Your thoughts on Drugs?

Started by daywalker, Aug 30, 2011, 10:21:03 AM

Author
Your thoughts on Drugs? (Read 48,845 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 30, 2011, 07:27:22 PM
I saw what prescription drugs mixed with alcohol did to my husband before it killed him.  It turned him into a monster with a pickled brain.  To each his own until it hurts someone else, my thoughts on it.

I've red your story in the bad things that happened to you topic, and i'm indeed sorry to hear this :-[ But i have to say i do have respect for you after i've red it :) Just had to say that  ;)

Sylizar

Sylizar

I think drugs and drinking are worthless and or stupid, so I don't do either.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Never done anything more hardcore than pot. Although had my friend been able to get his hands on acid I would have done that but he wasn't able to get any. I don't actively pursue acquiring drugs, it's more of an "if it's there I'll do it" type thing.

I like beer..for whatever reason I don't like most hard alcohols anymore. Particularly vodka. I hate vodka.

Vulhala

Vulhala

'Bearer, if you ever find yourself in the position where Acid is available, pass. You're really not missing anything there.

As for booze, I can't comment except to say that I finally dried out 2 months ago after 10 whole years of being a full on drunk. I'm not even at the stage of drinking the coffee yet, I can smell it brewing. The damage I did while I was drunk is barely repairable. I've lost friends, embarrassed myself in front of everyone I know, hurt family in the worst ways, pretty much missed the first year of my sons life, been arrested countless times for fighting.....

The shame alone is enough to never want me to even look at another pint. Once that shit gets under your skin, you're in for the ride. If you're lucky you'll hit rock bottom and have the people around you to pick you back up. If not, well, Alice knows that scene  :(

Valaquen

Valaquen

I had fun with acid. And salvia. Had two drinks this year. I'd rather sit at home in comfort with friends than go out, get smashed, and get beaten up by some drunk areshole in a striped polo shirt.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 30, 2011, 11:25:19 PM
'Bearer, if you ever find yourself in the position where Acid is available, pass. You're really not missing anything there.

Must of been terrible Acid because i done it 3 weeks ago and i thought it was snowing outside,and a shaolin monk was on the TV telling me about all the bad things i done in my life and that i am a good person.I gelt enlightened to say the least.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Never done drugs but I frown upon them since I'm straightedge X   X
I hate how anything like drugs or beer for that matter people feel is the answer to all their issues. How many times have I heard someone say I"M DEPRESSED HATE LIFE GONNA GO SMOKE A JOINT AND GET DRUNK!! ::)

Sure that removes the problem at present time but its only gonna cause issues later in life and piss you off more.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Effectz on Aug 31, 2011, 12:00:57 AM
Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 30, 2011, 11:25:19 PM

Must of been terrible Acid because i done it 3 weeks ago and i thought it was snowing outside,and a shaolin monk was on the TV telling me about all the bad things i done in my life and that i am a good person.I gelt enlightened to say the least.

And reading your post, you don't think there's anything strange about that?

I'll clarify my position and then leave. Marijuana is a plant. Our biosphere evolved for millions of years before we even turned up. Now, given the fact that said plant evolved alongside us, and has featured for thousands of years in some cultures, it must be at least as safe as tobacco. And it is consumed unrefined.

Acid is an artificial product. It's synthesised. Designed to mash your brain up as much as possible. They are not the same thing at all.

And I know Opium and Cocaine are derived from natural plants, but in their natural state they're pretty harmless. Once refined, you get crack and smack.

Answer me a question, would you drop with kids about?

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Never have done any illegal drugs, never will. Don't even drink or smoke.

Also, an open letter to potheads.  Take a bath, you stink. I do think it's cute that they want it legalized though. Yeah, keeping tabs on our own, safe, prescription medications is going so well, with the drastic rise in overdose deaths we've seen this decade.

I fully support more employers going the drug test route, and wish it would be more common, with surprise drug exams happening more frequently.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Aug 31, 2011, 12:35:10 AM
Never have done any illegal drugs, never will. Don't even drink or smoke.

Also, an open letter to potheads.  Take a bath, you stink. I do think it's cute that they want it legalized though. Yeah, keeping tabs on our own, safe, prescription medications is going so well, with the drastic rise in overdose deaths we've seen this decade.

I fully support more employers going the drug test route, and wish it would be more common, with surprise drug exams happening more frequently.
Its always funny how I see junior high kids go crazy over LEGALIZE IT stickers or shotglasses and want to buy them.......but their mothers with them.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, keeping tabs on our own, safe, prescription medications is going so well, with the drastic rise in overdose deaths we've seen this decade.

It is impossible to overdose on marijuana. The sheer amount you would have to smoke would be several times your own body weight.

Aeus

Aeus

My thoughts are all over the place when I'm on drugs.

XxecutionerxX

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: Sylizar on Aug 30, 2011, 09:25:42 PM
I think drugs and drinking are worthless and or stupid, so I don't do either.
I agree with this.  I always ask my friends why do they waste money on that crap and I get the same answer everytime: "Just to have fun" or "To look cool".  Really?!  I can have as much fun as you without drinking or doing that shit.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm assuming you have stats to prove this?

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Aug 31, 2011, 12:35:10 AMI fully support more employers going the drug test route, and wish it would be more common, with surprise drug exams happening more frequently.

I hate drug testing. I fail to see what someone's past time has to do with their ability to work, especially if they're turning in results.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Nothing wrong with a little marijuana used in moderation. I definitely agree that the affects got nothin' on the wallop alcohol can pack. Had a couple mind-blowing experiences with mushrooms way back, but can't see doing it again. As for the harder stuff like coke or heroin... yeah, keep 'em away.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed