to tail you whenever they get the chance. That just proves they have no skill. ;p

Fujimaster

Stealth is knida hard to do with all that stupid growling the opponent hears.
Am am partial to a mighty leap onto them then slashing with my claws

The Xenoborg

Even watching this guy play as an Alien is annoying. Note how he transitions to the wall to just tail-spam.
He calls this "skill".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuk6UGmhtqs#ws

allicorn

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Sep 18, 2011, 12:39:05 PM
Even watching this guy play as an Alien is annoying. Note how he transitions to the wall to just tail-spam.
He calls this "skill".

Holy crap! The sound on that video murdered my eardrums.
Anyways. Yeah, that much wall-tailing is annoying. That's not skill at all. Lol.

Vecrotus

I don't find the tail-whipping annoying. It is an effective weapon, and the closes to a long-range weapon that the alien has.

allicorn

Quote from: Vecrotus on Sep 19, 2011, 07:07:17 AM
I don't find the tail-whipping annoying. It is an effective weapon, and the closes to a long-range weapon that the alien has.

That is a good argument, but when an alien uses it excessively to a point where they transition onto a wall every single time they get the chance, and don't even bother with the light and heavy attacks on the ground anymore, it is very annoying. However, I can understand doing this when you are at low health, there are multiple enemies about, or you're getting back at some nasty predators for triple teaming and spamming plasma. >.<

belikel

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Sep 18, 2011, 12:39:05 PM
He calls this "skill".

I am pretty good with the alien both on the ground and with the wall tailing. Let me assure you: It would be far less annoying to watch this guy if he would actually know what he's doing. His skill is mediocre at best hence his wall tailing is far less "flowing" than it could be ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed