About the AVP2 hydraulic puppet

Started by locusta, Jan 21, 2007, 09:56:32 AM

Author
About the AVP2 hydraulic puppet (Read 1,950 times)

locusta

locusta

Over at A-experience we had a little chat with Colin about the hydraulics and animatronics in the AVP2. http://www.alienexperience.com/forum/smf/index.php?topic=2538.225

A few news there which are very interesting.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I liked it, Very interesting. Thanks for the news.

Corporal Hicks

It really sounds like these 2 know what they're doing. I'll admit, I'm getting very excited.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2007, 11:14:50 AM
It really sounds like these 2 know what they're doing. I'll admit, I'm getting very excited.

They really do, and it's great to hear them talk about the movie the way they do.

frankaster

this movie hould be perfect if the brothers called back stan winston

I LOVE HIS ANIMATRONICS!!!!!!!!

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: frankaster on Jan 23, 2007, 10:06:59 PM
this movie hould be perfect if the brothers called back stan winston

I LOVE HIS ANIMATRONICS!!!!!!!!
It would be very cool to see Stan Winston back on the Alien/Predator franchise

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

nay, not cool, THAT would be awesome.

SM

SM

nay, not awesome, THAT would be EXPENSIVE

SiL

SiL

For the love of God, have you got ANYTHING to back that up, man?

You keep saying they'd be horribly expensive, but have you actually got any price difference between the two, or are you just guessing? Because I've seen the work they've done on minimal budgets: It's awesome, just as good as their expensive stuff.

SM

SM

No.

But you don't have to think about it for more the 5 seconds to come to that conclusion.

Stan Winston Studios are to animatronics what ILM is to digital creation and compositing.  They're both at the top of their chosen trees and since ILM charges top dollar, logically so would Winston.  Stan the Man did great work on small budgets out of necessity - when Cameron came to him and said "Stan, what do you think - should I do a sequel to Alien?", Winston said "Absolutely, Jim.  I need the work!".  Now he doesn't have to work on small budgets.  If Winston had made any overtures of working for less on an AvP film do you honestly think Fox would've said, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Meathead320

As far as I know both woodruff and Gillis are former employees of Winston, who left to start their own business, and who both even worked on A2 together. They have every bit as much claim to working on A2 as any one else at Winston Studios. In fact Stan himself actually does more of the running of the business these days, and a lot of the technical duties, to my knowledge, are done by employees of his.

SiL

SiL

They've also got the guy who sculpted the original Predator face working at ADI.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Which is why Scar looked so horrible umasked in AvP right?

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Mar 11, 2007, 10:55:02 PM
Which is why Scar looked so horrible umasked in AvP right?

ahahahahhahaha

If I recall correctly, Gillis and co. said they made the preds to PA's specs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed